Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Memorable quotes

Comments

• KatiaKatia Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kiet said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Farrah said:
    Okay, you lost me on that one. Vanial's personality is not at all what I think of when I think of Naga.
    The Naga, at least during my time, tended to attract the Mhaldorians who were more quirky and off-the-beaten path than your standard HAIL THE SEVEN TRUTHS, WEAKLING Maldaathi or Blood Congregation type. Especially ones like Vaniel (or young Jir, for that matter) who could have long conversations with heathens that juuuuust dance on the edge of hinting at heretical sympathies and can easily leave people with the impression of "is this person actually Mhaldorian." Made for good spies. 

Also, that sense of humor. 
    I think this is kind of a myth the naga held for a while that was part of a greater pattern that ultimately led so many naga to simply say naga > mhaldor and led to half of them defecting for the ren. There were plenty of quirky people in every mhaldorian house, including the squarest of them all, the maldaathi (I say this lovingly!). The naga tended to insist they were completely different and unique, though, for who knows what reason, and this only got worse towards the end of the house's lifespan from what I can tell. It was ultimately a weird sort of isolationism that tried to play up differences rather than similarities with the rest of the city, often manufactured.

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the naga at one point. But the EF had Dethea, Merador, and Jaryn, ffs. There are very few characters in the entire history of Mhaldor as quirky as those three, and Dethea literally covered herself in bling as Tyrannus. The BC had people like Tali and the Maldaathi had Carmain, too, both of which were 'quirkier' than any Naga off the top of my head. The most well known Naga were people like Watchman, Jurixe, Yig, Ulrike and Katia, all of which were pretty stereotypically Mhaldorian--even if they were very interesting characters within that.
    I mean, I can always come back, rejoin mhaldor, hide in a shadow and play again. I just never really got along with the ren of Mhaldor, but I hadn't really been playing much before it happened anyway, so I was more lost than most. I do miss many of the people in Mhaldor, some less than others. 
    ALso, kinda nice to be listed amongst those people, have to admit
  • KatiaKatia Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Katia said:
    Kiet said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Farrah said:
    Okay, you lost me on that one. Vanial's personality is not at all what I think of when I think of Naga.
    The Naga, at least during my time, tended to attract the Mhaldorians who were more quirky and off-the-beaten path than your standard HAIL THE SEVEN TRUTHS, WEAKLING Maldaathi or Blood Congregation type. Especially ones like Vaniel (or young Jir, for that matter) who could have long conversations with heathens that juuuuust dance on the edge of hinting at heretical sympathies and can easily leave people with the impression of "is this person actually Mhaldorian." Made for good spies. 

Also, that sense of humor. 
    I think this is kind of a myth the naga held for a while that was part of a greater pattern that ultimately led so many naga to simply say naga > mhaldor and led to half of them defecting for the ren. There were plenty of quirky people in every mhaldorian house, including the squarest of them all, the maldaathi (I say this lovingly!). The naga tended to insist they were completely different and unique, though, for who knows what reason, and this only got worse towards the end of the house's lifespan from what I can tell. It was ultimately a weird sort of isolationism that tried to play up differences rather than similarities with the rest of the city, often manufactured.

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the naga at one point. But the EF had Dethea, Merador, and Jaryn, ffs. There are very few characters in the entire history of Mhaldor as quirky as those three, and Dethea literally covered herself in bling as Tyrannus. The BC had people like Tali and the Maldaathi had Carmain, too, both of which were 'quirkier' than any Naga off the top of my head. The most well known Naga were people like Watchman, Jurixe, Yig, Ulrike and Katia, all of which were pretty stereotypically Mhaldorian--even if they were very interesting characters within that.
    I mean, I can always come back, rejoin mhaldor, hide in a shadow and play again. I just never really got along with the ren of Mhaldor, but I hadn't really been playing much before it happened anyway, so I was more lost than most. I do miss many of the people in Mhaldor, some less than others. 
    ALso, kinda nice to be listed amongst those people, have to admit
    Though, they did also explode my god.
    No house, no city, no god, It's easier to stay retired really
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,149 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2018
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Mezghar falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Yareve's celestial voice.
    | 10369hp | 7594mp(99%) | 31760e| 31760wex- 2.4%,cexkdbs- 
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Asani falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Farrah falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Erikka falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Keorin falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Aralaya falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Jaedra falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Dalran falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Auria falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Jinsun falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Shirszae falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Azuros falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Shoju falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Zekiel falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Aeryea falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Jocindi falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Astarod falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Itkovian falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Asani falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Farrah falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Erikka falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Keorin falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Dalran falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Jinsun falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Shirszae falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Azuros falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Shoju falls dead at the sound of the Archangel
    Caught in the white-hot spaces between words, Jocindi falls dead at the sound of the Archangel

sticks and stones may break my bones but fuck angel words HURT!

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
    JiraishinUtianimaAsmodronValaria
  • ProficyProficy Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Our trust is broken now

Lol, I thought mhaldorous woulda dimed me out first
    Utianima
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 4,935 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I have a lot of questions.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    TrillianaValaria
  • JiraishinJiraishin trapped in a thawing block of iceMember Posts: 1,586 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xulu, an orc witchdoctor bows his head and closes his eyes. After a moment, you
    feel your mind becoming entangled and twisted by his mental puissance.
    Xulu, an orc witchdoctor attempts to transfix a monitor lizard, but succeeds
    only in curing his blindness.

So Halos is a dryad and Jiraishin is a monitor lizard.
    I mean. He -does- like basking.
    edited December 2018
    This is really one of those times I wish I had an ounce of artistic talent for drawing. I need to see Halos and Jira bashing together as dryad and monitor lizard.

@Yae, why has thou forsaken us?
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    JiraishinUtianimaYaeHalos
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,149 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Melodie said:
    This is really one of those times I wish I had an ounce of artistic talent for drawing. I need to see Halos and Jira bashing together as dryad and monitor lizard.

@Yae, why has thou forsaken us?
    Time to make more patented art!

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,318 @ - Epic Achaean
    @Dunn inadverently found something hilarious.

UtianimaFinchy
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,756 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    How were you not already aware of the yarr emote?
    Finchy
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,318 @ - Epic Achaean
    Antonius said:
    How were you not already aware of the yarr emote?
    Why would I be? 

Finchy
  • RackhamRackham Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ya-har! 
  • JiraishinJiraishin trapped in a thawing block of iceMember Posts: 1,586 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2018
    Lii gives a plate with a volcano cake to Dikeia, a young desert coydog.

Lii gives an acacia plate with venison tartare to Dikeia, a young desert
    coydog.

Lii gives an acacia plate with venison tartare to Dikeia, a young desert
    coydog.

Dikeia, a young desert coydog stares implacably at Lii.

Lii gives an acacia plate with venison tartare to you.

Dikeia, a young desert coydog nods her head at you.
    Dikeia, a young desert coydog drops a plate with a volcano cake.

You say to Lii with a harsh Western accent, "Thank you."

Lii gives a subtle nod.

You say to Lii with a harsh Western accent, "Chocolate cake though? Are you
    trying to poison my dog?"

Lii says in a cool, smoky voice, "No. Wrong plate."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Hm. I see."

Mezghar looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Dikeia, a young desert coydog gobbles down a plate of venison tartare.

Lii says in a cool, smoky voice, "I'd use chocolate ground with grilled burgers
    if I'd intended to."

You stare implacably at Lii.

You say to Lii with a harsh Western accent, "Do that and I will destroy
    everything you hold dear."
    Nobody messes with Jir's coydog >:-(
    With a musical, contented hum, a kindler servitor gently waters a nearby plant
    then lingers momentarily against it.

Like a waterfall, rain pours down around you, soaking you thoroughly.

You say to a kindler servitor with a harsh Western accent, "Why are you
    watering plants while it is raining."

Farrah says quietly to you, "Don't ruin his life's purpsoe."

You say to Farrah with a harsh Western accent, "But it's -raining-."

Farrah pats a kindler servitor in a friendly manner.

It is raining heavily, pregnant drops of water pouring down onto you.

Farrah says to a kindler servitor, "You are doing great."

You shrug helplessly.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Far be it from me to instruct the
    Dawnlord's servitors. Even when they are clearly inefficient in their methods."

Jiraishin said:
    With a musical, contented hum, a kindler servitor gently waters a nearby plant
    then lingers momentarily against it.

You say to a kindler servitor with a harsh Western accent, "Why are you
    watering plants while it is raining."

Farrah says quietly to you, "Don't ruin his life's purpsoe."

You say to Farrah with a harsh Western accent, "But it's -raining-."

Farrah pats a kindler servitor in a friendly manner.

It is raining heavily, pregnant drops of water pouring down onto you.

Farrah says to a kindler servitor, "You are doing great."

You shrug helplessly.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Far be it from me to instruct the
    Dawnlord's servitors. Even when they are clearly inefficient in their methods."

He's doing his best

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • YgiaYgia Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 14

Herev casts a menacing gaze at Iloisee before flinging the falcon-shaped strawberry at her forehead. He mutters something that sounds like 'falcon slay Iloisee' under his breath.

Ygia wipes silver-flecked water from the edge of a dewy, wing-backed scimitar before tucking it into her scabbard.

Lii creases her brow in a frown.

Lii says helpfully to you in a cool, smoky voice, "The Eminence is there."

Lii points accusingly at Herev.

You look sceptical and say to Lii with an archaic, Eastern accent, "I'm not about to use the Eminence as a scabbard."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "...The blood would rust my blades."

--

You conjure up your illusion:

One of the snakes within Herev's cup begins to slither and coil around the rim, a small strawberry-lace tongue darting out in a silent hiss.

Herev screams and throws his cup of fruit across the room.

ValariaTorinnJinos
    Herev says in a quiet, passionate voice, "Riverwall Sniper. I have, just this month, doused myself in oil and touched the Lord's Flame."

Herev says in a quiet, passionate voice, "And yet, this burn exceeds that burn,."
    Jiraishin's comebacks: just as sharp as his arrows and not stopped by timewell

edited January 23

Micaelis's Newspost: Then there is Darkness. Then there is Hashan. You are the training grounds upon which we test our children. You are a myth, a passing of a shadow. An illusion of purpose and resolve never to be realized nor understood. You speak of Shadows as if you understand, but the only Shadows that laud over Hashan are its histories of miserable failures.

Edit: I am happy in the direction Hashan is taking, and yes, I used to be Hashani! Just make sure you send a message with your progress instead of a newspost! Always better that way :). Good job with the tanks, too. It's a good showing that you guys marshaled together some forces... just be sure to not lean on retal raids too much, since they're really slow and kind of annoying for both sides if there's no defense party. 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
    Torinn
  • MicaelisMicaelis Member Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Have to give them something to rally behind and be angry about, even if you sound like a patronizing douche within the final product. :) Would like to see Hashan flourish and continue their upward trend, only serves to improve the overall quality of the game itself. Props to Sobriquet. 
    TorinnSobriquetRangorAilea
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,264 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I was really pleased with @Micaelis response, perfectly worded and not just  " Hashan sucks, we've done 10 tanks a day for a month". I know we don't have the combat might of other cities but really pleased we are doing -something- offensive lately even if it's not ground breaking. I just hope it doesn't turn into a 6hr long guard killing spree and demoralise everyone. 

I'm trusting a little here in an appropriate response, I'm aware, but always good to get people engaged. 
    MicaelisRangorAilea
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,229 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sobriquet said:
    I was really pleased with @Micaelis response, perfectly worded and not just  " Hashan sucks, we've done 10 tanks a day for a month". I know we don't have the combat might of other cities but really pleased we are doing -something- offensive lately even if it's not ground breaking. I just hope it doesn't turn into a 6hr long guard killing spree and demoralise everyone. 

I'm trusting a little here in an appropriate response, I'm aware, but always good to get people engaged. 
    I'll see you tonight, sweetheart :)
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,264 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sorry dear, washing my hair tonight xxx

Austere
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,147 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Washing your hair... IN THE BLOOD OF THY ENEMIES.
    Rangor
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,712 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    Thy enemies, pfff. Abusing "ye olden Englishe". What are you, old Pentharian?

CaelanJonathinHalos
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,454 @ - Epic Achaean
    Trey said:
    Tahquil said:
    Thy enemies, pfff. Abusing "ye olden Englishe". What are you, old Pentharian?
    LOL.. This made me fall out of my chair laughing.

Trey
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Love Mhaldorian Culture: 
    "Vierce tells you in Mhaldorian, "Repeatedly fist myself often brain nienrious."
     The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
    Caelan
    (Clan): Itkovian says, "Glad your coydog did not play a role in Babe."

(Clan): Itkovian says, ""that'll do, pig, that'll-" *coydog leaps in and
    rips piglet apart*."
    I'd watch that movie.