Memorable quotes

Comments

• Klendathu said:
    So what you're saying is that to woo a Mhaldorian, you give them head?
    They show their attraction by raiding you from the back gates.

• edited April 2019
    Klendathu said:
    So what you're saying is that to woo a Mhaldorian, you give them head?
    He's giving her my head. Can't deny the simple fact that it must be better.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Cooper said:
    (Party): Tasus says, "Balkin will likely be in Water, he should be focused."
    (Party): You say, "Yes, I heard Balkin is weak to thunder attacks."

sorrynotsorry
    Can't even lie, dude.  I lulz'd

• Cooper said:
    (Party): Tasus says, "Balkin will likely be in Water, he should be focused."
    (Party): You say, "Yes, I heard Balkin is weak to thunder attacks."

sorrynotsorry
    He didn’t stop there, though! He was on fire  =)
  • The soul of Asmodron says with a hollow Arcadian accent, "Try to get a more interesting job."

Nice.

• edited April 2019
    Dunn said:

The soul of Asmodron says with a hollow Arcadian accent, "Try to get a more interesting job."

Nice.

That's the second time you've randomly appeared somewhere to place all form of room hindrance and blocks that you can think of just to annoy. You have more than enough influence to gather a group to try an obstacle. Rather than do so...you're just trying to be a nuisance. So yes....your job is definitely annoying and not that interesting.

Edit: If you put that much energy into the event, Ashtan may have some fragments. :/
  • edited April 2019
    Just because Ashtani guards/guardians aren't holding fragments does not mean we don't have any.

And you're literally open PK going for the golem. What do you expect? The first time you were going after Maim when she had a shard... that's two reasons for me to PK you and hinder you.

I also did bring the group that I had available to that encounter so what are you even blathering about?

• Dunn said:
    Just because Ashtani guards/guardians aren't holding fragments does not mean we don't have any.

And you're literally open PK going for the golem. What do you expect? The first time you were going after Maim when she had a shard... that's two reasons for me to PK you and hinder you.

I also did bring the group that I had available to that encounter so what are you even blathering about?
    I'm "blathering" about your repeated attempts to simply come in, cause a ruckus, then leave, having achieved nothing but to annoy. You're not even going after the fragment...just messing with people for the sake of it then laughing at them. You even add insult to injury by using the legendary card that stuns a soul...for no actual tactical reason...just to spite.

Take Farrah for instance. She went out of her way to steal the fragment, which we respect. She had purpose to her actions that play into the gameplay. Yourself? Putting icy floor, ice walls, etc and getting kills for the sake for it? Ok...

If your group was even attempting to take the kill, it is understandable, but you're not even trying. You just wanna taunt. Thus my comment.

Also no...someone holding  fragment is open pk....attacking the golem is not open pk..., which wasnt the point beind addressed anyway.
  • I mean clearly that comment got to you for some reason. That may be the second fragment holder you personally have sabotaged, but your group has been focusing purely on that. :p 

Not very engaging
  • As per makdaddy:

You'll notice some strange happenings have just occurred. Many of the details you'll need to establish in character, but as a quick rules clarification: holding one of the fragments makes you OPEN PK. Players attempting to obtain a fragment directly (i.e. killing a denizen holding said fragment) can be attacked by a group or individual also trying to claim that fragment. Do not go after people or groups on this basis unless you have the intent to claim said fragment or assist another party with claiming said fragment.

So as long as you make an attempt to grab the fragment, others trying to get it are also open PK, but if intention is only to gank and leave it is murky grey area, I presume it is that way to entice back and forths rather than AoE jumps on powerful mobs with minimal risk, but that’s only my interpretation.
  • Hmm interesting. Like I said though the pk rules was definitely not the point.

Not sure why he took that comment so personally as to isolate it, bring it out of context, and post it to "memorable quotes" , but meh.
  • edited April 2019
    Moved to rants (The Less Aggressive Menace) in an attempt to place this conversation to where it belongs. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Mizik says, "Nothing but god damned shadows."

Penwize says, "Seems pretty shady."

• Numira said:

"Hail. Can you hold the city's fragments for a while?"

"Uhhhhhhh... I guess?"

"Does that mean you are not sure?"

"It means I can, but I'm not particularly qualified."

"Is your soul's connection to the realms strong, and can you stand still in this room without being radianced to death for long periods?" "Those are the only qualifications you need."

literally 4.357 minutes later:

<frantic running away>

(Targossas): You say, “Help”

(Targossas): You say, "Syndra."

Radiant shafts of light burst into your vision, their beauty capturing your mind for an instant

before your entire body begins to burn with agonizing pain. You shriek as flames consume you from

within, your entire body reduced to ashes by the radiance of Syndra.

You have been slain by Syndra.

<insert "A shattered stone fragment falls out of your inventory." spam here>

Conclusions:

1. I am, in fact, not qualified.

2. last time I get trusted with important things ever.

3. SOOOOOOORRRRY!
    Don't feel too bad. That's just part of the game. Get the text for radiance symptoms and make them highlight big and nasty, and find out what class skills you have that can keep track of likely assailants (like Angel Trace and Angel Presences for priests).
  • They also recently added a color setting for lethal attacks.
  • Numira said:

"Hail. Can you hold the city's fragments for a while?"

"Uhhhhhhh... I guess?"

"Does that mean you are not sure?"

"It means I can, but I'm not particularly qualified."

"Is your soul's connection to the realms strong, and can you stand still in this room without being radianced to death for long periods?" "Those are the only qualifications you need."

literally 4.357 minutes later:

<frantic running away>

(Targossas): You say, “Help”

(Targossas): You say, "Syndra."

Radiant shafts of light burst into your vision, their beauty capturing your mind for an instant

before your entire body begins to burn with agonizing pain. You shriek as flames consume you from

within, your entire body reduced to ashes by the radiance of Syndra.

You have been slain by Syndra.

<insert "A shattered stone fragment falls out of your inventory." spam here>

Conclusions:

1. I am, in fact, not qualified.

2. last time I get trusted with important things ever.

3. SOOOOOOORRRRY!
    Everyone has to learn, and mistakes are the way we do that, don't be sorry, be happy you had the chance to learn and grow! Also asking Syndra for help over Targossian CT probably won't do much :P.
  • Don’t worry guys, I don’t beat myself up over video games lol. And I got the warnings from Svo, I just screwed up the running away part. 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited April 2019
    Numira said
    Don’t worry guys, I don’t beat myself up over video games lol. And I got the warnings from Svo, I just screwed up the running away part. 
    Honestly not your fault, you shouldn't have gotten the fragments to begin with, the senior city members should show better judgment than to thrust such a large responsibility onto you with little training.  
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Farrah said:
    Achilles said:
    Numira said
    Don’t worry guys, I don’t beat myself up over video games lol. And I got the warnings from Svo, I just screwed up the running away part. 
    Honestly not your fault, you shouldn't have gotten the fragments to begin with, the senior city members should show better judgment than to thrust such a large responsibility.  

I think you mean, "Shit happens. Fragments aren't a big deal and we'll get them back!" Any Targossian can hold fragments. My policy has been they are meant to be used. I've lost 32 of them already bashing and pking. I know she wasn't doing that, but losing them is really not a big deal. There aren't always senior members to hold them, and younger people stepping up is good.
    I expect to lose them but would expect a much more complicated plan of carefully coordinated action, instead our MoS just handed it to a relative novice who didnt know what isolation or how to avoid radiance.  Also there was a bunch of senior members around gauging by how the CT went off when Numira died.

Really having to die 30+ times to try to get 1 fragment off Mhaldorus and versus radiancing a new player hardly compares.
  • Achilles said:
    Farrah said:
    Achilles said:
    Numira said
    Honestly not your fault, you shouldn't have gotten the fragments to begin with, the senior city members should show better judgment than to thrust such a large responsibility.  

I think you mean, "Shit happens. Fragments aren't a big deal and we'll get them back!" Any Targossian can hold fragments. My policy has been they are meant to be used. I've lost 32 of them already bashing and pking. I know she wasn't doing that, but losing them is really not a big deal. There aren't always senior members to hold them, and younger people stepping up is good.
    I expect to lose them but would expect a much more complicated plan of carefully coordinated action, instead our MoS just handed it to a relative novice who didnt know what isolation or how to avoid radiance.  Also there was a bunch of senior members around gauging by how the CT went off when Numira died.

Really having to die 30+ times to try to get 1 fragment off Mhaldorus and versus radiancing a new player hardly compares.
    Take it to rants, or better yet off the forums. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited April 2019
    Achilles said:
    Farrah said:
    Achilles said:
    Numira said

I wasn't comparing it to Mhaldorus. I was comparing it to me losing them bashing and pking. I am not a proponent of guardian-hoarding (which, thank god, is no longer possible). Hoarding them does nothing. This isn't a conversation for forums, though. People aren't expected to spend all their time logged in doing nothing but holding fragments. And NOT uber protecting them for paranoidal reasons makes things a lot more fun.

Edit: We have them back now. It took about 5 min. You can be happy again.

•  Yippee 
  • I really like the forums because I can't be in the game as often as I'd like. I often wish there wasn't such an issue with posting interesting things on them.

• Page 777 of quotes.. so much content to satisfy my nostalgia while I cannot be inrealms.