Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Memorable quotes

1764765766767768770»

Comments

• JiraishinJiraishin trapped in a thawing block of iceMember Posts: 1,493 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 30
    You are holding:
          quiver195382        a mountaineer's quiver

One item was shown.

This quiver has been crafted out of necessity from an expert mountaineer. The
    body is made from the tanned hide of rabbit and deer found in the Actar valley.
    Feathers of the Vashnarian Condor line the top of the quiver, facing downward,
    towards the end. This creates a smooth gradient down the quiver, exposing more
    raw hide with greater distance from the opening. Finely woven tendons have been
    used as the string by which the different patchy hides have been pieced
    together. A strap of fine wool pads the wearers shoulder holding the quiver
    easily and comfortably. The tip of the quiver is protected with fine silver,
    mined from deep inside the mountains. A simple etching of a falcon holding a
    runeblade has been carved into the silver cap.
    This item may receive emblazon.
    It has 60 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 14 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Instructor Phineus, Warden of Knowledge (a
    denizen).
    Things get -intense- up in the mountains near Cyrene.
    more like in tents, amirite?

Urok
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,392 @ - Epic Achaean
    That looks cool but like.. if it was fashioned out of necessity..  you're dying in the wilderness but desperately need a quiver.. so you make this sweet patchwork of hides, but then decide to just sit around melting and forming silver that you mined deep in the mountains (nevermind that you wasted time digging/exploring a mine and then mined the silver)...and then finished it with a flourish of etchwork? 

I wish my most dire moments granted me that kind of time.  That's one artsy mountaneer, clinging to life. 

(I mostly kid, ask anyone, I describe things like I'm describing it to a 2 year old)

AstarodHalosFinchy
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Caelan said:
    That looks cool but like.. if it was fashioned out of necessity..  you're dying in the wilderness but desperately need a quiver.. so you make this sweet patchwork of hides, but then decide to just sit around melting and forming silver that you mined deep in the mountains (nevermind that you wasted time digging/exploring a mine and then mined the silver)...and then finished it with a flourish of etchwork? 

I wish my most dire moments granted me that kind of time.  That's one artsy mountaneer, clinging to life. 

(I mostly kid, ask anyone, I describe things like I'm describing it to a 2 year old)
    Man, he was really feeling it. Have you ever read Into the Wild? Calories are hard to get if you're not an experienced mountaineer. However, we are playing by achaean logic. He could have rested at 50 health, but be at logosian. He never had to eat, drink, or sleep as he intricately carved the silver he singlehandedly found and mined at this point of desperation. 
     The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
    Finchy
  • JiraishinJiraishin trapped in a thawing block of iceMember Posts: 1,493 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Donner party quiver.
    (The Players Club): Lii says, "You are going to be losing something."

(The Players Club): Lii says, "It's called your lower acorns."

(The Players Club): Icraa says, "Luckily i got balls of steel, ball-ba-ba-ball of steel (for those who remember that one)."

(The Players Club): Lii says, "Good. I'll smelt them."

(The Players Club): You say, "Not enough material to smelt."

(The Players Club): You say, "Needs to be size 2 or greater."
    FinchyIlira
  • FinchyFinchy Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Get off vent or I'll have Icraa bent.

• MilabarMilabar Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Man I left that clan at right time I swear
    Sobriquet
    edited February 1
    Skye said:
    Desire made manifest has brought Jiraishin to a satisfying finish.

Awkward.

Then @Ygia went to visit Eros...
    (Targossas): Ygia laughingly says, "He seemed quite tired by my approach,
    speaking "Another so soon?"."
    Jir is so good he tired out the manifestation of Desire. Ladies take note.
    Made some throwaway market comment about needing reassurance in regards to a worldmessage about a crusade starting up which was new to me. I was just trying to be funny and failing as usual, a few moments later:

Nice warm fuzzy feelings said:
    Andraste says, "If you can dream it, you can do it. Don't give up!
    Perserverence is the key to success."

Descending in a graceful arc, a woodland kestrel pecks at its binding and drops a letter into your
    hands before winging away in a flurry of dun-hued colour.

Though I don't know you, I'm certain you are doing great. Seek out those
    that care about you and that you care about, and always chase your
    bliss.

You keep doing you and never doubt yourself. I'm certain you can do
    whatever you set your mind to.

And other generic cliches...

Enjoy this croissant.

Regards.

This letter is made of the finest quality paper, and is rolled into a cylinder, with a red ribbon to
    keep it from unfurling.
    It has 10 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 1 ounce(s).
    An elegant white letter is holding:
    "croissant137004"                       a chocolate croissant
    It contains a total of 1 items of a max of 5.

You take a chocolate croissant from an elegant white letter.

You eat a chocolate croissant with gusto.
    You're good people. 

MathildaYsabelASiduriIlira
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,274 @ - Epic Achaean
  • WicellaWicella Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Kraetos Van Helsing exclaims to Kotyonok in a low and guttural voice, "Diseases! Plague!
    Death! All by not covering your mouth when you sneeze!"
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,760 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That's not an ooc reference to the game even a little bit. 

Urok
  • UrokUrok Member Posts: 11
    Cooper said:
    The person named after the god of war character making an ooc reference? never...
    edited February 10
    Urok said:
    Cooper said:
    The person named after the god of war character making an ooc reference? never...
    Let's conveniently disregard the fact that like half of the Divine, and even more NPCs have OOC references to them. Definitely have to point out every single time someone makes an OOC reference in-game, though.

• EvanstonEvanston Member Posts: 6
    Nolan, the ferryman says,  "No, we can't have a relationship again Phelia."

Not sure what boat I stepped into!
    YsabelANyneveJahrak
    Pyori said:
    Urok said:
    Cooper said:
    Let's conveniently disregard the fact that like half of the Divine, and even more NPCs have OOC references to them. Definitely have to point out every single time someone makes an OOC reference in-game, though.
    Since this person kept arguing that basing their character on Kratos from God of War was as valid rp-wise as an original character, and not immersion-breaking... It might be worth noting.
    edited February 11
    Jiraishin said:
    Since this person kept arguing that basing their character on Kratos from God of War was as valid rp-wise as an original character, and not immersion-breaking... It might be worth noting.
    Super original concepts. Not even gonna go through the rest.

If I ever hear a God quoting a video game ICly, I am 100 percent putting it on this thread.
    You haven't lived until you've heard Sartan and Pentharian 1:1 reenact the "What is a man?" speech from Castlevania.

JiraishinTrillianaUrokMelodie

Aralaya
  • MindshellMindshell Member Posts: 279 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    She hasn't bashed enough to figure out olive branch doesn't work on denizens yet. Best talisman? That's not a death cape.
Sign In to Comment.