The Mhaldor Thread.

Comments

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013
    Blackwind, and I'd assume astral form works fine for exploring too. You won't get it all that way though. Sewers were out of bounds to non citizens before the martial law was in place, and there are locked areas. But then househalls and such are explorable areas, and you won't get all those unless you're very sneaky.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    I don't think he was serpent but that was so funny. Lol.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Hurrah for lifting martial law. Pity I still can't visit the shops there... but for those who can I'm sure it's nice
  • Martial law gave me more reasons to yell at people. RIP martial law.
  • Oh, they lifted martial law?

There goes any hope I had of finding vitality refills.
  • @Ruth work him overtime, we need vitality refills available at all times!

• Ruth said:
    It was disconcerting for citizens when we finally lifted martial law in North K- I mean, Mhaldor. Poor @Kaevan though, whom I will nag at to break his back to keep the shop stocked enough!

All hail Great Leader Kim Xeno-il.

• So, anyone not enemied can shop there now?  Cyrenians lured in by cheap slave-labor goods and lycopod salad won't be slaughtered?  Or... not?
  • Mhaldor/Cyrene mutual ban :(
  • Ah, no biggie - back in the day you certainly could, but I've no problem with us continuing to be true enemies.  
  • The commas...the commas...
  • XerXer Langley
    @Herenicus I'm glad to say that's changed somewhat since then, at least from what I've observed :D - Moar sailing soon @Ruth? When I'm not busy doing my gazillion other duties? <.<
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • @Achilles that's what we dress the badly behaved slaves in. It's called 'torture via public humiliation'

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    do you guys make them play dodgeball (with decapitated heads of course)?
    Herenicus said:
    Hey, everybody! Just wanted to add that, in my experience, the small population and militant playerbase made enjoyment difficult for those who didn't get their kicks raiding or being raided. I recall a time when it was considered treason to roleplay an interest in sailing or exploration. Anything that diminished the size of a potential raiding crew was sniffed at as being wrong. This contributed to a dumbing-down and dwindling of an already-small playerbase.
    That does sound bad, although I don't really see that these days. I also think that our culture ministry is more active than our war ministry. We do get lots of action still.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• edited January 2013
    @Herenicus Things are changing loads for the better. There are lots of us working hard to expand Mhaldor's cultural sense of self away from pure combat. I've said this so many times before, but Mhaldor fades whenever the 'combat-is-the-only-thing-that-matters' ethos becomes dominant. You should come back mate, we could do with a splash of old-school class. Though I imagine your having to much fun with the art crowed these days. :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
    Mhaldor having a small player base and being militant aren't really the issues I can see with the city right now. I would elaborate more but Mhaldorians are required to sign a NDA about our problems and I actually live in Asia where most of us are and I fear for my family's life. D:
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• edited January 2013
    Lodi said:
    @Herenicus Things are changing loads for the better. There are lots of us working hard to expand Mhaldor's cultural sense of self away from pure combat. I've said this so many times before, but Mhaldor fades whenever the 'combat-is-the-only-thing-that-matters' ethos becomes dominant. You should come back mate, we could do with a splash of old-school class. Though I imagine your having to much fun with the art crowed these days. :)
    It's really not about combat vs. art vs. bashers vs. whatever.

It's about singular mindsets. I came up in the Naga when the only mindset was pking/raiding.

It had its problems, and so will the current mindset if the trend continues past equity.

There need to be opportunities and paths for advancement which allow players to focus on the facets of achaean life that they enjoy, not the ones that are embraced by the current leadership.

That has been the biggest problem I think in a historical sense with regards to Mhaldor, not one specific type of path.

I think the true problem is that attitude that surfaces in a cyclical sense whereby one group feels disenfranchised, they work their ass off to get power/institute the changes they feel will help, then in doing so they focus so much on their own path/way of life that they in turn disenfranchise those they felt oppressed them in the first place.

It's like a series of military coups over and over.

There really needs to be a distinct path in every house that allows for linear advancement based on whatever the person chooses to do, and there needs to be representation at the top level (council of a city) from each walk of life/path.
  • edited January 2013
    @Halios Totally agree. I'm guessing I didn't make myself clear enough with my previous post, but what you just wrote was exactly what I was trying to get at. :) 
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • I just like being involved in everything that isn't excessive paperwork.
  • While late, you guys didn't lift martial law.

You lifted marital law.

Kaevan, <3 your typos
  • I like defending from exterminations. Plz raise more exterm bots.
  • Lodi said:
    @Halios Totally agree. I'm guessing I didn't make myself clear enough with my previous post, but what you just wrote was exactly what I was trying to get at. :) 
    Yea I figured you were approaching a sense of moderation but it's just a psychological trick where sometimes when you present a dynamic that exists between a past over-representation of say, A, then the goal, of say, B, it's easy for a reader to disparage A and over-correct in a sense towards B.

Might have been redundant in a sense, but I think it's really needed to drive the point home that singular mentality = bad, all-inclusiveness = good.