New Class

Comments

•       
  • Im waiting for the statistics and calculations to be posted about the defensive and offensive buffs to the class.

Such as the increased crit, defense buff and augmentations in terminus. That should give is a clearer picture of where the class stands
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Asmodron said:
    Im waiting for the statistics and calculations to be posted about the defensive and offensive buffs to the class.

Such as the increased crit, defense buff and augmentations in terminus. That should give is a clearer picture of where the class stands
    http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/165/miscellaneous-maths-testing-ii#latest

Some of that posted already

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I'm working on the crit bonus now, I think all the other bashing stuff in Terminus is done. There's still the utility/defensive stuff in the other skills to consider though, for example I'm not sure yet how useful rewind or the reflections and such will be for bashing.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Nevren said:
    They're there if you probe the scythe.
    Das new.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Could someone please PM me the battlerage stuff for my tracker?

Ability names, costs, cooldowns and triggers. I'l get them added ASAP

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Klendathu said:
    Could someone please PM me the battlerage stuff for my tracker?

Ability names, costs, cooldowns and triggers. I'l get them added ASAP

I gotchu.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited November 2016
    Can't use Rewind while prone.

@Makarios pls, even for like, double balance/age cost

Edit: Okay maybe not double >.>

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Calyn said:
    Hashan doesn't deserve a factional identity after the way they handled the Coalition.

Sorry.
    You're always so mad at Hashan since leaving. Don't blame all of us for the unilateral decision of an ex-Seneschal who went dormant immediately upon making it
  • theoretical lengthiest attack for depthwalkers "Stand, mount, contemplate target, wield dagger, attune, wield scythe, wipe scythe, instill, chrono loop, reap, preemt."

is there more commands for each attack than are available in queueing?
  • Can't preempt off balance from a reap, it looks like.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Questions re depthstrider battlerage:

Shieldbreaking rage ability is level 4 where as it's level 3 for all other classes. Is this intentional?

Of the three damage causing rage abilities (drain / lash / erasure), are any of them conditionl on the target having other afflictions?

@Makarios

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Can't preempt while off scythe balance, sadly.
  • @makarios as Hashan is now becoming more of a world-player (latest events definitely show them being more actively involved as a unit), is there any thoughts on granting them a factional class?

I can understand to an extent why Cyrene doesn't have one, they have no actively unified direction or God who seemingly perpetuates their neutrality.

Hashan has Twilight, the idea and concept of Darkness, as well as a seemingly unified direction, as citizens followed the decrees set out by the Seneschal, or left the city.

Depthswalker definitely has the feel of a factional class, and by that I mean unique abilities, paired with some shared abilities, with an overarching requirement to utilise Shadows as their form of power.
  • Opinions might have changed since, but last I remember the question coming up, there weren't really any plans to do more factional classes on the grounds that it by design locks out a large percentage (even a large majority) of the playerbase.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I'm just shooting from the hip here, but I'd put money on Hashan never getting a factional class because factional classes just don't make a lot of sense.

First, it's all the work of designing a class, but it will only be used by a very small percentage of the playerbase. Specifically, Hashanites who like the class and that can afford to pick up a new class and who aren't concerned with losing lessons if they move. This is such a small segment that it just isn't an effective use of resources. 

Second, it's much harder to balance a class like that via classleads. A faction-neutral class can be used by everybody and thusly everybody has an interest in keeping it balanced. They need to keep it good(because their side uses it) while also keeping it from being overpowered(because their enemies also use it). This has been a huge problem in both Aetolia and Imperian, where the majority of the classes are factional. Classleads there have taken on a very adversarial tone because there is no shared interest in keeping classes balanced. When you make your classes overpowered, your faction rises while the others fall. When you gut their classes, you strengthen your own side. 

I am about 99.6% sure that Hashan will never get a factional class, but if I am wrong and it does get one someday I would expect it to be a knight variant. Only one new skill to design, on a chassis whose capabilities are well known, and the skillset would be utility and secondary offense only. 
  • Sarathai said:
    Opinions might have changed since, but last I remember the question coming up, there weren't really any plans to do more factional classes on the grounds that it by design locks out a large percentage (even a large majority) of the playerbase.
    Hmm, I remember that as well now you mention. So essentially "Tough luck" on not being a main faction.
  • Nazihk said:
    I am about 99.6% sure that Hashan will never get a factional class, but if I am wrong and it does get one someday I would expect it to be a knight variant. Only one new skill to design, on a chassis whose capabilities are well known, and the skillset would be utility and secondary offense only. 
    And one more class that you have to factor in when discussing changes for Weaponmastery and Chivalry. It's bad enough with the current three, adding another one into the mix will just make it worse. If you think that Knight makes for an easy/easier factional class you're mistaken.
  • It seems daggers can be sheathed, but not scythes. Any chance they could be put in baldrics?
  • So... Depthswalker doesn't seem it is intended to be a damage class per say, but the scythe artie is damage. Was this intended just to be a bashing artie, or is damage killing supposed to be a primary kill method?

The instakills are mana-kill and affliciton-based, but the artie is damage. It's just got me wondering.

• I thought it did have a damage kill path that is affliction-based?
  • It has a damage route. You also need decent damage to progress towards the mana kill, since that forces the choice about what to sip rather than them just sipping mana constantly.
  • A lot of good points made on all sides but there's still this:
    Cyrene doesn't get involved in intercity conflicts, so they don't care much. But when you have four other cities that actively raid you, and all of them have super special classes with super special and usually unique powers while you have the standard set of classes?

Now like I said, from a factionless no-dog-in-the-race perspective, this may not be the game's biggest issue but it is an issue. If they're not getting their own exclusive cool class, then give them -something- that's unique to them.

No. No it's not an issue. It's -really- not.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Korben said:
    A lot of good points made on all sides but there's still this:
    Cyrene doesn't get involved in intercity conflicts, so they don't care much. But when you have four other cities that actively raid you, and all of them have super special classes with super special and usually unique powers while you have the standard set of classes?

Now like I said, from a factionless no-dog-in-the-race perspective, this may not be the game's biggest issue but it is an issue. If they're not getting their own exclusive cool class, then give them -something- that's unique to them.

Having watched a good bit of the skirmishing over the past month and fought alongside Hashan before leaving, you don't need the factional classes to be an effective force in the world. Aegoth kills a bunch of people as Mage, which everyone can have. I don't recall Jhui or Dunn using Occie in the past month, they used Serpent/Runie/BM/Monk. Hashan routinely kicked ass without faction classes when they worked together.

You need a unified purpose and people willing to work together and get better. Everything else is a luxury and with the changes to skills and Depthwalker, everybody's getting access to Beckon and other previously faction-only things.

This isn't the right thread to continue this, but I'm going to end by saying that Hashan should be looking at ways to improve what they already have and build a stronger foundation before asking for admin assistance. Having sole ownership of a class/skill means nothing if the faction itself has no foundation.
  • Could just add a small bonus or flavor to Depthswalker if you are Hashani. That way you wont be cutting the class out for all the playerbase while at the same time making it unique as Hashan's class.
    @Asmodron You really -do- just want to see the world burn, don't you?

Let the rioting commence.
    Huh. Neat.