New Class

Comments

• Unfortunately the balance costs mean it's not possible to use BANISH/MANIFEST as a replacement for SHEATHE/DRAW. Also, is there a particular reason manifest uses equilibrium but banish is balance?

If we're doing quality of life stuff, any chance of a line to show capacity on PHYLACTERY LIST? I have no idea how many shadows mine can hold.

• Antonius said:

Unfortunately the balance costs mean it's not possible to use BANISH/MANIFEST as a replacement for SHEATHE/DRAW. Also, is there a particular reason manifest uses equilibrium but banish is balance?

If we're doing quality of life stuff, any chance of a line to show capacity on PHYLACTERY LIST? I have no idea how many shadows mine can hold.

Banish will take eq now as well to be line with manifest.

PHYLACTERY LIST output shows total capacity and such now.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    @Makarios I know it probably not the proper place and such (and I did submit a bug)  but any idea on the bug that's keeping me from regaining intone balance? I want to continue playing with the shiny new toy T_T

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• The Depthswalker class is very interesting and fun to try out. Actually enjoyed RP for once with Anzari!

There is one issue with an ability in Shadowmancy I think needs to be looked at and maybe adjusted? CLOAK in Shadowmancy has a high mana cost to summon a shadow cloak. When I SHADOW CLOAK'ed my own nifty cloak, the ability literally one-shotted my -entire- mana pool to nothing... I winced at the hit this ability did to my mana pool. I had almost 2500 mana before I summoned my shadow cloak. I am not a high level adventurer (just hit my 50s the other night), but this ability definitely nuked the whole mana pool.

Another individual said to me while we were learning from Kosuira last night that his mana pool was completely nuked when he summoned his shadow cloak. So I know I wasn't the only one with this issue. I would have thought maybe this ability would use at least 500-1000 mana points (probably less) as a reasonable amount to use for summoning a 30-month cloak.

Other than that, I haven't fully explored Aeonics and Terminus yet. I'm getting close to transing Terminus with Aeonics last.

Great job on Terminus. I never thought I would enjoy exploring the different trees and learning the abilities that go with these trees.

Now, can we have a playable Tsol'teth race please?    B)
  • I don't think it's terrible, considering the cloak persists for.. I'm not sure, but a long time. I'm still wearing the first one I made.
  • Yet, when we summon 30-month scythes and daggers, they don't use 100% of our mana to summon them.

Alchemists didn't get their mana nuked when they summoned their sets of alchemical robes.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    One mana nuke every real-life month is so trivial.

Literally 10 seconds of mana sips & moss/potash out of your day.
  • Anzari said:
    Yet, when we summon 30-month scythes and daggers, they don't use 100% of our mana to summon them.

Alchemists didn't get their mana nuked when they summoned their sets of alchemical robes.
    Good point.

Mak, make shadow manifest cost 100% mana, please.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Armali said:
    Anzari said:
    Yet, when we summon 30-month scythes and daggers, they don't use 100% of our mana to summon them.

Good point.

Mak, make shadow manifest cost 100% mana, please.
    How about no.
    Huh. Neat.
  • How about we meet in the middle? None of the above abilities cost mana, but they do get the EQ cost that an Occultist gets when they summon all of their entities simultaneously.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Or... just don't waste development time changing insignificant mechanics that are a minor nuisance at worst and that have zero impact on class balance.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Irrelevant, really. If you feel that it's an imbalance that needs correcting, I imagine we'll have classleads opening up before long. You can submit your case when they do!

• Shirszae said:
    @Makarios I know it probably not the proper place and such (and I did submit a bug)  but any idea on the bug that's keeping me from regaining intone balance? I want to continue playing with the shiny new toy T_T

I thought I fixed this? Are you still having problems? Message me with specifics!

Makarios said:
    Shirszae said:

I thought I fixed this? Are you still having problems? Message me with specifics!

You are the best <3

• @Makarios: Not sure if it's been mentioned, but AB BATTLERAGE ERASURE doesn't have its amnesia/weakness aff requirement line.

• edited November 2016
    Melodie said:
    Y'all remember when Apostates had to summon baalzadeens and use 100% mana to do so, every single time they logged in, died, etc?

I member.

• @Makarios is it possible to let SHADOW STEP be continent-wide for mutual allies? Holding shadows of allies when the most a (artied) phylactery can hold is 15 doesn't look really appealing :(
  • Oh shadow step isn't continent wide? I thought it was just a strictly better wayfare. Yay.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited November 2016
    Aegoth said:
    @Makarios is it possible to let SHADOW STEP be continent-wide for mutual allies? Holding shadows of allies when the most a (artied) phylactery can hold is 15 doesn't look really appealing :(
    You cry about op and  then  you want more??? birch please just shadow portal

• Pretty sure it's not asking for much!
    Aegoth said:
    @Makarios is it possible to let SHADOW STEP be continent-wide for mutual allies? Holding shadows of allies when the most a (artied) phylactery can hold is 15 doesn't look really appealing :(
    It is continent-wide. I've gone from Delos to Cyrene to Eleusis with it. Unless you mean something else? Not that I'd complain, mind you.

• Heya, just reading through while trying out the class (it had me at scythes, but the aeonics and terminus stuff are so cool as well).

I was wondering if maybe a "shadow home" ability might be something cool for those who want Hashan to get some special ability?
    It'd be a channelled teleport direct to Hashan, maybe with some flavour about being able to find the familiar/powers shadows of the city, might not be the most useful thing as recall seems to take me back to Minia consistently which is pretty close, but might be a nice little utility. You might be able to use other abilities to get there, but this would lift the need for a target and could ignore monos on the other end, monos in your room would still prevent it though.
  • Shirszae said:
    Aegoth said:
    It is continent-wide. I've gone from Delos to Cyrene to Eleusis with it. Unless you mean something else? Not that I'd complain, mind you.
    It's only continent-wide with someone's shadow. I'm asking that it be default continent-wide if you're mutual allies with someone, because packing your phylactery with citymate's shadows doesn't seem smart, considering the max is 10-15 shadows
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2016
    Just to respond to the cloak/mana complaints.

Make it non-decay.

And @Cerin: not necessary. Shadowydoo class doesn't and shouldn't have direct ties to Hashan and Hashan shouldn't get a special thing just because shadows.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I think you can get up to 20 shadows with Dalem.

Perfectly symmetrical and exactingly placed black pearls line the exterior of this ivory phylactery, swallowing any shadow
    cast across it to leave its gold spiral markings in a pallid hue. The top is windowed, smoky crystal offering blurred visions
    into the depths of the container, where inky black shadows swirl within as though angered by their imprisonment. A dull,
    reflective sheen offers vague reflections that shimmer across the bone, polished from repetitive handling to mark decades of
    obsessive attention by its owner.
    It weighs 4 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Lucianus.
    This phylactery is expanded in power due to the augmentation of Terminus.
    It will reset to you. 

And does Terrin'ukia's Vice only boost the amount of shadows you can hold from 10 to 15? :/

Cause I coulda sworn its helpfile said twice as many shadows.

And I wonder if it stacks with Dalem too. Or if it only gives +5 shadows flat.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Cerin said:
    Heya, just reading through while trying out the class (it had me at scythes, but the aeonics and terminus stuff are so cool as well).

I was wondering if maybe a "shadow home" ability might be something cool for those who want Hashan to get some special ability?
    It'd be a channelled teleport direct to Hashan, maybe with some flavour about being able to find the familiar/powers shadows of the city, might not be the most useful thing as recall seems to take me back to Minia consistently which is pretty close, but might be a nice little utility. You might be able to use other abilities to get there, but this would lift the need for a target and could ignore monos on the other end, monos in your room would still prevent it though.
    There's already a Terminus equivalent. It's called Fulcrum.

• Lucianus said:
    I think you can get up to 20 shadows with Dalem.

Perfectly symmetrical and exactingly placed black pearls line the exterior of this ivory phylactery, swallowing any shadow
    cast across it to leave its gold spiral markings in a pallid hue. The top is windowed, smoky crystal offering blurred visions
    into the depths of the container, where inky black shadows swirl within as though angered by their imprisonment. A dull,
    reflective sheen offers vague reflections that shimmer across the bone, polished from repetitive handling to mark decades of
    obsessive attention by its owner.
    It weighs 4 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Lucianus.
    This phylactery is expanded in power due to the augmentation of Terminus.
    It will reset to you. 

And does Terrin'ukia's Vice only boost the amount of shadows you can hold from 10 to 15? :/

Cause I coulda sworn its helpfile said twice as many shadows.

And I wonder if it stacks with Dalem too. Or if it only gives +5 shadows flat.
    Twice the amount of a normal phylactery, which is 5. The Vice holds 10.

Dalem adds an additional 5 to the base amount, which brings the normal phylactery to 10 and the Vice to 15.
  • Hmm. Is it a typo that when you "INTONE BAHAR <target>", the text reads you saying 'hiemeth' instead?
    Locking the image of Jukilian in your mind's eye, you utter, "Hiemeth".
    The closing syllable of the word is near eclipsed by a deafening clap of thunder and a brilliant flash of light.
    It's the only Terminus word I've seen that uses a different word than the one you type in.