New Class

Comments

• Image result for guilty face

• edited November 2016
    Am I missing something or is the low-level hunting for depthswalker very weak?
  • Asmodron said:
    Could just add a small bonus or flavor to Depthswalker if you are Hashani. That way you wont be cutting the class out for all the playerbase while at the same time making it unique as Hashan's class.
    There's nothing keeping you guys from RP'ing your way to this.
  • Korben said:
    Asmodron said:
    Could just add a small bonus or flavor to Depthswalker if you are Hashani. That way you wont be cutting the class out for all the playerbase while at the same time making it unique as Hashan's class.

Very different from RPing a concept, and an actual mechanic in place that makes it so.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited November 2016
    Asmodron said:
    Korben said:
    Asmodron said:

Very different from RPing a concept, and an actual mechanic in place that makes it so.
    Yeah, the difference is that one is much more accessible, personalizable, and likelier to cause others to form positive opinions of you, while the other requires effort from the coders and puts out everyone else without any real reason for it.
    Huh. Neat.
  • In addition, once you've shown you (as a group) are willing to put in the effort and collectively play out a narrative that gets you to where you want to be, getting the mechanic becomes more likely than if you just ask for it.
  • edited November 2016
    Korben said:
    In addition, once you've shown you (as a group) are willing to put in the effort and collectively play out a narrative that gets you to where you want to be, getting the mechanic becomes more likely than if you just ask for it.
    While I agree with you on the basis of initiative for a change, I dont think that qualifies for what I am suggesting. I am not suggesting an RP basis implying what the shadows the Depthswalkers utilize represent, nor something along the lines of rituals and cultural aspects. I am merely suggesting something along the lines of perhaps summoning a kris, rather than a dagger, or either a select ability you can only use if Hashani, perhaps learnt or bestowed to them by Twilight. It would be very similar to the ideas of old Mice brainwashing only being accessible to CIJ, for example. Though of course, nothing of serious combat impact in this case.

This very much does need a code change, and not simply an RP thing. That was my idea.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    So, what is the point of being able to instill the dagger? I would love to use it as an alternative to the scythe, even if the difference was just flavour, but that doesnt seem to be possible right now, and none of the other attacks you can do with it seem to be affected by it, that I've noticed.

Also, if being able to put the scythe on a baldric or something similar is not an option, could we at least get an option to 'banish' the scythe, or making it disappear until we manifest it again?

@Makarios @Nicola

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    So, what is the point of being able to instill the dagger? I would love to use it as an alternative to the scythe, even if the difference was just flavour, but that doesnt seem to be possible right now, and none of the other attacks you can do with it seem to be affected by it, that I've noticed.
    Mutilate requires the dagger and will apply whatever instillment is on it.
  • I will just say  I LOVE THIS NEW CLASS!!! You guys are awesome!!!
  • Tydas said:
    Shirszae said:
    Mutilate requires the dagger and will apply whatever instillment is on it.
    Waaaaaaaiiiit. I misread it. It says "instill with a venom". Stupid they use the same word 'instill', gives the wrong impression on a skim reading.

So yeah, no idea what the instillment on a dagger does, then. Sorry @Shirszae .
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Based on what AB INSTILL says, the shadow weapons can carry both an instill and a venom simultaneously, then deliver both together?

So dagger Mutilate can deliver an instill+venom, and dagger Consume can deliver an instill, maybe?
  • edited November 2016
    Consume does not deliver venoms; Consume is Depthswalker's version of Sap. Mutilate only delivers a venom.
  • Farrah said:
    Hashan has Occultist so the issue is exaggerated, anyway. Against any other city they fight, they are on the exact same playing field as Ashtan, group-combat-class-access-wise.

Identity-wise, sure, it's cool to have your class, but not really necessary.
    Unless they fight Ashtan, then there is the possibility of losing access to Occultist, so essentially forces us to seemingly avoid fighting a city, or "align" with them in the eyes of other cities.
  • edited November 2016
    Hey, how about the same with Occies, anyone can use Depthswalker if they want, but lose Shadowmancy if they use it against Hashan? I mean, that means everyone gets DW in the same way Hashan gets Occies. Fair, right?

Edit: Just gonna add, this was sarcasm directed at the people who say Hashan doesn't need a faction class because "they have Occie".
  • edited November 2016
    Except Shadowmancy is not aligned with Twilight (or any of the 3 "Darkness" deities at all), like Occultism is for the Chaos Court. That would not go down well at all.

Not really a "fair" comparison.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Except Shadowmancy is not aligned with Twilight (or any of the 3 "Darkness" deities at all)...
    More specifically, Shadowmancy is very specifically created (originally) by the Tsol'teth. If it were aligned with anybody, it would be them.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited November 2016
    Sarathai said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Except Shadowmancy is not aligned with Twilight (or any of the 3 "Darkness" deities at all)...
    More specifically, Shadowmancy is very specifically created (originally) by the Tsol'teth. If it were aligned with anybody, it would be them.
    Yes, I know. My argument was not in favour of Hashan having it aligned to them, lol.  :/ I wouldn't mind siding with Tsol'teth, especially if we get to become like Parni in terms of power!
  • Ryzeth said:
    Sarathai said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Yes, I know. My argument was not in favour of Hashan having it aligned to them, lol.  :/
    I know, I was just highlighting who it would be aligned with, if it was given an alignment.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• No. This class was specifically made non-factional. It's use of shadows and darkness does not tie in with Hashan's use of Shadows and Darkness (two different concepts). Quit trying to bog it down with faction rules.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    My battlerage tracker (link in sig) now has support for Depthswalker class.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    edited November 2016
    I've added the battlerage info to both the Depthswalker class page and the Battlerage page of the wiki.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • FYI, Erasure synergizes with the amnesia and weakness afflictions. Not in the AB file, but we tested it, and they gave different messages indicating it was a more powerful hit (used a dummy).
    Tydas said:
    FYI, Erasure synergizes with the amnesia and weakness afflictions. Not in the AB file, but we tested it, and they gave different messages indicating it was a more powerful hit (used a dummy).
    I've updated the wiki, will update the rage tracker on the next release (only a cosmetic thing!)

• Shirszae said:

Also, if being able to put the scythe on a baldric or something similar is not an option, could we at least get an option to 'banish' the scythe, or making it disappear until we manifest it again?

@Makarios @Nicola

The daggers are basically the lesser weapon - they're more a foci whereas the scythe is for actually stabbing people. We definitely can ponder tweaks to those though.

We'll do something with sheathing or banishing scythes.

• Makarios said:
     @Makarios perhaps beltloops?

• Makarios said:
    Shirszae said:

@Makarios @Nicola

The daggers are basically the lesser weapon - they're more a foci whereas the scythe is for actually stabbing people. We definitely can ponder tweaks to those though.

If we're banishing scythes, @Makarios, attached fist sigils should return to our inventory, right?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I don't see why banishing wouldn't be temporary, and you'd just retrieve that same scythe from your shadow. Why banish just to have to resummon (with associated EQ, mana, and re-augmentation costs)? May as well humgii it.
    Huh. Neat.
  • You can SHADOW BANISH your scythes/daggers now and call them back as and when.