New Class

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I cannot wait for Romeo and Juliet to be plagued with the same question everyday: "Why is there unholy darkness everywhere?"
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    So far my singular disappointment is it being str-based. Not that it doesn't make sense - it does - it's just daunting to think about the investment going to be needed to trait switch/spec switch/invest in some arties I've never had.

That said, this class looks like an amazing amalgamation of things I love about other classes I can't play and I'm kind of excited and terrified but mostly excited. Magi is probably about to bite the dust (rip, sorry elementalism roleplay, it was good times).

@Makarios, I don't suppose a trait/spec reset would at all be possible? (I'm lucky in that I have a free one of each saved, but I know plenty of people who don't).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    So far my singular disappointment is it being str-based. Not that it doesn't make sense - it does - it's just daunting to think about the investment going to be needed to trait switch/spec switch/invest in some arties I've never had.

That said, this class looks like an amazing amalgamation of things I love about other classes I can't play and I'm kind of excited and terrified but mostly excited. Magi is probably about to bite the dust (rip, sorry elementalism roleplay, it was good times).

@Makarios, I don't suppose a trait/spec reset would at all be possible? (I'm lucky in that I have a free one of each saved, but I know plenty of people who don't).
    If you're using a new multiclass slot (instead of quitting another class) you get a set of traits/specs specific for that slot. Comes at the cost of higher lesson investment if it's your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th unused slot (4 onwards is the same amount of lessons to trans per skill). HELP MULTICLASS
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2016
    I know! But I know a lot of people are also quitting their class (in whatever slot it happens to be) at the moment, too.

Some of us have budgets, yo.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Makarios Since Nightsight got moved down so far in Vision (it's just past Squint after all), will Nightsight be moved down in Kaido as well or possibly an improved version of Nightsight (at the same or higher spot in Kaido

Yea, that one!
  • Melodie said:
    I know! But I know a lot of people are also quitting their class (in whatever slot it happens to be) at the moment, too.

Some of us have budgets, yo.
    Yea, I'm one of them. Serpent was fun when I had it, but I don't have the 600+ credits to trans it out just so I can become a Depthswalker without a single of it's skills

Yea, that one!
  • It's 9 lessons into vision. Why would it need to be moved down in kaido?
  •  Class Skills                                                              
       Aeonics                     100%  #########################  Transcendent
       Shadowmancy                 100%  #########################  Transcendent
       Terminus                    100%  #########################  Transcendent
    Now I just need to hope that the death talisman scythe is configured as a shadowmancy scythe.

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited November 2016
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/P0xPvREv

Depthswalker so OP, you can kill people after they've already died.

Edit: because grammar is hard.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Aodfionn said:
    Time to scour the mythos for what this might be...
    Called. It. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    The effects of your time manipulation fade somewhat, leaving you only aged by 23067 years.

loooooooooooooooooool
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited November 2016
    Skye said:
    Phylactery (Shadowmancy) Known: No (223 lessons required)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax: PHYLACTERY CREATE
    PHYLACTERY RECALL
    PHYLACTERY LIST
    PHYLACTERY RELEASE <shadow>
    Details:
    The true masters of the art are able to contain the shadows of those
    they vanquish in battle. However, even they require a receptacle of
    sufficient power to store the shadows, and thus the phylactery was
    conceived.

To create a phylactery, you must stand within a darkened room and
    possess six bone and three silver commodities. The phylactery must be
    forged from an organic substance to retain its power, and wood has been
    found to lack a sufficient lifespan.

If you were to lose your phylactery, you may RECALL it at any time from
    anywhere through your bond with it. Note that due to this bond, only you
    will be able to utilise your phylactery, and you will be unable to
    utilise a phylactery created by someone else.

Finally, you may LIST those shadows that you have currently bound within
    your phylactery. You may only store a given number of shadows within the
    phylactery, so choose wisely. Note that you can RELEASE a shadow at any
    time, if you deem it no longer worthwhile to retain it.

PLS NO MORE USING SILVER. Unless you intend to up the spawn rate of silver comms, silver is already the most overused mining commodity outside of coal/stone/iron. Please switch to platinum, gold or gems! Pleeeeaaaase. We're begging you. 
    Yes, silver's spawn rate is ridiculously low compared to how many things use it.

• Really like the class so far, it's fun. Also the incredibly fast responses to bugs is incredible. Thanks a lot admin team!
  • Oh, this class. This class is everything I ever wanted it to be, everything I hoped we'd get and beyond. I'll have to eat a huge cost to do so, but I'm truly considering dropping runewarden for this - we'll have to see where it goes for a little while, first.
  • the shadows will take over the world
  • Caulder said:
    the shadows will take over the world
    Hashan faction class confirmed.
  • Image result for oichi the demon queen

Spreading your arms wide, you allow the shadows to carry you aloft on a tide of darkness.

First thought was instantly of Oichi, The Demon Queen from Sengoku Basara, and it's a good thing.
  • Is this class Targossas-friendly? Kinda seems a bit iffy
  • Kafziel said:
    Is this class Targossas-friendly? Kinda seems a bit iffy
    Seems a lot more than iffy to me, but I'm sure they'll find a way to spin it so it's ok. 

"Yes its darkness and shadows and we dont like Hashan because they're darkness and shadows but it's DIFFERENT so it's alright."
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

I'd be fine with Targossas having the class, especially since it also has chronomancy stuff, which is how Aurora is even here right now.
  • Frederich said:
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

I'd be fine with Targossas having the class, especially since it also has chronomancy stuff, which is how Aurora is even here right now.

Well...that's a pretty far reach to go for but hey whatever
  • from just reading the flavor in the news post, my brain melted. i cannot wait to try this new class!
    spread positivity
  • Asmodron said:
    Frederich said:
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Well...that's a pretty far reach to go for but hey whatever
    We'll figure something out...

...maybe
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Adchachel's lament does not appear to have an upgrade path.

Is this intentional? :(

Bought the level 1 scythe with the intention to use some upgrade credits to get the level 2 version of it.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Lucianus said:
    Adchachel's lament does not appear to have an upgrade path.

Is this intentional? :(

Bought the level 1 scythe with the intention to use some upgrade credits to get the level 2 version of it.

Likely something you should bug
    Huh. Neat.
  • Kez said:
    It's 9 lessons into vision. Why would it need to be moved down in kaido?
    So now it's 9 lessons in, how many lessons in was it before ?

Regarding Kaido, it duplicates a lot of high-up stuff in Vision and Survival, so it saves lessons in a sense. There's no point in duplicating an ability that's only 9 lessons in; I suggest removing it and adding a new duplicate ability.
  • You can upgrade now!
  • edited November 2016
    nothing, artefacts will never be equal across classes it's futile to even remotely ask for a slight balance to the absurd costs of a dual knight's playability.
  • Exxia said:
    nothing, artefacts will never be equal across classes it's futile to even remotely ask for a slight balance to the absurd costs of a dual knight's playability.

The scythes are more a collar analogue than a weapon one (its mostly just a weapon for flavour purposes, the scythes don't actually do cutting damage etc). They won't boost attack speed and such like regular artefact weapons do, but the class does have some other artefacts which drive its overall artefact investment up.

That said, nothings completely off the table re: dual weapon knights. Rather than individual artefact costs, it more comes down to looking at the overall investment to kit out a class offensively for us. There's definitely some diversity there (we'll probably never be able to get monk down to a comparable investment level - there's just too many things that a monk can potentially stack on to their build). Depthswalker for instance is around 2900/3000 credits to get what I'd consider high end artefacted output. A lot of it does come down to playstyle though, so I'd not say we're antithetically opposed to artefact price adjustments, it just boils down to the overall artefact "weight" of the class rather than the individual item costs. Always happy to discuss our stance on that (though I might be a bit slow today due to Depthswalker post release adjustments).