New Class

Comments

• Would be nice if the new class was Archers: bows and crossbows only, plus mobility abilities to use that strategically. Leveled bows exist already, so I don't think it would be cruddy.
  • Bows are awesome and cool, but they're a terrible thing to base a class off of.

This is because pretty much every class in the game is a melee class and bows are a ranged weapon. This tends to lead to boring fights that consist of the archer running away constantly and the melee having to chase constantly. That's boring and awful and nobody likes it. Imperian had their Ranger/Amazon classes as very bow-heavy classes when they were introduced and this melee/ranged dichotomy is the problem that got their Bowmanship skill nerfed into the ground. Fights just don't work when one side ALWAYS wants to stand in melee and the other side ALWAYS wants to run.
  • Amazon? :: perk ::

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Prythe said:
    Amazon? :: perk ::
    <div>Groinkick</div><div><br></div><div>Syntax: GROINKICK <target></div><div><br></div><div>This embarassing attack will cause damage to the unlucky male who is on the receiving</div><div>end, as well as cause all rational thought to be impossible for a short while.</div>

All you need to know about Amazon.
  • Shadowmancer? Is that a thing? It should be a thing. 
  • whatever yall talking or mention 'demigod' or 'divine command' making me wanting one. ha. I doubt it wouldn't happen ever again. Also i dont want to be mindlessly hunting all the way up to 100 or 200 at any point due to a xp curve. 

Although, i'm interested in this cleric/avatar business. :D

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Adeleine said:
    Prythe said:
    Amazon? :: perk ::
    <div>Groinkick</div><div><br></div><div>Syntax: GROINKICK <target></div><div><br></div><div>This embarassing attack will cause damage to the unlucky male who is on the receiving</div><div>end, as well as cause all rational thought to be impossible for a short while.</div>

All you need to know about Amazon.
    I still say it was a stupid idea to make Amazons. Wardens were male only for a reason. A very good reason.
  • At this point, since we freed Goddamn'bahich's shadow, if I can just use that 'Die' command on her once, I can retire happily.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Didn't Kosuira have that "life flashes before her eyes" moment, hinting at her origins? It showed rows of children being incubated in ice?

Hell, she could be a past "progeny" project of the Tsol'teth, or Tenith'oru in particular.
  • Holding my breath.

• Vallie said:
    Things I noticed while skimming:
    - Fighting shadows
    - Trapped children
    - Far off island
    - Pirates

Conclusion:
    OMG PETER PAN + HIS SHADOW CLASS :DDDDDD
    I'll be the fairy

• Basically -seems- like a psy based class with, from what i've observed, capabilities based on destroying, controlling and annihilating the minds of others. We saw several times an instant-kill based on materializing a 'psy-like' dagger that they would plunge into the head of another and make them perish from their mind shutting down.

I would love if perhaps Psychometry was also somehow reintroduced into achaea, based on this class. It would fit the theme.

I'm going to put my money on the chance that we wont get control of Shadows from this class. I think that is specifically Tsol'teth magic that is specific to them.
  •       

• yeah nah I'm pretty sure it's this one

• Daeir said:

All signs sort of pointing towards something involving shadow magic at this point.
    That is my guess as well, and this would be a great idea for many reasons.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Inb4 Hermes resurrection and Gambit class.

#AGirlCanDream
    Huh. Neat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Asmodron said:
    Basically -seems- like a psy based class with, from what i've observed, capabilities based on destroying, controlling and annihilating the minds of others. We saw several times an instant-kill based on materializing a 'psy-like' dagger that they would plunge into the head of another and make them perish from their mind shutting down.

I would love if perhaps Psychometry was also somehow reintroduced into achaea, based on this class. It would fit the theme.

I'm going to put my money on the chance that we wont get control of Shadows from this class. I think that is specifically Tsol'teth magic that is specific to them.
    Monk already has a skill that is word by word shutting someone's mind down. Doubt we are going to get another skill based around this. If anything, the shadow/time magic things make the most sense. Tenith'oru already taught is a bit of it with the unwinding. I am sure he can figure a way of teaching us more of it. But really, all I want is Agith'tai's scythe. Plz let me use a scythe. *_*

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited November 2016
    Shirszae said:
    Asmodron said:
    Basically -seems- like a psy based class with, from what i've observed, capabilities based on destroying, controlling and annihilating the minds of others. We saw several times an instant-kill based on materializing a 'psy-like' dagger that they would plunge into the head of another and make them perish from their mind shutting down.

Monk already has a skill that is word by word shutting someone's mind down. Doubt we are going to get another skill based around this. If anything, the shadow/time magic things make the most sense. Tenith'oru already taught is a bit of it with the unwinding. I am sure he can figure a way of teaching us more of it. But really, all I want is Agith'tai's scythe. Plz let me use a scythe. *_*

I'm not sure how Shadow and Time magic would mesh in the same kit :/. The unwinding seems much more based on time, rather than shadow.

As for monks, it isnt uncommon for classes to have similar capabilities. Historically, it is why the Monks were able to fend off the original Tsol'teth mind control, because of a similarity in their arts.

I'm mostly attributing a Psy based class on the observation of several of the Tsol'teth using that 'psychic dagger to the head' instant-kill
  • The psionic weapon manifestation stuff makes me hope for a soulknife-like class.
  • edited November 2016
    Sena said:
    The psionic weapon manifestation stuff makes me hope for a soulknife-like class.
    Thinking some more about this, and thinking back to this post by Sarapis which is now sounding pretty suggestive, I'm calling it now: The new class is partially based on the best class suggestion ever. If it ends up being something else, I can only assume they decided to scrap it and hurriedly make a different class instead because I just ruined the surprise.
  • Sena said:
    Sena said:
    The psionic weapon manifestation stuff makes me hope for a soulknife-like class.
    Thinking some more about this, and thinking back to this post by Sarapis which is now sounding pretty suggestive, I'm calling it now: The new class is partially based on the best class suggestion ever. If it ends up being something else, I can only assume they decided to scrap it and hurriedly make a different class instead because I just ruined the surprise.
    No, they love me more. Clearly it's going to be a musketeer class.

• Shadows? Confirmed. Daggers? Confirmed.

Shadow Idras confirmed. God I would Hostage ERRYBODY. 
  • Psychic makes sense. Its the only thing as a class we lack. Gold Dragon is Psychic. So who knows. 
  • Vercio said:
    Psychic makes sense. Its the only thing as a class we lack. Gold Dragon is Psychic. So who knows. 
    Monks get Telepathy. That's pretty psychic in nature.

• Probs Hashan's shadow-based Twilight-ish class.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Probs Hashan's shadow-based Twilight-ish class.
    Twilight confirmed.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited November 2016
    It happened bois.

Aeonics

Shadowmancy

Terminus

I think I just died.
    Huh. Neat.