New Class

Comments

• I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ARTIFACTS.

I already have +3 str gloves. TELL ME MORE.
  • Cailan said:
    Shadowmancer? Is that a thing? It should be a thing. 
    YAY IT'S A THING
  • Sarapis said:
    Szanthax said:
    Congrats @Makarios @Nicola and team.
    Really proud of how they got this new class out, and how they've handled this huge event!
    Was pretty neat :)

.... almost there....

You have about 4662 lessons remaining before you reach Transcendence in the skill Aeonics.

• I looked it over.  i don't understand like half of the shit, but then again.  I don't understand half the shit of monk either.

really like the 3rd class skill though!

The hunting tree seems pretty nice, and the survivability tree seems pretty good!  especially if you use the final intonation on an ally dragon with tons of arties.  It's like you're a dragon in lesser form. :)
  • This is a very suitable class for Sena. It has my full approval so far.
  • Politely waiting for the defenses to be added to firstaid.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Makarios Any chance we could get gmcp for word balance and boosted age? Pretty please? :heart:
    Huh. Neat.
  • Imbuing your voice with power, you intone, "Tooros".
    Ginovianna clutches at her head, face contorted in pain.
    Durzaan clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.
    Mithran clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.
    Atalkez clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.
    Lelum clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.
    Shunsui clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.
    Shirszae clutches at her head, face contorted in pain.
    Colgano clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.
    Lenn clutches at her head, face contorted in pain.
    Ahmet clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.
    The piercing sound sends a spike of agony into your brain, threatening to rob you of conscious
    thought.

Oops. Best to test elsewhere
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @asmodron If only there were an AB file that told you -exactly- what it does.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Artifact information to come within the hour!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Devran said:
    Artifact information to come within the hour!

Already here:

http://www.ironrealms.com/game/news/Achaea/Announce/4669

• edited November 2016
    That was within the hour. I asked Makarios like 30 mins ago. :)

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4669                                     (11/05/2016 at 02:51)  
    From   : Makarios, the Meticulous
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Depthswalker Artefacts
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No sooner did the new class go live than the anticipated demand was made: artefacts.

We've got you covered.

Gattan'lier's hunger (350 credits): This artefact version of a manifested dagger removes the balance 
    cost on SHADOW ATTUNE and increases the damage dealt by SHADOW MUTILATE.
    Terrin'ukia's Vice (350 credits): this artefact version of the phylactery can hold twice as many 
    shadows as a standard version.

Artefact scythes: these increase damage by 10/15/20% on all Shadowmancy scythe attacks.
    Adchachel's lament (350 credits)
    deSangre's spite (800 credits)
    Agith'maal's ire (1600 credits)

Those of you that finished the Black Wave talisman set and obtained a feretory can also now open 
    those.

Enjoy!
  • RIP.

new class that deals with time manipulation.

Tons of lag-spikes.

Obviously the new class is meant to lag us to death. :'(
  • sadfaced that its a str based class. @makarios, does the death scythe count for an artie weapon?
  • Aegoth said:
    sadfaced that its a str based class. @makarios, does the death scythe count for an artie weapon?

Not currently, but we're talking about it.

• edited November 2016
    Aegoth said:
    sadfaced that its a str based class. @makarios, does the death scythe count for an artie weapon?
    NO sadfaces here! 19 Str without any defenses/buffs. I hope it scales well. It could scale terribly! We'll have to see.
  • Are there proficiency for these things?

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I may have missed it somewhere, but what armour do the Depthwalkers wear?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Fairly certain the syntax for Erasure isn't accurate in the AB file.

• Already sent in a bug for Erasure.
  • Seems fixed.
  • Erasure was just working for me.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Kosuira, the child sorceress bows to you and commences the lesson in Shadowmancy.

Kosuira, the child sorceress speaks a word of power and the surroundings noticeably darken.

Beckoning you closer, Kosuira, the child sorceress extends her hand to the side, a scythe of
    shifting shadows coalescing in her grasp. Instructing you on the particulars, she drills you until
    it becomes second nature to manifest your own weapon.

Continuing your instruction, Kosuira, the child sorceress puts you through a dizzyingly fast set of
    exercises with the scythe, ruthlessly criticising even the slightest flaws in your technique.

Deeming your efforts with the scythe adequate for now, Kosuira, the child sorceress leans in close
    and whispers the secrets of the ancient phylacteries, and how the truly gifted may store the shadows
    of those that cross them for later use.

Nodding decisively, Kosuira, the child sorceress begins to levitate above the ground, his shadow
    enfolding her and nearly totally eclipsing her from sight. Her voice echoing hollowly, she instructs
    you on the finer points of manipulating your own shadow.

Kosuira, the child sorceress's voice grows louder as she expands upon the greater acts of
    Shadowmancy. She speaks of being able to cross great distances in a single step to emerge from the
    unsuspecting shadow of a victim, and of melting away into the darkness without a trace.

In soft, reverent tones, Kosuira, the child sorceress teaches you of the ability to bring down
    darkness on an entire area, blanketing entire cities with your domain.

Straightening, Kosuira, the child sorceress fixes you with a steely gaze. A terrible, icy hand
    clutches you by the throat, and you realise in a moment of shocked finality that your own shadow has
    turned against you. Moments later it releases you, but the message is clear.

Kosuira, the child sorceress turns away, seeming satisfied with your performance.
    Shadowmancy lesson messages, for those interested.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Ahmet said:
    asmodron If only there were an AB file that told you -exactly- what it does.

I was just so excited to try words :D

(totally worth it)
  • edited November 2016
    Kayeil said:
    I may have missed it somewhere, but what armour do the Depthwalkers wear?
    Scalemail.

HELP ARMOR was updated with everything else.

If you would like some made, I can Embrasure it for you for only 25 credits!
  • I see you guys are pushing back my rifleman class :(

• I can't believe this class has both time magic and shadow magic, lol. There are so many cool ideas here. Aeonics Paradox is neat. Aeonics Doom (boosted) as an instakill that kills the caster, if it fails to successfully kill the victim, is hilarious. Using your own age as a resource is a fantastic concept. Speaking through shadows. Dropping shadows over a whole area, hell yeah. What even is Terminus?? I don't know but it looks cool
  • edited November 2016
     @Makarios much as with the potential of the death talisman set scythe that you're talking about (please, please do make it so, especially since the "Underworld CULL benefit" is functionally useless right now!), is there any possibility of a shadowcloak being usable in similar fashion to the Shadowmancy "shadow cloak" ability as well?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."