New Class

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Well can rule out any theory of overlapping with current class skills.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Could always be a reskin, à la Puppetry/Vodun...
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited September 2016
    The new reveals just keep coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submitted by: Anonymous Status : Submitted
    Skill : SecretSkill1 Ability : Secretability10
    Problem:
    secretability10 is just too much in it's current form. The prep is too fast and
    simply, the parry by-pass too trivial and the instakill from ability10 just
    because too strong because of it.
    Solution #1:
    Add a channel to secretability10, so that the target has 2-3 seconds to let a
    tumble go through, or interupt the secretclass
    Solution #2:
    Adjust secretability5 in secretskill3, so that the prepping takes longer.
    Solution #3:
    secretclass is honestly just ridiculously OP at this point, as with all new
    releases. Scrap it and focus on existing classes.
  • That explains it! Whoever submitted that classlead has ruined it for us all! They chose Solution 3!

• It's true! It's true!

• I wonder if anyone was able to sneak a peek at the skill names listed before the admin noticed and changed them. O.O

(Unless they had thought of this beforehand and already changed them)

• We'd thought of it already.
  • Makarios said:
    We'd thought of it already.

Drat
  • Putting the skills up there was the admin's joke (I assume).
  • Quit playing games with my heart!

• UPCOMING INFO 185

New class, perhaps?

• Who knows!
  • Makarios said:
    Who knows!
    Just answer me this, that's a friday night (GMT), is it something I'm going to want to book the Monday off work for?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• You will almost certainly not want to miss the serenade that leads into October. I can't say whether you may or may not want to be ill the next day, but you very much will want to be logged in for the time that the upcoming references.
  • Makarios said:
    You will almost certainly not want to miss the serenade that leads into October. I can't say whether you may or may not want to be ill the next day, but you very much will want to be logged in for the time that the upcoming references.
    Well then, I'll be booking the Monday off in case the UW war kicks back off :D
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Oh, that's when Mrs Klendathu is away for the evening... Serendipity indeed.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I couldn't sleep last night.. I just can't figure out what magic-using role play aspect Achaea is missing class wise. Magi is your red mage. Priest is your white mage. Apotato/Occie is your black mage. 

That leaves blue mage and time mage. I'd Love to see a time mage. Blue mage could be so OP.

I need to know who is testing this new class and a hacker that takes payment in credits.

• what? magi is black mage. You are terribly horribly wrong.
  • Magi is Black mage
    Apostate is Necromancer (actually a class; check em)
    Priest is White Mage
    Occie is Blue mage and/or summoner (Seriously, you get to more-or-less take powers from things and use them yourself)

You're missing Red (which Magi can sort of fill), Time (which magi ALSO sort of fill), Geomancer, Magic Knight (Runies.. sort of?), Scholar.

I'd love a spellblade sort of class that's similar-ish to monk with combos.  One swing + One Spell Attack, but also functions sort of like a spellblade in Skyrim would.  Being able to alternate between healing, offensive, and hindering spells whilst keeping up the onslaught with their sword-hand.  This would be a wonderful redmage to me.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    runewarden

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Magic Knight is Blademaster?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    All the knight classes sort of fall in with Magic Knight. Sorta wish we had a purely physical warrior class. Brutality of skill overcoming everyone else's magic and stuff.

Also, Blademaster has more in common with monks or fighters, I think.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• While I know everyone plays it a little different, Witchers from The Witcher series remind me a lot of Runewardens. My experience so far has been mostly weapons with a light bit of signs (like 50% swords, 30% signs, 20% oggling Geralt), which sorta feels like Weaponmastery with runes here and there.

Spellblade that Frederich is describing sounds a lot more like blademaster to me, but with a ninja flavour rather than a magic flavour.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Vallie said:
    While I know everyone plays it a little different, Witchers from The Witcher series remind me a lot of Runewardens. My experience so far has been mostly weapons with a light bit of signs (like 50% swords, 30% signs, 20% oggling Geralt), which sorta feels like Weaponmastery with runes here and there.
    Just 20% oggling? I'm must be slipping.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aeonics
    Equations
    Physics

Boom
  • edited September 2016
    Ama-maalier projects a thought upon the meld, "The ancient enemy moves, Kaamain'an, as the prophecy foretold. Are the defences in place?"

Tension is felt by all in the line as Ithin'urai offers, "All progeny have been moved to the reaches, the able generations muster in preparation."

Ama-maalier's unspoken response is instantaneous and fraught with concern, "The monsters cannot be allowed to take the homeland, it would cost the lineage all."

Ever-collected, Kaamain'an responds with a dry accounting, "Final testing is complete, the protections are in place. Ithin'urai, if the progeny have been removed, send all who can bear arms to the birthing sanctum, what augmentations we have are cached there. We must all be ready if they come for us."

Well, that's feeding fuel to the idea that the new class is going to be Psionics based.
  • The f did i just read...
  • Asmodron said:
    The f did i just read...
    Three people preparing for an attack told by prophecy. They've shored up their defences, moved the young and defenceless somewhere safe, and are sending able-bodied people to defend a 'birthing sanctum' where all their 'augmentation' have been stored. They appear to be speaking over a 'meld', probably some sort of telepathic overmind. References to 'lineage', 'birthing sanctum', 'augmentations', 'able generations', and 'progeny', I'm guessing this may also have to do with genetic engineering (the Tsol'teth did this themselves), of some form.

Whatever it is, sounds pretty interesting. Possibility for a lot of new lore coming in.
  • Psionic class would be interesting-ish, although with Monks having Telepathy already, I can't imagine what a third ability to replace that might be, since it appears the new class has three unique ability lists.