Wheel Of Fortune! What Did You Get?

Comments

• Sobriquet said:
    The website says there is an increased chance of higher value prizes the more you buy. That doesn't appear to be accurate
    Where does it say that?
  • I got experience gain, didn't see an increase.  You lied to me, @Tecton! :(
  • edited March 2016
    Antonius said:
    Sobriquet said:
    The website says there is an increased chance of higher value prizes the more you buy. That doesn't appear to be accurate
    Where does it say that?
    On the button you press you buy them:

Each token grants a spin of the Wheel of Fortune in New Thera with vastly increased prizes!

I would take that to read the more you buy, the more your chance of a high value prize.  

Unless of course they mean the "prizes" are more than you get with the Tarot Card, which should be a given as we are paying for the spin.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Lorielan said:
    Or that the tokens you pay for have a better chance of high value prizes compared to the daily free spins!
    Correct!
  • The drop rate on those mounts is making me weep.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    The turn in value on the mounts is a lot more generous thank I expected! Thank you so much admins!  <3
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I retract my previous statement. Drop rate is fine now that they have a decent tradein value.

• What is the tradein value for the mounts? Debating whether or not to trade in my extra or put it up for sale on the market.

• Their 'value' is set at 50cr, so they trade in for 33cr bound.

• How do you trade them in? Take them out first?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Valkyn said:
    How do you trade them in? Take them out first?
    Yeah, they have to be out of the crate

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Shirszae said:
    Valkyn said:
    How do you trade them in? Take them out first?
    Yeah, they have to be out of the crate
    I have 1 of each... to trade them in...or to just try to trade them. Oi!

• Wheel is broken, was just saying 'the wheel is already spinning' repeatedly for both me and @Cooper even when it wasn't!
  • Trey said:
    Their 'value' is set at 50cr, so they trade in for 33cr bound.
    @Tecton @Lorielan @Achaea This month's promo rocks. You guys are generous!
  • Yeah, I got royally screwed here.

"The wheel is currently spinning" on line 2 is me attempting to spin the wheel while it's not spinning, and then some noob spinning and winning.

Did an issue me, and am hopeful they make it right and not some bullshit like 'oh we'll give you another spin'.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cooper said:
    Yeah, I got royally screwed here.

"The wheel is currently spinning" on line 2 is me attempting to spin the wheel while it's not spinning, and then some noob spinning and winning.

Did an issue me, and am hopeful they make it right and not some bullshit like 'oh we'll give you another spin'.
    @Tecton hardcoded the bonus to only allow novices to spin for it, confirmed.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Ahmet said:
    Cooper said:
    Yeah, I got royally screwed here.

@Tecton hardcoded the bonus to only allow novices to spin for it, confirmed.
    Oh I didn't realize Kiba was a novice.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• So far, decent. Definitely not quite as lucky as some, but this does turn out to be roughly 180 credits worth of stuff. (For those that want the breakdown: 82 credits worth of lessons, 33 credit trade-in value for the crab unless I can manage to sell it to someone, 25 straight credits, and 40 credits for the raffle tickets provided none of them are winners.)

So, I got what would have been about $70 in credits for $45. Hopefully more luck next time (and no crabs).

Token Spins:
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a mysterious crate. (Crab)
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a prismatic token.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with the contents of a cargo crate of clovers and 25 credits.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Lesson Gain.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Lesson Gain.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with raffle tickets.
    You just got a bonus ten raffle tickets!

Free Spins:
    3/5
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Increased Critical Hits.
    3/4/16
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Experience Gain.
    3/3/16
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Experience Gain.
    3/2/16
    3/1/16
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Increased Critical Hits.
  • The problem with RNG is nobody is ever satisfied.
  • I wasn't talking about specifically, just people I've noticed. Still... If you agree they should change it, then someone will be screwed regardless. 
  • Sanna said:
    The problem with RNG is not everybody is satisfied.
    The problem? But that's the feature!
  • Daeir said:
    Especially after you message the administration and ask if tradein is going to be made possible, and get told no.
    You normally get a bit touchy on some things, but I have to agree with you here.

When real money is involved, it's fair to everyone that the stipulations/rules/details of the promotion/game/etc are fair and remain static throughout. Changing the perceived value on something manually, after no telling how many of said items have been moved, that's just asking for issues to arise.

Sucks @Daeir, maybe toss a message to Tecton directly?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Daeir said:
    It is made worse when said RNG code clearly isn't unit tested, goes into production, spits out entirely the wrong results (there is no way such a high drop rate on collared legend/greater mounts was intentional), and then the value of said results is changed mid-promotion to massively increase the value of said things with completely no warning given.

Overall, I'm sure this change is an excellent one for the vast majority of people experiencing the promotion, but it has completely fucked me over (also partly my own fault, mind you) value-wise.
    Yeah, 158cr is enough to notice, for sure. Just goes to show that the long haul approach is the way to go. #ballin

• Also it isn't your equivalent $120.00 getting flushed, it's your equivalent like $70.00. If you sold 6 mounts, that's 198cr that would have bound from tradein, so subtract the 40cr you sold them for and voila. 

• @Daeir I have to agree. Getting an admin stance then having it turned around in less than 5 days is rather crap :(. Sorry buddy.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    You mean someone was ranting and it was untrue... shock, horror!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • mayan crown
    a featureless ice figurine x2
    albatross
    250 lesson gain
    prismatic token

I don't usually splurge on myself, and I really wanted one of those pets.. I can be happy with a mount :) (though seriously, if anyone wants to give away a pet, I'll take it.. ><)

Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
  • Elipise said:
    mayan crown
    a featureless ice figurine x2
    albatross
    250 lesson gain
    prismatic token

I don't usually splurge on myself, and I really wanted one of those pets.. I can be happy with a mount :) (though seriously, if anyone wants to give away a pet, I'll take it.. ><)

Which pet are you looking for?