Wheel Of Fortune! What Did You Get?

Comments

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Oh. So it's a flying seal.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Yeah, I'd rather have crowns and figurines.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • From the free spin: Lesson gain (8), and extra raffle tickets! (10), for a total of 13 raffle tickets.
  • Overall for the month: 6 increased critical hits, 1 toad, 1 maggot, 1 experience gain
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2016
    Phocine flyers can be found in the Tower of Falaq'tor, there's a wounded one there which is part of a quest.
    Jonathin said:
    Yeah, I'd rather have crowns and figurines.
    +1

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I'd rather have artefact upgrade tokens than bound mayan crowns, but losing figurines for Lucrescent nuts kind of sucks. Not for me since I'm not buying any more tokens this month, but for people who still might.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Interesting, our intention with changing out figurines for nuts that most people already had multiple figurines, so we'd give them something new there to use or sell instead.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If I were buying tokens, I'd love icy figurines. Can't have enough. Don't really care about the lucrescent nuts, and depending on how many you get it might feel like a downgrade as a prize.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I was definitely hoping to buy a figurine but now that they've stopped dropping they'll likely not be nearly as cheap as they were. I sad. :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Kayeil said:
    If I were buying tokens, I'd love icy figurines. Can't have enough. Don't really care about the lucrescent nuts, and depending on how many you get it might feel like a downgrade as a prize.
    You get 6 - 10 nuts, which have been selling for 5cr or more a piece
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Tecton said:
    Kayeil said:
    You get 6 - 10 nuts, which have been selling for 5cr or more a piece
    Oh still? Thought those were like 10k or so in shops. Not too bad then at that price.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Tecton said:
    Interesting, our intention with changing out figurines for nuts that most people already had multiple figurines, so we'd give them something new there to use or sell instead.

It's all personal preference, obviously!

I like customising items (eventually) so having a large stock of figurines isn't an issue for me. I also prefer getting something that I can guarantee the value of and get an instant return on, rather than having to 1. find a buyer and 2. hope that the market price stays favourable. I also have more than enough classes already at tri-Trans (only Jester left to go, and it doesn't appeal to me at all) so Lucrescent nuts aren't something I personally have a use for.

I know a lot of people don't necessarily care about customising or preserving items, though, so figurines don't necessarily have any use for them. If figurines could be split into two something-or-others (ice fragments?) that could then be applied to transferring an artefact power to another item, rather than being applied to a customisation, then more people might have a use for them. Might IDEA that in-game if I remember next time I'm logged in.

• edited March 2016
    Nuts will soon be 10k per if they're dropping at 6-10. I always have more things I want to non decay or custom than I have figurines, so more is great!

I imagine for a lot of people this is not the case though.

• The jackpot! Wow, so much noise. Wasn't going to buy anything either, was just a bit of fun as Valkyn's adopted daughter bought 10, and we laughed at the seals, then I got 5 and... !

• And..?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited March 2016
    Sobriquet said:
    And..?

Valkyn said:
    The jackpot!

• (the 500cr)

• I got some measly island wings piece yesterday.
  • It doesn't matter what it is, the more of them there are,  the less valuable they become. The albatross is a flying collared mount. That's 250cr for a collar and 30k+ for the mount.  Sell price? 33cr. Because there are so many that you can't walk a block without kicking one.  There were 38 of them at the entrance to Eleusis. 

• Tbf, most of those were probably mindshell's.
  • Borran said:
    It doesn't matter what it is, the more of them there are,  the less valuable they become. The albatross is a flying collared mount. That's 250cr for a collar and 30k+ for the mount.  Sell price? 33cr. Because there are so many that you can't walk a block without kicking one.  There were 38 of them at the entrance to Eleusis. 
    They also have a badge of returning, a shop of wonders item which should add to the value, but in reality does not.
  • Colour me unimpressed. 

5 tokens - 

1 giant horned toad
    1 alligator hatchling
    1 desert hedgehog
    1 figurine
    40 artefact upgrade credits.

Not worth the credits I paid them for, but I'm still hopeful! (buying) 
  • 5 more tokens - 
    1 flyer
    1 iguana
    1 figurine
    74 bound credits (two spins). 

Still at a loss, but willing to go again. Hit me up if you want to sell 5 tokens !
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    That looks like you could at least break even.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a mysterious crate.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a crate marked "live
    animal inside".

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with the legs of a figurine
    of Captain Maelstrom and 25 credits.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with the lid from a cargo
    crate of clovers and 25 credits.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with artefact upgrade
    credits.
    ------
    Containers:
     2 crates marked "live animal inside".

Is this normal?

• Yes. Mysterious crate on the spin is one of the mounts, the other line is a crate with a pet. The actual crate items are the same though.
  • Jahat said:
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a mysterious crate.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a crate marked "live
    animal inside".

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with the legs of a figurine
    of Captain Maelstrom and 25 credits.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with the lid from a cargo
    crate of clovers and 25 credits.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with artefact upgrade
    credits.
    ------
    Containers:
     2 crates marked "live animal inside".

Is this normal?

Yes. When you get mysterious crates, they're still "a crate marked "live animal inside". I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just a way to tell the difference during the spin. When it shows mysterious crate when spinning, it's a mount. When it shows a crate marked "live animal inside" when spinning, it's a mini-pet. Though, in your inventory they show the same. You can OPEN and PROBE the crates to see what's in them(Once you take the animal out though, it sets it to your name and is no longer tradeable or any such thing.
  • Awesome, thank you both. One was a horned toad, and the other was a tarantula.
  • The mysterious crates are the mounts.