Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• The tier thing should wrap around. So anything over 2k is applied to the bottom tiers again.

At least that was my understanding of the sale.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • What am I going to do with 3 clays? Have an hour and a half of testing a day? 0.0
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Kadin said:
    What am I going to do with 3 clays? Have an hour and a half of testing a day? 0.0
    Share, duh. *sagenod*
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• That moment when you ask for artefact advice about bard and Jovolo talks you into serpent. So persuasive! :open_mouth: 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    If you're staying bard, the pendulum is great - harmonics arrive (99% of the time) before you get eq back (even with diadem)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited November 2014
    As for bm, I can't figure out what artifacts I should start saving up for getting.

Currently I have a level 2 sip
    Level 2 Bracers
    Level 1 Con belt.
    Level 3 Band.
    Ring of flying
    Buckawns
    Wings
    3 Earrings
    4 Pipes
    Gem of cloaking
    Pack
    and Fire Pendant.

I was thinking Lyre possibly just for the increase raid defense. and for engaging in dick mode. With Voidfist changed Torc has went closer to the useless side of things.

Help plz.

----
    Edit: Kadin i'd wait till December to get your credits, Last year they did a globe thing and you get good stuff around christmas typically.

Also i'm looking for an easy way to tell what earring goes to who!

Nemutaur said:
    @Caladbolg‌ lvl1 bow?
    I Just traded in lupines because of how useless it was with out it being able to hit :(

• Caladbolg said:
    Nemutaur said:
    @Caladbolg‌ lvl1 bow?
    I Just traded in lupines because of how useless it was with out it being able to hit :(
    Still better than a firelash ring when you guys LoS.
    Nemutaur said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Nemutaur said:
    @Caladbolg‌ lvl1 bow?
    Still better than a firelash ring when you guys LoS.
    Typically I evade in and start attackin bitches but you do have a point.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Bow still useful when healing up after melee, shooting meteors.  Still a lot of utility for 350cr.  

Level 1 health regen ring
    Level 1 mana regen ring
    Dragonskin Quiver (useful for non envenomers)
    Prismatic Ring if too hard to maintain normal resistance rings
    Perma shield, tree tattoos (possibly moon and boar too)

Do BMs not use EQ ever?  Aldar usually great for all classes (except Runewarden  :'()
  • edited November 2014
    Meteors so underused in LoS. If it takes two rounds of snipe and thurisaz, the meteors you started might be the killing blow. Have gotten quite a few lucky meteors as monk with a bow. Plus prefarar shoot + mind command. I realize that doesn't apply to you.

Edit: Ugh, BM hamstring, evade out, meteor x3 and move back in for double leg break into damage string +meteors? Come on dude.
  • Achilles said:

Do BMs not use EQ ever?  Aldar usually great for all classes (except Runewarden  :'()
    Mostly only for things everyone uses it for (shield tattoo, etc). A couple class abilities, but mostly ones that are used rarely and/or have short eq anyway (e.g. healthtrans), defenses that are mostly set and forget, or just generally useless stuff (e.g., shin burst, though that may be situationally useful with the new changes). Only things I can think of that might see a noticeable benefit would be the elemental fists and vitiate, and I can't see those making enough of a difference to make diadem a priority.
    edited November 2014
    Eld said:
    Achilles said:

Mostly only for things everyone uses it for (shield tattoo, etc). A couple class abilities, but mostly ones that are used rarely and/or have short eq anyway (e.g. healthtrans), defenses that are mostly set and forget, or just generally useless stuff (e.g., shin burst, though that may be situationally useful with the new changes). Only things I can think of that might see a noticeable benefit would be the elemental fists and vitiate, and I can't see those making enough of a difference to make diadem a priority.
    I think lethal ink, aldar with web tattoo followed by impale would be pretty sweet for BM for non-buckawn targets.  I don't get any class use out of having one but can sometimes beat writhe time on web (without lethal ink no less).
  • A question on travel-based artifacts.

A set of eagle's wings are 800cr, and a vibrating stick (for wormholes) costs the same. Now, I already have access to Metamorphosis Track and Grove Isolation for quickly getting to most places I need to go (or at least getting close enough that it's only a short walk), so I'm not looking to get them immediately. But for those who have both, which one would you say is the most useful? Which provides better/quicker movement?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Jesus, wings.

Plus, wings are combat central! I miss out on so much because I don't have wings.

gofundme.com/mizwings
  • If you have something like the Mudlet mapper script with autowalking and support for the vibrating stick, it probably provides overall faster movement than wings, except to a few key locations (i.e. those right by wings exits).

I'd agree with Mizik, though, there are certain benefits to wings - their function as a sort of escape ability and providing access to a location where a lot of combat happens that you wouldn't be able to access any other way - that you'd miss out on if you went for the stick.
  • Is there any value in Atavian Wings now with the mapper (both built in and otherwise)?
  • There are probably other things you'd want to spend 1200 credits on before upgrading to Atavian wings, but I still consider them worth having. It's an extra room that you can access in the Skies, that's less likely to have people there and less likely that your opponent can follow you to, because a lot fewer people have Atavian wings than Eagle's wings.

I also do a lot of navigation manually still, so having the additional exits closer to places I travel to quite often (North of New Thera, for example) is worth it.
    edited December 2014
    Back in the dim and distant past when I purchased my Circlet of the Will, it only came as a circlet. Now there's the option of an amulet. Is it possible to have it converted from one type to the other, and what is the cost associated?

It's not possible to wear a hat when you're wearing a circlet, and that means I can't wear the HoHoHo / HaHaHa society hat whilst wearing my circlet and it's ruining my RP. (That's how it's done, right?)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Klendathu said:
    Back in the dim and distant past when I purchased my Circlet of the Will, it only came as a circlet. Now there's the option of an amulet. Is it possible to have it converted from one type to the other, and what is the cost associated?

It's not possible to wear a hat when you're wearing a circlet, and that means I can't wear the HoHoHo / HaHaHa society hat whilst wearing my circlet and it's ruining my RP. (That's how it's done, right?)

Yep, just email artefacts@achaea.com and we'll switch it out at no charge!
  • Melodie said:
    Shouts with Mindseye support group 2014.
    Pleb, just fight without deafness, Sensi or nothing.
  • I think I've got close to 1000cr. What should I get next/upgrade? Grandue is a Monk. Race/traits are irrelevant because they can be changed.

Recovery

a Circlet of the Will

a silver ring of meditation

a glittering ring of vitality

a Ceylonese bracelet 

a Ceylonese ring

Travel

a ruby hydra 

a colossal, nightmarish jaguar

a set of mithril spurs

a ring of flying

a Brooch of the Tempest

a pair of eagle's wings

a vibrating stick

an earring of Sinope

a wand of portals

an Armband of Celerity

Stats

a Girdle of Aegis

an Epicurean Sash

Gauntlets of the Aldar

Combat

an Aldar Diadem

a Velocity Bow

spiked knuckles

a Shield of Absorption

a ring of the Magus

a pair of buckawn's boots

a Lasallian lyre

a Torc of Telepathy

a Collar of Agatheis

an Intellect Crown

a staff of illusion

Misc

a gem of cloaking

a Veil of the Sphinx

a Grimoire of Adaptation

a Gem of Transmutation

a Stygian pendant

a dragonskin quiver

a dragonskin pack

Prospero's Greater Vault 

a long, elegant ebony pipe

an artefact discount voucher

a barnacle-encrusted bucket

a trader's satchel

a Veil of the Libertine

a serpentine keyring

a rosewood stationery kit

a mahogany hand vice

edited December 2014
    Probably in this order

Ring of Magus
    Prismatic Ring
    Upgrade to level 2 Sash
    Shackles

Oh forgot about mana sip ring, would get a level 1-2 for a monk.
    I have a similar question to Grandue, with an approximate budget of 1500 credits (as soon as that credit market drops below my maximum threshold!) and being a bard

Combat:
    a rapier carved from living ice (Soulpiercer)
    a translucent shield of living ice bearing the Divine Order arms of Vastar (Shield of Absorption)
    a glittering lyre of ice (Lasallian lyre)
    an ice-spider amulet (buckawn's amulet)
    a golden pendulum
    a diadem of living ice (Aldar Diadem)

Stats:
    Gauntlets of the Aldar

Travel:
    Aristeas, a gryphon (pet)
    a vibrant xaohlatl (collared order-specific mount)
    a set of mithril spurs
    a platinum whistle
    a ring of flying
    an enchanted pebble
    intricately carved wings of living ice (eagle's wings)

Misc:
    a dragonskin pack
    a ring of Lucretian clarity
    goggles of whitesight
    a glittering ring of vitality
    3x ornately carved ivory pipe
    fur-lined robes (Robes of the Magi)
    a gem of cloaking
    an Amulet of the Will
    a ring of endurance
    a Hood of the Sphinx
    a frost-rimed tunnel earring (aural earring)
    a Ceylonese ring

• edited December 2014
    @Grandue: I'd suggest considering Chitin Greaves at some point, since you can't really make use of a mount as a monk so won't have access to mountjump and won't always be Horkval. Much, much faster than Dragon leap, too, so still beneficial if/when you're in Dragonform. For similar reasons, the anklet of dashing is pretty fantastic as a travel artefact.

EDIT: Missed that you had mithril spurs, so I guess ignore those suggestions. Mana sip ring isn't a bad investment, especially when you're converting mana to health with transmute. Not sure I'd consider the prismatic ring at this point; it's nice, but it's mostly a pure convenience artefact.

Pretty much everyone should buy a ring of flying, too. Just so damn good.
  • edited December 2014
    @Grandue Do you not have a Collar, crazy man?