Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• Unless it's been changed recently, I'm pretty sure Blademasters are literally incapable of wielding a shield of any kind, including a Shield of Absorption. It's a hardcoded restriction.
  • Antonius said:
    Unless it's been changed recently, I'm pretty sure Blademasters are literally incapable of wielding a shield of any kind, including a Shield of Absorption. It's a hardcoded restriction.
    Yup, can't use it.

• Hrm, neat.  Did not know that, but it was just an arbitrary example anyhow - swap to a different class for a comparable and equivalent meaning.

The one exception, of course, being that apparently SoA is in fact pointless for BMs (although not Blademaster Dragons!)
  • edited January 2015
    Ernam said:

Hrm, neat.  Did not know that, but it was just an arbitrary example anyhow - swap to a different class for a comparable and equivalent meaning.

The one exception, of course, being that apparently SoA is in fact pointless for BMs (although not Blademaster Dragons!)
    I wish I could at least use it with a weaponry sword for bashing. Oh well I guess...we'll see how multiclass looks.
  • SoA is questionable for druid/sylvan, with a quarterstaff being about as good (a bit lower physical protection on average, but more reliable and also provides high magic resistance) for free.
  • Sena said:
    SoA is questionable for druid/sylvan, with a quarterstaff being about as good (a bit lower physical protection on average, but more reliable and also provides high magic resistance) for free.

Seems like that call would be purely situational.  Would depend on what is attacking you, and how bursty it is.  
    But yeah in general I wouldn't think Sylvan would ever buy one.  They're already ungodly tanky as is, and are permanently saving up for more int/collar upgrades anyhow =P.
  • edited January 2015
    Sena said:
    SoA is questionable for druid/sylvan, with a quarterstaff being about as good (a bit lower physical protection on average, but more reliable and also provides high magic resistance) for free.
    It's anecdotal evidence only, but I don't regret getting mine and I use it a lot when I'm bashing. I doubt that I would if it was actual combat because of the 15+ abilities tied to having a wielded quarterstaff, however, so there's also that.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited January 2015
    Infernal:                                 
    Ring of Flying         L3 Sword          3 pipes
    L3 Bracelet             L1 Strength       L2 health regen
    L3 Belt                   L2 Crit pendant  Ring of endurance
    L3 Sip ring             Wings                  Willpower
    Buckawns              Veil and Cloak   
    Diadem                 Pack and Quiver
    Race Change daily  L3 Collar

3.4K credits. What will benefit me the most (level 97 bashing to dragon is good). Mostly here for the PVP and making @Melodie do a lot of forging for me. I was thinking L3 Bow.
  • L3 strength and Lupine bow. Yolo
  • is l3 strength worth?
  • Compared to the cost no, level 2 strength is alright though.
  • Strength scaling on the new specs seemed pretty low, so I'm not sure level three gauntlets would be worth the credits now. Lupine bow is decent. Worth getting an invincible mountable pet if you don't already have one.
  • Do artifacts have limitations of slots in any way, shape or form?

I just went and purchased enough credits on the credit market to reach what I've been aiming for. I have and use a critical hit pendant already, so if I get an Amulet of the Will, can I only wear one or the other (necessitating a need to get the Circlet instead), or can I wear both at the same time without issue? First time I'm coming up against the possibility of a conflict.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I know there's a conflict with dex boots and buckawn boots.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• You can wear a buckawn's amulet, an amulet of the will, a critical hit pendant and an aldar talisman all at the same time without issues.

Only conflicts I know of are dexterity and buckawn's boots (buy the amulet instead) and there's an annoying interaction between wearing Gloves of Harvesting and Gauntlets; you can only wear both if you wear Gauntlets first, though supposedly something is being worked out in that regard.
  • edited January 2015
    Leviticus said:
    is l3 strength worth?
    level 3 (and even level 2) stuff is really not worth it if you're min-maxing stats.  What makes them really worth it is if you balance out your stats for classes that can actually use them (like monk, paladin, priest, serpent and a few others).  You get more total "stats" out of 17str, 17int than you get from 21str, 13 int.  For classes that only (significantly) use one stat, it's not really worth it, but you're just going to end up buying it anyways =/.

stat arties basically allow you to use alternate racial specs without sacrificing anything.  In serpent, for example, I have level 3 boots, so I can hit my dstab cap at 16, but I'm fully spec'd for str for backstab damage.  This wouldn't be possible without boots - normally serpents have to put every stat they can get their hands on into Dex.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited January 2015
    @Ernam, based on what you've said above, would a bard be better off as

1. Xoran Vanquisher (str 15, dex 11, con 12, int 11)
    2. Xoran Ward (str 13, dex 10, con 14, int 12)

assuming level 2 gauntlets and the trait that gives +1 int to give
    1. 17 / 11/ 12 / 12
    2. 15 / 10 / 14 / 13

Would this change with level 2 belt for +2 con? (I already have level 2 bracelet)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited January 2015

It all comes down to what you want to do and your playstyle.  Personally I don't think str matters for a bard at all (particularly for a dragon who would presumably never use lesserform to bash), since (IMO) bard combat is all about locks.

When I say "balanced" stats are "better" I'm just saying you're getting more effective stats due to less total dim. returns.  This isn't necessarily better if you aren't going to use the stats.

Personally, however, I put a really high value on Int (much higher than most other people, I think), because of its impact on max mana, mana regen, mana sip %, and willpower/wp regen.  Something to keep in mind here is that unlike health damage attacks, almost everything in the game that uses Mana is a fixed amount, so as your max mana increases, the % usages drops proportionally.  For example, you can easily go from 8% for a focus down to 3% mana for a focus, which is less than regen.  To me this is way more valuable than getting 340 more health, but only lowering actual damage taken (in PVP) by like 0.5% or something barely even perceptible.  I do buy bracelets (but again, mainly for the mana), and I do buy Con, but mainly for higher limb damage HP, so they're still both good to have.

I also focus a lot more on defensive attributes than offensive, since stats never (with the exception of dstab) affect affliction output rate.  You can't kill people if you're dead and all.
  • Antonius said:
    You can wear a buckawn's amulet, an amulet of the will, a critical hit pendant and an aldar talisman all at the same time without issues.

Only conflicts I know of are dexterity and buckawn's boots (buy the amulet instead) and there's an annoying interaction between wearing Gloves of Harvesting and Gauntlets; you can only wear both if you wear Gauntlets first, though supposedly something is being worked out in that regard.
    Isn't there also a negative interaction between aldar diadem and.. Like helm of telepathy or something? Maybe not helm, but I could have sworn there was a negative interaction with some artefact that most people never get anyhow, which is why aldar talisman is the generally preferred option.
  • Rispok said:
    Antonius said:
    You can wear a buckawn's amulet, an amulet of the will, a critical hit pendant and an aldar talisman all at the same time without issues.

Isn't there also a negative interaction between aldar diadem and.. Like helm of telepathy or something? Maybe not helm, but I could have sworn there was a negative interaction with some artefact that most people never get anyhow, which is why aldar talisman is the generally preferred option.
    Circlet of will?
  • @Nexes I was under the impression that artefact conflicts were removed, at least with each other.  Probably doesn't apply to artefacts vs other items (like boots, hats, etc), though, and I can't remember where I heard that so it might not be entirely accurate.

However, I have "everything", and I have no conflicts, so I'd say it's all working out well enough.
  • I am Sylvan. Suggest artefacts for me. Also does anyone know if you can even trade gloves of extraction for gloves of harvesting?

Currently owned:
    an Aldar talisman
    a Shield of Absorption
    Varniis, a Notic water dragon (mount)
    a Ceylonese bracelet
    a glittering ring of vitality
    a Ceylonese ring
    a pair of Landstrider's boots
    a Collar of Ceylon
    a Stygian pendant
    a glittering fishscale tunic
    a Veil of the Sphinx
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Tahquil, I don't know for sure but I'd always message @Tecton to ask if something like that is possible.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I've always gotten obnoxious cap feedback from wearing too many rings. Then it's like 'wear endurance' 'You cannot wear that so long as a ring with an icewall inscription remains on your body.' Then I gotta do ii wear and pick out all the conflicting shit.
  • Tahquil said:
    I am Sylvan. Suggest artefacts for me. Also does anyone know if you can even trade gloves of extraction for gloves of harvesting?

Currently owned:
    an Aldar talisman
    a Shield of Absorption
    a Ceylonese bracelet
    a Ceylonese ring
    a Collar of Ceylon
    a Stygian pendant
    a Veil of the Sphinx
    Mana regen ring, willpower circlet and mana sip ring are pretty useful as a Sylvan(maybe a sash and quarterstaff too).

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    Tahquil said:
    I am Sylvan. Suggest artefacts for me. Also does anyone know if you can even trade gloves of extraction for gloves of harvesting?

Currently owned:
    an Aldar talisman
    a Shield of Absorption
    a Ceylonese bracelet
    a Ceylonese ring
    a Collar of Ceylon
    a Stygian pendant
    a Veil of the Sphinx

I'd get a girdle next (+con) and then at least a level 2 sash. The Yggdrasian Splinter is good if you PvP because you can grove port without losing your staff and it holds more energy.
  • Circlet of the Will
    Collar of Diablerie -> Agatheis
    Bracelet
  • When borrowing arties*
  • Grandue said:
    Mizik said:
    I've always gotten obnoxious cap feedback from wearing too many rings. Then it's like 'wear endurance' 'You cannot wear that so long as a ring with an icewall inscription remains on your body.' Then I gotta do ii wear and pick out all the conflicting shit.
    Enchant your arty rings with icewall/resistances. That is what I did.

And be sure to put cold resist on your prismatic ring, just to see if Achaea explodes.