Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Artefact questions and discussion

1131416181922

Comments

  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 2015
    So I now have 1500 credits, I was going to buy a Lyre and a Lupines but then I started thinking, How useful is a Lupines on a Paladin really?

    So What should I get with 1500 credits.

    I have
    3 Earrings
    1 Tuning Fork
    4 Pipes
    1 Lv2 Sip ring
    1 Buckawns Amulet
    1 Gem of Cloaking
    1 Eagle wings
    1 Ring of Flying
    1 Lv2 Bracelet
    1 Pack
    1 Hunter's belt
    1 lv3 longsword

    Also have the devo chain and scrying bowl.

    Was considering switching to serpent (which the bow would be good) but other wise im kinda like meh. With targeted arc I don't really need the talisman anymore, Lifeivison would be awesome but 800 credits to see serpents might be a bit much, SoA seems to slow to use even with a lv3 longsword. 

    Help please ._.

    Edit: Also for the record I have 20 strength with inspr and fury so I don't really think I need -moar- strength
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Jumped the bucket and already got a lupines so 500 credits left O_O DO I GET A LYRE?
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,941 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bagpipes are better >.>
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    Prythe
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caladbolg said:
    Jumped the bucket and already got a lupines so 500 credits left O_O DO I GET A LYRE?
    Give them to me!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    YaeExelethril
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Jumped the bucket and already got a lupines so 500 credits left O_O DO I GET A LYRE?
    Give them to me!
    They bound already :o
  • JovoloJovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Get a lyre, they're very good (and cost effective)
    Caladbolg
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jovolo said:
    Get a lyre, they're very good (and cost effective)
    I actually very rarely use my lyre, because you can't heal up or cure when it's up. If you're being LoS'd in a raid situation, shield is better

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Caladbolg
  • JovoloJovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2015
    He's Team Good.

    Revit, ally hands, rite of healing. It's great for 1v1 and group, and has a lot of tactical use. Being LoS'd by a Dragon + others is one situation where should could be better
    Caladbolg
  • SilvarienSilvarien Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 2015
    Klendathu said:
    Jovolo said:
    Get a lyre, they're very good (and cost effective)
    I actually very rarely use my lyre, because you can't heal up or cure when it's up. If you're being LoS'd in a raid situation, shield is better
    @Klendathu : Lyre has a lot of advantages, but there is one overwhelming one as regards to hunting: it stops nearly all denizens. If you're hunting, and you are in really deep shit, Lyre yourself and you're out of deep shit. Even if you have just a Boar tattoo, your life will come back, if you're using health regen of whatever sort, that's even better. And part of the benefit is you can stop and think about your situation and how to get out of it.

    If you never go hunting, yeah, think of just the other benefits. If you do hunt, it's something to consider. 500 cr for Lyre is a really good value. Most excellent arties cost a lot more.
    AusterePrytheShirszaeAereidhna
  • SilvarienSilvarien Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 2015
    Caladbolg said:
    So I now have 1500 credits, I was going to buy a Lyre and a Lupines but then I started thinking, How useful is a Lupines on a Paladin really?

    So What should I get with 1500 credits.

    I have
    3 Earrings
    1 Tuning Fork
    4 Pipes
    1 Lv2 Sip ring
    1 Buckawns Amulet
    1 Gem of Cloaking
    1 Eagle wings
    1 Ring of Flying
    1 Lv2 Bracelet
    1 Pack
    1 Hunter's belt
    1 lv3 longsword

    Also have the devo chain and scrying bowl.

    Was considering switching to serpent (which the bow would be good) but other wise im kinda like meh. With targeted arc I don't really need the talisman anymore, Lifeivison would be awesome but 800 credits to see serpents might be a bit much, SoA seems to slow to use even with a lv3 longsword. 

    Help please ._.

    Edit: Also for the record I have 20 strength with inspr and fury so I don't really think I need -moar- strength
    @Caladbolg : I'd talk to @Antidas about it to get a clearer picture with serpent, but yeah, 1500 cr is lvl 3 bow and that's really powerful. It's something tons of people recommended it to me whatever class I was. I remember I was in raid defense, @Antidas parked one room away and three enemies went down in like not-too-many seconds. Like dominoes. If you're absolutely set against the bow, I can do some thinking, but it's never bad to have that, and it'll stay powerfully offensive even if later you switch to a class that normally doesn't allow bows, which with multiclass you'll likely be doing. Just my two cents.
  • SasiyaSasiya Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Just logged into Achaea for the first time in a while. Currently playing as Runewarden, and I honestly have no idea what I should pick in terms of weaponry. I have a morphling weapon, shield of absorption, and two soulpiercers (and a level 3 bow), but from what I was told, Knights no longer use rapiers.

    I actually picked two handed specialisation because it just seems awesome, and was genuinely disappointed when I was told I couldn't use a Sidhe halberd to carve stuff up. I could swap specialisation if it's adviceable (currently have 2,250 membership credits I haven't used, although some will likely go towards relearning my old tradeskills), but I don't want to swap my rapiers for weapons that I won't be using. I might just end up trading them in. Could be useful to have them if Achaea ever implements some version of multiclassing.

    So! Should I swap my rapiers for some other Knight weapon? Trade them in?

    Also, slightly relevant to my post: anyone feel like just posting a sentence or two about each of the weaponmastery specialisations and their perks (good for combat, good for levelling, etc)?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Sasiya you should still be able to trade your rapiers in for equal quality other knight artefact weapons
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

  • SasiyaSasiya Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited March 2015
    Tharvis said:
    @Sasiya you should still be able to trade your rapiers in for equal quality other knight artefact weapons
    I am aware, but since I already have a morphling weapon, it seems redundant (I can swap it between any level 3 artifact weapon), especially if I'm sticking with two handed. I'm asking because I'm unsure whether it's favourable to have more than one set of weapons  at the same time (i.e a two-handed blunt and a two-handed cutting), or if it's viable to have two one-handed cutting blades even if my specialisation is something like sword and shield.

    Also, I don't want to get a scimitar because I like scimitars, and then be told by everyone that scimitars suck for combat or whatever.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rapiers can only be used by bards, so you won't ever need 2, even if you multiclass as a bard. Dual cutting with scimitars is the closest you'll get to pre changes knight. Anecdotal evidence is either 2h or S&B are the way to go, although that might change with time as the specialisations bed in and get adjusted. You will need both types of weapon for each specialisation to be able to use all of the abilities to their best, but you could probably get away with just one set to begin with (although if you choose either 2h or S&B, you've already got one of the weapons in your morphing weapon).

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • SasiyaSasiya Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Okay. This is a bit silly, but what the heck is S&B? 'ab weaponry specialise' lists two handed, sword and shield, dual cutting, and dual blunt, and your acronym doesn't fit either of those.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 5,040 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Level three scimitars are awesome, but only useful if you pick dual cutting. Two handed and sword and shield don't really need two artefact weapons, so I wouldn't bother unless you've got a ton of credits to spare. Depends what other artefacts you have, might be better options for you to spend them on.

    Couple of things to note:
    We will be getting multiclass at some point, but don't know a lot else.

    There will probably be an artefact to switch knight spec at some point.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    sword and shield got dubbed as S&B, Sword and Board
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 2015
    Tharvis said:
    sword and shield got dubbed as S&B, Sword and Board
    I think that's a warcraft term although may be older than that. Sword and board was a popular slang for throwing a shield on a warrior going defensive stance and poping tank cooldowns to stay alive.

    Silvarien said:
    Caladbolg said:
    So I now have 1500 credits, I was going to buy a Lyre and a Lupines but then I started thinking, How useful is a Lupines on a Paladin really?

    So What should I get with 1500 credits.

    I have
    3 Earrings
    1 Tuning Fork
    4 Pipes
    1 Lv2 Sip ring
    1 Buckawns Amulet
    1 Gem of Cloaking
    1 Eagle wings
    1 Ring of Flying
    1 Lv2 Bracelet
    1 Pack
    1 Hunter's belt
    1 lv3 longsword

    Also have the devo chain and scrying bowl.

    Was considering switching to serpent (which the bow would be good) but other wise im kinda like meh. With targeted arc I don't really need the talisman anymore, Lifeivison would be awesome but 800 credits to see serpents might be a bit much, SoA seems to slow to use even with a lv3 longsword. 

    Help please ._.

    Edit: Also for the record I have 20 strength with inspr and fury so I don't really think I need -moar- strength
    @Caladbolg : I'd talk to @Antidas about it to get a clearer picture with serpent, but yeah, 1500 cr is lvl 3 bow and that's really powerful. It's something tons of people recommended it to me whatever class I was. I remember I was in raid defense, @Antidas parked one room away and three enemies went down in like not-too-many seconds. Like dominoes. If you're absolutely set against the bow, I can do some thinking, but it's never bad to have that, and it'll stay powerfully offensive even if later you switch to a class that normally doesn't allow bows, which with multiclass you'll likely be doing. Just my two cents.
    Got the bow already :P It's actually only 1000 credits if your class can shoot and other than meteors About worthless with the accuracy as other classes (imo at least)

    Jovolo said:
    He's Team Good.

    Revit, ally hands, rite of healing. It's great for 1v1 and group, and has a lot of tactical use. Being LoS'd by a Dragon + others is one situation where should could be better
    True but if the SoA only reduces my balance time by .1 seconds (which im thinking) then it is also added damage along with damage absorbition as well. but seeing as how no one else is using it im thinking it's not generally a good idea.


    I've also heard that @Tecton might allow folks to try out certain arties before purachsing like SoA >_> to see how it works with SnB <.< but how would I contact him to ask, as I don't usually need to talk to them.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 2015
    nvm im an idiot can message him


    The SoA comes in at 1.9 which is bearly a loss in balance time for the amount of defense it gives, Awsome

    Bought the lyre too though this SALE!
    Bluef
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,891 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caladbolg said:
    nvm im an idiot can message him


    The SoA comes in at 1.9 which is bearly a loss in balance time for the amount of defense it gives, Awsome

    Bought the lyre too though this SALE!
    Quoted the wrong thing but I'm on mobile, sword and board goes -waaaaaay- back to at least original DnD. Probably further, but that was my first exposure to it.
    Tharvis
  • NakariNakari Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    so, do we have any idea what the price increase on the SoA is going to be? I need to decide how many of them I need to be getting in anticipation of class changes/multiclass across my characters.
  • PrythePrythe Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Klendathu said:
    Jovolo said:
    Get a lyre, they're very good (and cost effective)
    I actually very rarely use my lyre, because you can't heal up or cure when it's up. If you're being LoS'd in a raid situation, shield is better
    If you use Svo their Lyre mode is mostly efficient for curing when using the lyre. It is manual to do so, but well worth the quick sip or apply, etc. to save your life.

    - To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it


  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,379 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You can actually automate lyre cure mode using Svo events.  I just have it echo when i should manual lyre cure now,  though. Never know when it could jack you up. 
  • PrythePrythe Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Austere, you mean you use LYC instead of LYR? I thought LYC was a one time cure?

    - To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it


  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,379 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    LYC is a one time cure and relyre in lyre mode. LYR is just lyre mode on.  I was saying you can use the events svo uses to use LYC when you are in lyre mode, afflicted or below max health,  on balance, and have the appropriate cure balances to use heal, with a fairly simple script.  
  • GerasGeras Member Posts: 28 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    A quick question, since I'm thinking of buying the Aldar thingy before the end of the month: diadem or talisman? What's the difference, really? Stacking issues? :no_mouth: 
  • LorielanLorielan Moderator Posts: 224 Immortal
    @Geras they are functionally identical, but some people do not wish their character to wear a diadem, and so the talisman exists.
    Geras
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    that and the diadem clashes worn-wise with other headgear, such as the tophat
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

  • GerasGeras Member Posts: 28 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Great, thanks! I'd rather wear a talisman of course, I just wasn't aware that it was strictly a fashion issue! :sunglasses: 
  • TaelTael Member Posts: 1,197 @ - Epic Achaean
    Does anyone know if formulation masks can be made permanent and/or customised?
Sign In to Comment.