What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• (X): You say, "Huh."
    (X): You say, "I just realized."
    (X): You say, "Me spending 400cr to get a ring of flying."
    (X): You say, "And getting 25cr off.."
    (X): You say, "Was kind of made moot if I just spent 25cr to move it to my pendant..."
    (X): You say, "... when i could have just bought it straight to my pendant for 400..."

I am not a smart dwarf. :(
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Frederich said:
    (X): You say, "Huh."
    (X): You say, "Was kind of made moot if I just spent 25cr to move it to my pendant..."
    (X): You say, "... when i could have just bought it straight to my pendant for 400..."

You still pay the extra 25cr if you buy the power straight to a different item

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Klendathu

You do..?

That's...  That feels wrong. :(
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Frederich said:
    @Klendathu

You do..?

That's...  That feels wrong. :(
    It's happened to me more than once, got faster_extraction power on my amulet, cost me 325 credits

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • It's a 25 credit fee to have the power on an item that's not what it's normally on, regardless of if you buy it directly or transfer it later. There's nothing wrong about that; it shouldn't be cheaper just because you didn't already own the artefact before the artefact powers system was released.

Could also be far worse. I paid 700 credits to transfer dashing from an anklet to boots a year or two before the artefact powers system was released.
  • Kresslack said:
    Today I stumbled into the Grukai Swamp...a place I can only relate to Australia, in that everything wants to kill you and seems quite well equipped to do so. I did not tarry overlong. 
    Dont forget that you cant understand a thing the natives are saying :)
  • Ryzeth said:
    If that's what you got issued for, running to forums to post and laugh about it doesn't really do anything but prove it to be true.

I'm sorry! I was just sharing what happened to me today. I thought that is what this thread is for. Also forum rules needs an update. Dont talk about issues period. Consent doesn't matter.

Maybe Josoul can be your housemate again! Good news  for you
  • Jonesey said:
    I'm sorry! I was just sharing what happened to me today.
    Even you aren't that clueless, lol.
  • edited March 2017
    Really annoys me when people try to pull our own RL advanced knowledge of the world...into Achaea that is built around the idea of a medieval era...

Shouting things like "It is thanks to trees that you are breathing fresh air" is most definitely not fitting in with the theme. If you want to push for the knowledge of photosynthesis to somehow become known knowledge, or even Gaia appearing and explaining how plants have the capability to use CO2 and produce O2 that is added to our atmosphere and is needed for us to breathe, then that is another story, however for now let's try and keep things to the norm.
  • @Asmodron  said:
    Really annoys me when people try to pull our own RL advanced knowledge of the world...into Achaea that is built around the idea of a medieval era...

Doesn't help that (slight exaggeration here to mock the 'millenial crowd') most people think wall-mounted phones were from the Paleolithic Era.  Or that computers used to have to be tethered to something larger than your hand...like, a wall, and a phone line. 

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Frederich said:

Never got the appeal of transferring the ring powers.  You actually want more rings that are non decay for resistances, icewall, firelash and firewall unless you are so artied and have the ice, fire bracers and the prismatic ring.  Heck if you wear gloves and gauntlets no one can see your rings.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Jonesey said:
    I'm sorry! I was just sharing what happened to me today.
    Even you aren't that clueless, lol.
    Sorry I am new to playing the forums, I usually keep everything ooc in game
  • edited March 2017
    Jonesey said:
    I usually keep everything ooc in game
    Not commenting on whats going on here since it has nothing to do with me and I couldn't care less.

I really just wanted to say how ironic I found this comment :P

• Achilles said:
    Frederich said:

Never got the appeal of transferring the ring powers.  You actually want more rings that are non decay for resistances, icewall, firelash and firewall unless you are so artied and have the ice, fire bracers and the prismatic ring.  Heck if you wear gloves and gauntlets no one can see your rings.
    Frost, Flame, Flying, Magus, endurance, Clarity, Vigour, prismatic.  Logosian Gauntlets and Gloves of Harvesting too.  Would love to have them all on one so I can be more naked.

• I like them on one item because it makes me feel special.

Sometimes I miss the "wow you have a lot of arties" comments from people who look at my desc, but I make up for that by pasting my artefact powers list to people. 

• Achilles said:
    Frederich said:

Wait.

You what

SUNUVA BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh well.  I have prismatic, Endurance Regen 2, Health Regen 1, Mana Regen 2, and some other stuff.  I just can't wear the wedding band, engagement ring, and my other rings all at once without taking a trait.  Which is why I cut down ((Also so I can hand out my arties more often to folks and do it with just 2 items instead of 15+))
  • Ahmet said:
    There are plenty of indicators that suggest Achaea is less medieval and more pre-industrial, which would be an appropriate timeframe for such knowledge.
    And let's not forget we have Alchemists, along with ancient Tsol'teth, and time travelling jesters from the future.

• Siduri said:
    Ahmet said:
    There are plenty of indicators that suggest Achaea is less medieval and more pre-industrial, which would be an appropriate timeframe for such knowledge.
    And let's not forget we have Alchemists, along with ancient Tsol'teth, and time travelling jesters from the future.

Those...really dont define advanced scientific concepts such as understanding how plants produce oxygen into our atmosphere that our bodies need to survive :/

Shouting such things will and should only be remarked with "What are you going on about?". If anything we should only assume the air we breathe comes from the Skylord, which is part of His realm. That is the only logical assumption to be made in our era.

If you look into history, Alchemists were never known for actual scientific fact. Yes our Alchemists in Achaea are able to actually influence the 'ether', use primes and the stars and actually make use of humors, but in reality the body was never 'balanced by the 4 humors'. So trying to draw on the fact that Alchemists exist in Achaea as they did in reality, is a pretty mute point.
  • And practically sentient clockwork mechanations.  ((literally an entire island of clockwork fuckery)

Laboratories which allow for people to concoct fancy sort of shit.

If anything, Achaea is pre-industrial/during industrial era with Eleusis being pre-pre-industrial that finds comfort in their old ways and hates new fangled things to the point of wanting to murder them.
  • Frederich said:
    And practically sentient clockwork mechanations.  ((literally an entire island of clockwork fuckery)

Laboratories which allow for people to concoct fancy sort of shit.

If anything, Achaea is pre-industrial/during industrial era with Eleusis being pre-pre-industrial that finds comfort in their old ways and hates new fangled things to the point of wanting to murder them.

True but that is all based on a more 'magical' quality. Clockwork is perhaps the only place you will ever find some form of advanced like machinery and even then you'll see it as of a magical quality. You'll notice a theme that most 'unusual' advanced technology that seems to appear or exist in Achaea, is shrouded in mystery and goes without explanation or simply is beyond us (such as Tsol'teth use of 'dna' to adjust and manipulate races).

Other mentions from before also all have magical basis:

Time travel? Based on chaos influencing time

Laboratories? Based on mixing/transmuting primes and creating mini-copies of you for future use

All in all we have definitely not even scratched the surface of advanced understanding we have today, and achaea still has ways to go.
  • Asmodron said:
    If anything we should only assume the air we breathe comes from the Skylord, which is part of His realm. That is the only logical assumption to be made in our era.
    Air is one of the five elements, which is more Agatheis' realm, but originates from the elemental plane of air and not from any particular god (aside from Ayar).
  • Minifie said:
    @jurixe had a pretty cool contest for mhaldorians to design mounts, and I am pretty psyched with my creations (not great but one I kind of want to withdraw and artefact pet it).
    We need more Jurixes. (Even if she nixed my palanquin-carried-by-four-orcs mount suggestion)
  • Sena said:
    Asmodron said:
    If anything we should only assume the air we breathe comes from the Skylord, which is part of His realm. That is the only logical assumption to be made in our era.
    Air is one of the five elements, which is more Agatheis' realm, but originates from the elemental plane of air and not from any particular god (aside from Ayar).

That's actually a very interesting discussion topic!

Is elemental air the wind around us or is it an aspect of said wind?

Is wind Vastar's realm or Agatheis?

In that said, which god is created with the air we breathe to live?
  • Ysela said:
    Minifie said:
    @jurixe had a pretty cool contest for mhaldorians to design mounts, and I am pretty psyched with my creations (not great but one I kind of want to withdraw and artefact pet it).
    We need more Jurixes. (Even if she nixed my palanquin-carried-by-four-orcs mount suggestion)
    Now I want that mount, athough I an picturing the orcs trampling someone while trying to keep the rider comfortable. 

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Ysela said:
    Minifie said:
    You just want people to carry you around while slaves bow and scrape at your feet.

(It was funny, but sadly did have to scrap it as it wasn't a mount!)
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs