What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Xaden said:
    Bet on everything to place.
    That guarantees you that you'll have three winning tickets, but I have seen few races where the two lowest place pays, and the lowest show pay, as up to that much.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited March 2017
    Xaden said:
    Bet on everything to place.

While this does guarantee you a win, you also have to take into consideration the heavy cost. You're wasting 8 tickets for the definite placing of 3. I've seen placing usually value at 4 to 10 credits (higher if you're lucky), so let's assume you got each with 8. You just won 24 credits for 8 tickets.

Let's say hypothetically you bet on the 8 to win. The chances of a crazy win are pretty insanely low, so you'll likely get the win that is most likely to happen, which I have observed can be as low as 6 credits.

No, you're best chances are to analyze the list, see the 3 most likely to place and bet on those. It is usually very apparent whom it will be (and personally if it is too evened out, I prefer waiting for more obvious results). That way you are using 3 tickets (or 4 if you are uncertain) for a very good chance for 24 credits or 16 (since you wont always get 3 placing). It is a far better trade.

Of course, if you are a gambling man, you can always just bet on the crazy highest reward and try to accomplish a Zulah.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Pretty sure the 1500cr to win odds are still the best to bet on.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited March 2017
    Today I learned that we are still able to learn a necromancy or devotion class from Certimene, as a citizen of Hashan. Quite interesting

(Yes I know the repercussions. Was merely a test).
  • Asmodron said:
    Today I learned that we are still able to learn a necromancy or devotion class from Certimene, as a citizen of Hashan. Quite interesting

(Yes I know the repercussions. Was merely a test).
    You just learned that, despite it being posted about at least a dozen times? 

Until Regi decides Hashan isn't allowed to. Or whoever's Seneschal these days.
  • What did I just read?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    What did I just read?
    The little chocolate bags you can get, if you eat them you are occasionally turned into a toad, but you can UNTOAD immediately and gives a hefty bit of experience, I've heard some people saying it's a few % even at 98-100, and you're seeing just that happening here, they were bumped to 99 from that XP bonus.
  • It's actually a flat 5%... I went from level 88 to 99.... Haters are going hate, and they have good reason to. Let the controversy begin.
  • Vercio said:
    It's actually a flat 5%... I went from level 88 to 99.... Haters are going hate, and they have good reason to. Let the controversy begin.
    Level 88 to 99 from one Chocolate?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Cost you credits while my 88-99 gained me more than 200 from gold from hunting. So opportunity cost, And I was happy with the time spent :D
  • edited March 2017
    I got issued!

EDIT: No posting ongoing issues on the forums.
  • Probably not the best idea to be posting that here. Other than posting issues, looks like the main problem might be using forums for IC info in the first place.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• i thought issues were ooc?
  • Last I heard, though, we aren't supposed to post issues to the forums. That may have changed, but I haven't heard otherwise.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Yeah, you can't post issues. That's also formatted horribly.

• oh, doesnt say that in help issue. anyway I got issued for being a cyber bully
  • So uhh... about how many chocolates would that take and what would that cost... you know, asking for a friend?
  • It's pretty common knowledge that posting issues is a big no, should be removed soon
  • yes, maybe to you with 1830 posts here, not me with my 18th post
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

4. No posting confidential materials.

This includes but is not limited to:

• Confidential guild/city information such as help files or private posts.
    • Any type of non-public documentation including, but not limited to, non-disclosure agreements and private Iron Realms employee or volunteer contact information.
    • Disclosing, discussing, speculating on, or hinting at alternate characters of any other player without his or her strict permission.
    • Posting, or paraphrasing, the text of another person's issue or issue reply without his or her explicit consent.

• There's this link on top that says forum rules, I expect that's what people are talking about?

https://www.achaea.com/forum-rules

• oh thanks for posting that, ill be sure to add it to my issue response
  • I've never read the rules, I just assumed golden rule applied any any else would be touch and go. CBA reading when I could be... reading in game!
  • edited March 2017
    In the immortal words of the wonderful and amazing Lorielan, "No." This falls under the don't be a jerk rule, forum rule 1.
  • If that's what you got issued for, running to forums to post and laugh about it doesn't really do anything but prove it to be true.

• @jurixe had a pretty cool contest for mhaldorians to design mounts, and I am pretty psyched with my creations (not great but one I kind of want to withdraw and artefact pet it).
  • Vadik said:
    So uhh... about how many chocolates would that take and what would that cost... you know, asking for a friend?
    like 300 pouches worth of chocolates. if not more. i didnt keep track.