What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Driden said:
    Datrius said:
    Yeah, except that's not so much why they issued. I personally didn't, but I can understand their frustration. The group had chosen to stop engaging you and pulled further back into Eleusis and you chose to send someone in to force the entire group up to clouds where your whole group was sitting with a totem waiting. That's gonna piss people off.
    Yeah but once a fight starts you don't get to say okay that's enough getting my ass beat. Finish what you start! Or you know be like me and phase
    You are literally the most amount of wrong it's possible for somebody to be.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Farrah said:
    Datrius said:
    Trey said:
    Aegoth said:
    @Zulah, my dear friend... you're a genius, but aren't kill rooms illegal?

Not a killroom, technically. He could have escaped if he'd known where to go. That looks like he panicked.
    Nah. I recognized the room as soon as I got there. Hidden room in Siroccians with a west exit. Tried to get out, but had no way to firelash since Avatar.

Tumble is a thing.
    And slipping on ice doesn't actually take balance if you're not mounted; dismount and you can spam a direction until it succeeds. Theoretically, frozen ground without a wall or Retardation is no hindrance at all.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Antonius said:
    Driden said:
    Datrius said:
    Yeah, except that's not so much why they issued. I personally didn't, but I can understand their frustration. The group had chosen to stop engaging you and pulled further back into Eleusis and you chose to send someone in to force the entire group up to clouds where your whole group was sitting with a totem waiting. That's gonna piss people off.
    Yeah but once a fight starts you don't get to say okay that's enough getting my ass beat. Finish what you start! Or you know be like me and phase
    You are literally the most amount of wrong it's possible for somebody to be.
    Not gonna dispute that. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Yeah, pulling a group out of their city to give 'em a sound thumping is just a dick move.

I'd wager there were as many unwilling combatants in the group as there were willing i.e. Those who engaged in the city because RP forces them to do so, to pull them all out to a place where you can't even get a sanction with the kills is just plain shitehawkery. And as long term players you know that already.

Even if the issues against you don't succeed you should know that you acted the cunt.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Wasn't there, so can't testify to the accuracy, but usually @Jhui / @Dunn are pretty good about making sure the opponent is still willing to fight.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited December 2016
    Jhui said:
    skirmished eleusis and got issued by 4 of them because they got outplayed :( feel bad for admin having to deal with this
    Ugh.
    edit: from the replies it sounds like you were being a dick Jhui! 
  • Wasnt there a rule against forcing uncommitted people into a raid situation?

I recall it came about when the ban hammer came down on killing random citizens to get siege status.
  • edited December 2016
    Pulled back into the city =/= standing south, up, south from the raid group. No one messaged any of us (I've said repeatedly that that's fine with me). Plus the issues got ruled in our favor so...

• Moving up to meteor to come back down and snipe/brs/lightning/bomb north does not equal giving up. That's why they were all still following Florence. Can't blame us for litanying Duanathar. You can blame them for not being able to handle it and issuing though. 

just so the story is straight. Issue was resolved pretty fast but feel bad for admin having to deal with a group like that consistently 
  • Remove wings wtf

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Eh. The two team ganks on me while I was bashing were pretty dickish, though.

Had one fun 1v1 with Seragorn and then just should've stayed in Targ, I guess.
  • edited December 2016
    There's some residual bitterness from the event IC, I'm sure. In reality, we just needed a player corpse for defiling and you were convenient. And bashing Quisalis. 

• edited December 2016
    Farrah said:
    Eh. The two team ganks on me while I was bashing were pretty dickish, though.

U were bashing quisalis. We wouldn't do that if you were bashing somewhere else (besides Thera/annwyn)
  • Jhui said:
    Farrah said:
    Eh. The two team ganks on me while I was bashing were pretty dickish, though.

U were bashing quisalis. We wouldn't do that if I were bashing somewhere else (besides Thera/annwyn)
    Noted. Didn't think it mattered where since I'm Mark and was told you just wanted my corpse.

Still think it's more fun to 1v1 in the open pk areas, though. 
  • A Vertani guard's limbs convulse uncontrollably.

You have slain a Vertani guard, retrieving the corpse.

A jagged crimson shard appears and clatters to the ground.

A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

You have found Red Dragon leather (level 3) talisman piece!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reddragonpieces

1 Red Dragon leather 3 Dragon reddragonleather

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    The journey of a thousand talisman pieces starts with a single step

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • is it actually a thousand? hmm... tooth, heart, leather, scale, claw, eye x64... 384.. plus 4 rares.. 388.. 6 colours... 2328 individual pieces
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Aegoth you're forgetting belly. It's 2712 total pieces.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Belly is the rare red dragon piece, not a common piece needed for every talisman.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Confucius say who care about precise number? Actual quote is thousand miles, not two thousand seven hundred and twelvety twelve

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Confucius say when mosquito land on testicle, realize there is always way to solve problem without violence

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Err, not belly. Bone.
    Huh. Neat.
  • ohh, bone, right!
  • Proficy said:

Driden has hung a logosmas golden stocking for you at The Champions' Bridge.

Driden tells you, "Good luck with that tyrannus. suffer for your gifts."

this is going to be fun! @driden

put one for exxia and aegoth to. lol. aegoth got his without much effort though.
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • edited December 2016
    Jhui said:
    Moving up to meteor to come back down and snipe/brs/lightning/bomb north does not equal giving up. That's why they were all still following Florence. Can't blame us for litanying Duanathar. You can blame them for not being able to handle it and issuing though. 

just so the story is straight. Issue was resolved pretty fast but feel bad for admin having to deal with a group like that consistently 
    issues are resolved quickly in your favor and you kill a lot of other players because you paid a lot of money, are friends with the people who run the game, and have put many more hours into this than the average person, not because you're correct on the merits of any of these cases or intrinsically more talented, lol. who are you kidding
  • Jhui said:
    Moving up to meteor to come back down and snipe/brs/lightning/bomb north does not equal giving up. That's why they were all still following Florence. Can't blame us for litanying Duanathar. You can blame them for not being able to handle it and issuing though. 

issues are resolved quickly in your favor and you kill a lot of other players because you paid a lot of money, are friends with the people who run the game, and have put many more hours into this than the average person, not because you're correct on the merits of any of these cases or intrinsically more talented, lol. who are you kidding
    Careful with this thought process.

Most of the people who are good at PK to that level can take off all the money and still win. Don't think that isn't the case.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Pretty sure @Jhui could beat my ass blindfolded and trueblind/deaf.

Also, not sure what happened here, but if people 'resigned' from a raid.. but were still following the raid defense leader (who can't remember to remove his wings)... You know something is up and someone is lyin.

Anyways.

Opened a extravagant stocking.  Not seeing the extravagance JUST yet.
  • @Atalkez, show me a world where when planning group combat tactics I don't have to factor in veils, miasma vengeance, earring networks, crucible, bracers of frost (freeze ground), non monks/BMs with mindnet, wings to places most people can't chase to like duanatharan, duanatharic or the custom ones, boomerangs that pick off anyone who forgets mass, significantly faster base EQ on every single ability that uses it, web tattoos that don't work at all, lyres that basically only the dragons in the group who can blast them can get through, wands that buy a solid 10-15s of breathing room every hour, gems that mean you have to kill people 3+ times in short succession before they're truly out of the fight, 3-room movement before "don't be hasty" kicks in, rune sketching in water environments, etc. 

that world looks a lot different. those are all arties that change the landscape of tactical possibilities for people who have them - this doesn't even start to mention things like the +3 INT, +20% magic damage hound/warp combos that let people do half health on dragons with 8k hp, and other offensive/defensive arties that just change tanking and dishing capacity in smaller ways that are individually perhaps unnoticeable but collectively add up.

many of the people we're thinking of will obviously still win 1v1 in many cases, but no way do they run over people and factions in group combat (and group combat that is forced on other people) in the way they can now with all those extra abilities.

oh I forgot to add in the above, a large chunk of the best people play together because they're afraid to play against each other - that would be hard mode and there would be risk of not destroying noobs every night.

I think you and anyone else who likes to play the apologist for their supposedly massive skill levels is just being a little bit dishonest with themselves about it.