What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Antonius said:
    Considering how quickly people can do 1 to 99, that doesn't really seem so bad...
    It's a lot more than that thanks to the big XP jump at 130 and on from there.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Is it actually called Penwizian Fortitude.
  • Armali said:
    Is it actually called Penwizian Fortitude.
    Yep.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• edited November 2016
    We should have a naming contest. 

20th level of AutoBash.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited November 2016
    Guessing those of us with "bashing assistants" (:D) find bashing too boring in the long run. (for lvls that high) Because.. looking at a screen filled with text and entering commands now and then to change rooms, areas, stay alive gets boring fast.
  • I really enjoyed the early stages of the Tide, because you had to put effort in to stay alive (well, I did, anyway).

Then bashing as Avatar for corpses was awesome, because a) it was tough, and b) you had to keep an eye out for gank squads.

But in general, bashing is quite boring as you are almost never in danger of dying.

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited November 2016
    Sarathai said:
    Prythe said:
    20th level of AutoBash.... 
    I actually don't use a bashing script. I have maybe half a dozen basic triggers to switch target based on what I see in a room on squint/entry/appearance (only for certain things in particular areas though), but everything else (including battlerage management) is me sitting at the keyboard, typing in my targeting and attack aliases.
    I don't feel as if I auto bash - surely die too much for me to be automated! I do have some "assistance" as Rangor noted. A bit more than my early days when I had my alias "kill" (before the game had it) and would

st thing
    kill
    kill
    kill
    dh 
    kill
    nw
    st thing
    kill

Then I had an auto sipper for health!

And dor for kill!

Was in heaven!

Yeah, I have a bit more now, especially on the curing side. But I stay involved and invested in what I am doing.

But I do think the folks who are using, or did have, systems which allows for:

1. Go make gold
    2. Alert me when done

And they they would wander off doing whatever they did in the non-Achaean lives.

Went a bit too far.

How can that even be an accomplishment which is meaningful?

Sure - it's a great coding accomplishments. Brag to coders what a great coder you are! You deserve plaudits. OOC plaudits.

But that doesn't give IC bragging rights.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• As of September I'm about as automated bashing as you can be without being able to walk away from my keyboard and autobash.

I have Keneanung's basher that she helped me pull just the targeting part out of, and helped me make a function that calls an attack based on that target list changing. So assuming I've bashed an area before, all I do is move between rooms and make sure I'm not dying (which is kind of easy to do as a serpent in high end areas, even fully artied).

I actually had to turn that part off during the tide shrine bashing or I could have gotten in trouble.

• When you stand for too long in desert and the heat gets to you.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/t_Q_gnFC

But really, I think I broke something. I used the command survey region <comm> at the stronghold and I received output. This happened with commodities rawgems, ironore, and platinumore.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    People started getting wise to boosted doom. I be sad.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Oh, also was the first person to enter the Underrealm. Much as I hate the sudden ending (and the tease in the fortress), <3@Makarios and @Nicola and whoever else helped. Cause you're all awesome. Rave to all of you for being incredible.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Credits currently available for purchase:
          51 credits at 10000 gold per credit.
          27 credits at 10074 gold per credit.
         100 credits at 10100 gold per credit.
         224 credits at 10208 gold per credit.
         337 credits at 10256 gold per credit.
    Total credits for sale: 739 shown (739 total)  (Average sale price: 9926)
    Use CREDITS BUY <number> AT <max gold per credit> to purchase.
    It finally reached five digits.

• Well, at least's it's still on the low side compared to the other IREs.  :#
     <3 
  • Xaden said:
    I really enjoyed the early stages of the Tide, because you had to put effort in to stay alive (well, I did, anyway).

Then bashing as Avatar for corpses was awesome, because a) it was tough, and b) you had to keep an eye out for gank squads.

But in general, bashing is quite boring as you are almost never in danger of dying.

I'm working to fix this problem for you!
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Driden said:
    Xaden said:
    I really enjoyed the early stages of the Tide, because you had to put effort in to stay alive (well, I did, anyway).

I'm working to fix this problem for you!
    I just wish you'd stick around to duke it out afterwards :(

• Mathilda said:
    Well, at least's it's still on the low side compared to the other IREs.  :#
    Gold generation in the other IRE muds is much, much higher.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Cooper said:
    Mathilda said:
    Gold generation has been nerfed in Achaea (at least in part) to try to keep the credit market under control. Doesn't appear to have worked, although the tide spawns dropping 3k+ gold didn't really help matters!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Cooper said:
    Mathilda said:
    I haven't found that to be the case at all, personally.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • There's also the fact that Achaea has a far higher population than the other IREs, which can mean that there are more people who buy credits (and thus supply the market).

Considering November's promotion doesn't supply a lot of credits to the market (and the increased gold due to Tide mobs), the uptick in credit prices isn't too surprising. Hopefully December will be better! :)
     <3 
  • Honestly, I don't think it really matters if you put 20 or 20,000 credits into the market for sale. They're all going to sell for ~10k, and people are still going to want more credits, so the price isn't going to drop.
  • People keep thinking that it's gold generation that's driving the market up. lols
  • Time for a gold only auction. Better be some stupid good stuff too.
  • Mathilda said:
    There's also the fact that Achaea has a far higher population than the other IREs, which can mean that there are more people who buy credits (and thus supply the market).

Considering November's promotion doesn't supply a lot of credits to the market (and the increased gold due to Tide mobs), the uptick in credit prices isn't too surprising. Hopefully December will be better! :)
    That's exactly it. 

Credit prices had fluctuated between 5500-6600 for several real life years (at least 5).

Then IRE started doing the awesome globe/talisman/giftbag promotions that increases their revenue but decreases credits coming into the game. In the last year credit prices have gone up over 60%, or about 4k each.

But one person within IRE decided the problem was too much gold generation, particularly on the top end, and then created the gold cap instead of creating more things to spend gold on or introducing more credits to the market. 

• The gold cap is a good thing, imo, no matter how it does or does not affect the credit market.

One of the problems that every IRE game has run into is the fact that bashing is basically just an infinite gold generator and that you can't have both an infinite gold generator and anything that even resembles a game economy.  A system that lets you run a gold generation script for 12+ hours a day while you watch netflix or work or whatever on your other monitor is a broken system. It's not good for the game when you can crank out that much gold every day for basically no work on the part of the player. 

Aetolia handled this by crippling gold drops from all bashing so that autobashing was no longer the most rewarding way to generate gold. Imperian handled this by sticking their head under the sand and pretending very hard that it wasn't a problem(which is how they wound up with credits at 19k each).

Achaea's method of handling this is the best, honestly. Bashing is still a rewarding method of gold generation. This is important because bashing is simple and easy and widely available and there's no issues with having to learn quests or whatnot. It just ceases to be as rewarding at a reasonable point so that the small outlier group of powerbashers don't gain excessive advantage from it. 
  • Can we not do the gold cap conversation again?

The admin, at this stage, know our opinion on it and are unlikely to do anything about it to just to shut us up.

• Nazihk said:
    The gold cap is a good thing, imo, no matter how it does or does not affect the credit market.

One of the problems that every IRE game has run into is the fact that bashing is basically just an infinite gold generator and that you can't have both an infinite gold generator and anything that even resembles a game economy.  A system that lets you run a gold generation script for 12+ hours a day while you watch netflix or work or whatever on your other monitor is a broken system. It's not good for the game when you can crank out that much gold every day for basically no work on the part of the player. 

Aetolia handled this by crippling gold drops from all bashing so that autobashing was no longer the most rewarding way to generate gold. Imperian handled this by sticking their head under the sand and pretending very hard that it wasn't a problem(which is how they wound up with credits at 19k each).

Achaea's method of handling this is the best, honestly. Bashing is still a rewarding method of gold generation. This is important because bashing is simple and easy and widely available and there's no issues with having to learn quests or whatnot. It just ceases to be as rewarding at a reasonable point so that the small outlier group of powerbashers don't gain excessive advantage from it. 
    That's fine and all, but the prices of credits have gone up a large amount even with the gold cap. It is not working.

If it was working, we wouldn't have 10k credits right now.

They would be past 11k easily of a few of the people with large amounts of gold decided to buy credits off the market.