What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2016
    I almost forgot why I was ready for the event to end.

Sweet, sweet tears. oh how I've missed you.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited December 2016
    pretty sure anyone could beat frederich's ass blindfolded, so don't know why he's flattering people here lol
  • edited December 2016

oh I forgot to add in the above, a large chunk of the best people play together because they're afraid to play against each other - that would be hard mode and there would be risk of not destroying noobs every night.

This nearly destroyed my game.  Hell.  It DID destroy my game.  I was on the guilty side, too.  No one wanted to leave.  A lot of it was just that people liked each other, although I can see how that could be hard to believe from the other side.  That said, if this is the case, your best bet is to refuse to engage of you're really that outmatched on a regular basis.  Give them plenty of time to them reconsider what they're bringing to fights (a lot times it really is mostly excellent combat leadership/skills all clumped into one unbeatable team even more than it is about arties, with a few good artie derps sprinkled in maybe, and people understandably get super tired of that eventually). 
  • it's florence, can't reason with him.

gotta love his meltdowns, though.  need bonko for some real housewife gifs.
  • I'm just so happy that I managed to kill @Jhui , let me stay 75 while we were fighting you guys, was really fun by the way

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • pretty sure anyone could beat frederich's ass blindfolded, so don't know why he's flattering people here lol
    omg ur avoiding th ignore that u put on me.

Issue florentino "avoding ignorez 2 harass me"

That aside.  Stockings got upgraded... Guess I have to go ask a GM now???
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    sweet christ what is this

did i wake up in 2005?
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Lylith said:
    What's that quote in @Omor's signature from @Dunn? Oh right:

git gud.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Aodfionn said:
    sweet christ what is this

did i wake up in 2005?
    I was thinking the same thing and wondering if there was an actual time warp. 

• What happened in 2005?
  • Aodfionn said:
    did i wake up in 2005?
    More like, a little bit of 2005 fell into a timewarp and ended up here.
  • Who's turn is it to ruin Christmas this year? #AchaeanChristmasTraditions
  • Datrius said:
    Who's turn is it to ruin Christmas this year? #AchaeanChristmasTraditions
    Mine
  • Aegoth said:
    Datrius said:
    Mine
    Yeah @Aegoth called dibs back at the NYC meet. 
  • Jhui said:
    What happened in 2005?
    In 2005:
    • Youtube was created.
    • Hurricane Katrina struck the United States.
    • Angela Merkel became Chancellor of Germany.
    • Benedict XVI succeeded John Paul II as Pope.
    • I skipped a Japanese language expo to go with my friends to see Samuel L Jackson get force lightninged out a window in Star Wars Episode 3: The Least Bad One.
    • Gorillaz released Demon Days.
    • Destiny's Child disbanded, unleashing Beyonce upon the world.
    • Doctor Who battled the living plastic Autons of the Nestene Consciousness in the first episode of the show's modern revival.
    • All locks in Achaea temporarily ceased to function. Ignoring Divine orders not to take advantage of this, Cain traipsed through some stockrooms and picked up what he found there. Shortly thereafter he was stationed at North of Thera by a wrathful Sarapis, outfitted in a dress, and forced to hand out his inventory to passers-by.
    • Occultist gremlins and sycophants were discovered to be firing twice as fast as intended, little bastards.
    • The Vertani invasion of Sapience progressed, following @Szanthax and Xtassy killing their emissaries back in 2014.
    • Makali became lead producer of Achaea, succeeding Sarapis and working alongside Clementius.
    • XP loss from being dead was cut by 75%, and XP loss from praying was cut by 66%, in a move that would forever satisfy a playerbase averse to perceived loss.
    • Autoclass was implemented to mixed delight and dismay.
    Autoclass?

• You consolidate the objects into a group of 4 candycanes.
    5993h,5317m,26160e,21120w|cexkdbw-||0.7|||promo tradein candycane
    That does not belong to you.

You split a group of 4 candycanes (in your inventory) evenly into 4 groups of 1.

5993h,5317m,26160e,21120w|cexkdbw-||0.7|||promo tradein candycane
    That does not belong to you.

You say, "Well then."
    5993h,5317m,26160e,21120w|cexkdbw-||0.7|||

• One of those for every year of Achaea existence would be awesome 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Jespar said:
    Autoclass?
    Back in the days of yore, Guilds controlled classes in Achaea, and there was one Guild for every class. In order to become able to transcend a class, you had to get past a certain guild rank. Guilds were especially stringent about their requirements to achieve that process, bogging you down for months, even years, in often needlessly tedious, multiple-page essay tasks, knowledge, and understanding of whatever topics happened to be related to said class (forestals are a good example here).

Sarapis eventually got wind of this (and how many people were qqing due to it) and said "fuck that noise" and created Certimene, who would allow anyone to pick up any class they wished at any time, and being able to become transcendent depended on how long you've been playing (certain amount of hours) and having reached a certain level (and lessons, of course). Because this also opened the doors for all classes in all cities, this sent the world into some pretty crazy lowercase-c chaos.

It was both a very popular and very disliked move due to the "it dilutes our rp!" stuff.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Jhui said:
    it's always playtime
    Haven't you guys geard? Jhui gets alerts from Achaea's admin when shit is going down.

• Caelan said:
    Jhui said:
    it's always playtime
    Haven't you guys geard? Jhui gets alerts from Achaea's admin when shit is going down.
    I always imagined him sitting in a dark server room and a red light flashing on the wall when he's needed to stir the pot...  

• Datrius said:
    @Dunn @Jhui

I turn 33 on Christmas Eve. What's the likelihood of a Christmas Raid?