What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Yea, I'm immensely disappointed with Ashtan's childish and immature attitude. It really puts a damper on things, and wakes you up when you realise everyone's right about Jhui and co being toxic for the game
  • 6% off a vengeance kill on Jhui  B)

• Ashtan upset that you took their relics?

Relinquish them all, if you're lucky, they might get dropped off to Kemnast or some underworld denizen, never to be seen until the UW is back.  (or until someone complains to admins that they can't get their relics back.)

Sorry that you guys had to go through that crap, events are pretty awesome to have happen, but a 3+ hour raid (which is really just shitty and uncalled for.) is just silly.
  • Wasn't Seragorn part of Mhaldor's Eleusis raid?

(Log just reads that he was part of the raiding group, admittedly. I haven't been able to log in today.)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2016
    I think those logs just auto add all enemies in city limits? He wasn't "with" our group or in our party, suffice to say. Must have been sneaking around the city at the time or being mischievous in some manner.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Sarathai said:
    Wasn't Seragorn part of Mhaldor's Eleusis raid?

(Log just reads that he was part of the raiding group, admittedly. I haven't been able to log in today.)
    He just popped up to sell us his wares. Like one of those shady back alley merchants
  • edited December 2016
    Melodie said:
    I think those logs just auto add all enemies in city limits?
    I don't think they have ever done that - they're always written by people via writelog. If you mean "X have destroyed..." then no, those never specify names.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I don't want any crap talking or rude speech Ashtan's way, guys. Just was me being frustrated to tears and needing a bit of a vent, admittedly could of gone to rants. So @Nicola or @Makarios can edit/remove that if they so choose. I just lost a lot of passion for Achaea by doing too much at once, and I'm working my way into it, and as @Mhaldor can probably back up, I haven't been much RP-sy lately and am not around much unless Alrena is. I've been trying to be around after hours and make more an effort towards RPing, and I finally did an event and sadly A-team was just bored tonight. Let's move on, it's out of my system, we're all friends. We all knew this would happen after the Coalition anyways, A-team just back to their usual antics. :)
    Sarathai said:
    Melodie said:
    I think those logs just auto add all enemies in city limits?
    I don't think they have ever done that - they're always written by people via writelog. If you mean "X have destroyed..." then no, those never specify names.
    You're right, I was confusing the opposite log which shows peeps on our end, my bad. Probably what Aegoth said then!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Aegoth said:
    Sarathai said:
    Wasn't Seragorn part of Mhaldor's Eleusis raid?

He just popped up to sell us his wares. Like one of those shady back alley merchants
    WEEEELCOME! GOT A SELECTION OF GOOD THINGS ON SALE, STRANGER! -- The Merchant from Resident Evil

Yeah. He just came in to do some commerce and to sell Suzuno food. Nothing to see here.
  • We had fun. Our fun matters, too.

Didn't realize you were trying to do an event, just thought you didn't want to fight, so we bunkered down and got our guard revenge.  Simple as that.  If you want to take it any other way, that's entirely on you.

also, we don't care about the relics, they are just a great excuse to raid

also, I realize forum sympathy is going to side with Kythra and I'm okay with that.  I feel bad for her, too, but at the same time, I'm glad my side had some fun.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Yeah, but the part that makes you an ass is that all you care about is your side's fun.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • that's a blessing and a curse.  people care so much about other people's feelings they literally sit afk and do nothing
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    There is a happy medium, you know.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • it's not always happy there.  Sometimes you gotta raid, ya know?
  • Can Targ just not engage A-Team when they try to raid?  I have a feeling their RP demands it, but I'd be awfully tempted to ignore that for a bit if I felt my org was being used as a Pinata (being raided regularly, for hours on end, and being mostly outclassed every time).  Even if you like fighting and your org is built around it as an idea, I think it's valid to say "nope" sometimes.  And just not rewarding behavior you don't approve of can send a strong message, especially if you stick to it for a bit.
  • we're not just stomping people, we're just raiding and dying a lot, then sometimes winning
    edited December 2016
    Jhui said:
    that's a blessing and a curse.  people care so much about other people's feelings they literally sit afk and do nothing
    Except we weren't AFK. We were carrying on with Kythra's event and purposefully ignoring you, as has been explained numerous times, including in an above post, and on a couple different clans.

Edit: To be clear, I had no problem with the initial bit of raiding. We put in a good two solid hours of routing you out, and then asked you to stop, because we had other things we needed to do (Kythra was getting some House tasks out of the way today, and still had another one to do that required extended talking). Our only problem is that even though it was made clear to you, both mechanically and verbally, that we were done and were moving on, it wasn't enough to you. It has to be your way or the highway, all of the time, until you are done, and never before.

That's the only time I take issue. And I will always take issue with it, until you learn and stop, which I don't expect at this point.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    technically you are stomping them because you are winning by having way more fun.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Melodie said:
    Jhui said:
    that's a blessing and a curse.  people care so much about other people's feelings they literally sit afk and do nothing
    Except we weren't AFK. We were carrying on with Kythra's event and purposefully ignoring you, as has been explained numerous times, including in an above post, and on a couple different clans.
    that afk snippet wasn't directed at you guys during that time.  It was a general comment about people not being aggressors because they're afraid it'll hurt some feelings.  I guess i said that kind of vaguely.
  • Kiskan said:
    Can Targ just not engage A-Team when they try to raid?  I have a feeling their RP demands it, but I'd be awfully tempted to ignore that for a bit if I felt my org was being used as a Pinata (being raided regularly, for hours on end, and being mostly outclassed every time).  Even if you like fighting and your org is built around it as an idea, I think it's valid to say "nope" sometimes.  And just not rewarding behavior you don't approve of can send a strong message, especially if you stick to it for a bit.
    Idk if you have a targ alt and were online for that raid a little bit ago or if you were just watching from the sidelines, but I had actually fully intended to sit back and do nothing. Ashtan came in with 6 people, up against my CWHO of 7, most of whom were mid-level combatants with a few noobs. There was no way in hell my group would beat Ashtans, which I'm certain was their point because they immediately took to bashing our guards.

In hopeless situations like that I'm almost always ok with just not engaging, but when guards are on the line I usually try to engage to take advantage of the extra damage and save the guards. That's the only reason we did anything.

• edited December 2016
    lot of misinformation spewing around.  Not really worth going back and forth forever.

Someone's gotta be the bad guy in-game right?  Take it there, forums aren't the way to fight back.
  • edited December 2016
    Someone does have to start fights, for sure.  I just see people saying "look, we definitely feel outmatched, and these guys want to play a lot longer than we're up for", but it had sounded like they had kept engaging despite it not being fun for them by that point, and I was just curious why.

EDIT:  because orgs that are being raided generally have the power to stop/prevent raids simply by not engaging if they're really not up for it, and I think that is by design.
  • edited December 2016
    Jhui said:
    lot of misinformation spewing around.  Not really worth going back and forth forever.

Someone's gotta be the bad guy in-game right?  Take it there, forums aren't the way to fight back.
    My post wasn't meant to be fighting back, more just to explain my stance on not engaging, and why I chose to engage in this particular instance. If the misinformation you're referring to is the numbers, though, that definitely isn't incorrect. We may have had 8 when you arrived, but no one of particular note. Like I said, almost entirely mid-level combatants with one or two novices scattered in there. Not a group that would have had any luck against the 6 of you.

Kiskan said:
    Someone does have to start fights, for sure.  I just see people saying "look, we definitely feel outmatched, and these guys want to play a lot longer than we're up for", but it had sounded like they had kept engaging despite it not being fun for them by that point, and I was just curious why.
    For us personally, we ignored, they started messing with the totem, we ignored, they started uprooting, we ignored. When they started engaging the guards, though, we interrupted Kythra's event (again) to form up quick and go, since guards are an actual expense loss. Wasn't a very happy choice, but did it because no one sits around letting things that cost 25k each just disappear if it can be helped.
  • edited December 2016
    Melodie said:
    Kiskan said:
    For us personally, we ignored, they started messing with the totem, we ignored, they started uprooting, we ignored. When they started engaging the guards, though, we interrupted Kythra's event (again) to form up quick and go, since guards are an actual expense loss. Wasn't a very happy choice, but did it because no one sits around letting things that cost 25k each just disappear if it can be helped.
    Not sure if you guys can stack guards into unkillable/unmovable stacks or not here.  It's not great city defense, but it's good guard defense.  Cities are often overly secure in IRE games anyway... But it removes that leverage to try to get more fights out of you in an extended raid situation where your side is going "I am so done right now".  I am guessing harder for Targ to ignore the cost because I seem to remember their coffers aren't so deep.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I got to sit and have a really nice chat with @Aeryllin today, which I don't think I've really done since I left Cyrene forever ago.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."