What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Sorry for ruining your thing.  Didn't know.  On the other hand: 

Going to rave for @Morthif too, since we were both in the same spot and had the same outcomes:

I went up two ranks in my house, one rank in my city, and completed part of a task to join Aegis' order, all because they all required some aspects of the raiding that went down today, and we were done with everything else required(Not in Aegis, but city and house). Today was a very good day. 

Raves to rl for finally letting me login at a decent hour when Ashtan actually has the people around I needed to advance.  Logging in to "Dude you missed it" and "Night" for two weeks straight is depressing.  Had a few nights lately I almost didn't bother logging in. 

Super raves to @Jhui,  @Seragorn, @Dalran, and @Bann(fk who am I forgetting) for taking the time to help us out tonight.  All of Ashtan has been great since joining.  Very happy to be here. @Jadys even got some reqs done, I think!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Xaden said:
    Nazihk said:
    Meh. As a big raider in other IRE games I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter when you decide to throw your raid, you're going to be fucking over somebody's plans. Mudsex, dragon push, city bashing trip, house RP event, whatever. They've got something else planned and you're putting them in a position where they have to set it aside and defend. Every single time you choose to raid you're saying "I value my fun more than I value whatever you defenders happen to be doing right now."

If you let that shit stop you from raiding, you'll never get to raid. 
    Joke's on you, I can mudsex and defend at the same time!

Wow and I was just walking around in front of you all post avatar naked and everything. *feels violated now*

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Austere, you forgot Hirst.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Austere - Man I had to go to sleep or I'd probably have stayed the whole time. Of course, now I'm awake for a bit. Bad dream or something, most likely. RIP. Grats on HR and CR tho.

• Xaden said:
    Nazihk said:
    Meh. As a big raider in other IRE games I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter when you decide to throw your raid, you're going to be fucking over somebody's plans. Mudsex, dragon push, city bashing trip, house RP event, whatever. They've got something else planned and you're putting them in a position where they have to set it aside and defend. Every single time you choose to raid you're saying "I value my fun more than I value whatever you defenders happen to be doing right now."

The Sword of Multi-Tasking?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Xaden said:
    Nazihk said:

Explains why you're always dying. ;)
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Austere said:
    Sorry for ruining your thing.  Didn't know.  On the other hand: 

Going to rave for @Morthif too, since we were both in the same spot and had the same outcomes:

I went up two ranks in my house, one rank in my city, and completed part of a task to join Aegis' order, all because they all required some aspects of the raiding that went down today, and we were done with everything else required(Not in Aegis, but city and house). Today was a very good day. 

Raves to rl for finally letting me login at a decent hour when Ashtan actually has the people around I needed to advance.  Logging in to "Dude you missed it" and "Night" for two weeks straight is depressing.  Had a few nights lately I almost didn't bother logging in. 

Super raves to @Jhui,  @Seragorn, @Dalran, and @Bann(fk who am I forgetting) for taking the time to help us out tonight.  All of Ashtan has been great since joining.  Very happy to be here. @Jadys even got some reqs done, I think!
    This is the thing with multiplayer games. Someone is ranting that their house requirements were interrupted by someone who was trying to meet some requirements of their own. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Jhui said:
    lot of misinformation spewing around.  Not really worth going back and forth forever.

Someone's gotta be the bad guy in-game right?  Take it there, forums aren't the way to fight back.
    But Jhui, the forums is the only place you're willing to play the victim.
  • Skye said:
    Xaden said:
    Nazihk said:

Wow and I was just walking around in front of you all post avatar naked and everything. *feels violated now*
    At least you didn't drown.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited December 2016
    Gonna throw this out there again:

fucking message our raid leaders if you have a fucking problem Jesus Christ how many times do I need to post this. 

Msg Jhui/Dunn hey man been setting this event up awhile and need it for x y z. Mind coming back later?

bam we're gone. Don't abuse that, obviously, but for real we're fucking people too and we can communicate. 

• They asked me to leave, but I had no idea they were doing an event.
  • Dunn said:
    Gonna throw this out there again:

fucking message our raid leaders if you have a fucking problem Jesus Christ how many times do I need to post this. 

Msg Jhui/Dunn hey man been setting this event up awhile and need it for x y z. Mind coming back later?

bam we're gone. Don't abuse that, obviously, but for real we're fucking people too and we can communicate. 
    Except that Jhui was told several times and instead of leaving decided to kill guards, uproot a totem, and then implant his own totem. Then they said they were done on an ooc clan so someone went to uproot/smudge and they came back. He said his fun was more important.

• We owed ya
  • Was it whiskey night?

Sounds like a whiskey night.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Was it whiskey night?

Sounds like a whiskey night.
    Nah we were actually getting smoked 10v4 so I waited for cooldown to swap to runie cuz totem was owning us. When I came back they got upset and asked me to leave. Makes sense knowing they had an event planned but I just assumed they felt the pain train coming and felt that was the easiest way to avoid it
  • Even if that were true, they waved the white flag and you kept going
  • edited December 2016
    Cailan said:
    Even if that were true, they waved the white flag and you kept going
    It's a game though. And we were the ones outnumbered.
  • It's the most unresolved issue across all the IRE  games I've played -  your personal enjoyment vs others'.  The thing with raiding, especially with costly consequences like guards, is that you're also taking away other people's time to feed your own enjoyment. All is good when both sides are willing to invest time in fighting, but not when one side had an actual event (not easy to whip up, unlike...bashing or, um, mudsex) slotted for that time.

Ultimately, the question boils down to which, between good old peekays and wowza arghpees, the playerbase wants to value more.*

*a lot of time, they can actually co-exist quite nicely, but obviously there are times, as per  the  above posts,  where there is an issue.
     <3 
  • Honestly I think raid leaders just need to make sure that the city isn't currently in a planned thing. Things like Targossian prayer are fine to interrupt but long planned events should be respected

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited December 2016
    Issue is there's no way to enforce that.

Relying on players to always be conscientious of each other is going to have problem sometimes.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Should file a request to make sure your planned RP doesn't coincide with our planned PK. 
  • As was already said had someone told Jhui that an event was going on he would have left. I have no reason to doubt that. Problem solved. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • @Jhui The difference is you dying isn't fun for the other side as you don't care about dying and they aren't gaining anything by killing you. Assuming you don't escape using one of several arties, you will just come right back. Usually, they are fighting just to get rid of you. Its a lose-lose situation for them.
  • I realize not everyone has to think like me but I don't look at pk as me losing/gaining something or the other side losing/gaining something when people die.

I PK because it's fun. If the other side doesn't care about dying that doesn't affect me. Not sure why me not caring about dying should affect you. Probably just a difference of opinion though 
  • Jhui said:

Not sure why me not caring about dying should affect you. 
    I think it's because you not caring about dying means you will come back again and again until you're bored. For the defenders, it means no matter what they do, that hour or three will be reserved dealing with you and company, no matter if they die or you do.
     <3 
  • The issue is that other people do care.  They care about the time and effort it takes to do stuff like purchase guards or hold an event because their time isn't unlimited.  They care about an extended raid when they have limited time and they've asked you to stop several times or to at least hold off.  If they can manage to get rid of you and your team (which isn't likely in most cases for numerous reasons) it's a "thank god that's over" sort of reaction only to have you come back.  For the defender it's always a loss even if they don't die because people simply don't like dealing with you and your team because you throw your weight around as far as it will go.  If you had more consideration for the other sides it wouldn't be like this.  It's perfectly fine "being the bad guys" but this is a game for everybody, them included, and requires a measure of self-governance that other games don't have.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I think this discussion has run its course, though. @Jhui has said that he would have backed off had he known there was an event in the works, rather than Mhaldor refusing to fight just for kicks. 

Of course, obviously not every raider has this pleasant mind set, so the forums brigade can pick up when the next one happens!
     <3 
  • We're just giving free kills and fun pk. What's not to like? Wish someone would do that to us. Farrah and atalkez been coming back after dying recently and it's been a lot of fun.

not sure why most people prefer the stomp on them for 30 min and get out, but like I said, probably just difference of opinion 
  • Nah from my limited raid time with A Team so far there's always an objective to accomplish.