What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• I think the issue mainly stems from the fact that they had something else other than "FIIIIITE" lined up, something that may have taken a handful of days to plan and schedule to get right.
     <3 
  • That wasn't communicated. And don't try and make RP superior to PK.
  • Kiskan said:
    Someone does have to start fights, for sure.  I just see people saying "look, we definitely feel outmatched, and these guys want to play a lot longer than we're up for", but it had sounded like they had kept engaging despite it not being fun for them by that point, and I was just curious why.

EDIT:  because orgs that are being raided generally have the power to stop/prevent raids simply by not engaging if they're really not up for it, and I think that is by design.

I think you're confusing Targ and Mhaldor, since Kythra/Melodie/Aegoth were all talking about the raid on Mhaldor. They stopped engaging, by the sounds of it, but had to deal with smudging/guard dying sounds and the RP of ignoring a raid while they wanted to host an event.

Targ, by the sound of it, did choose to engage, but I didn't hear complaints about the Targ raid (wasn't around).
  • Jhui said:
    Cailan said:
    Even if that were true, they waved the white flag and you kept going
    It's a game though. And we were the ones outnumbered.
    I donno, a level 129 might as well be a gaggle of level 99s.  

• edited December 2016
    @Farrah Yes, we engaged and managed to fight them off with some clever guard work.  Also for the record, RP > PK.  PK just need the right scripts and anybody can do it  ;)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • (@Atalkez for the record I was being sarcastic, combat takes a lot of skill  B))
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Van said:
    Jhui said:
    Cailan said:
    Even if that were true, they waved the white flag and you kept going
    It's a game though. And we were the ones outnumbered.
    I donno, a level 129 might as well be a gaggle of level 99s.  
    Nah, health gain gets smaller as the levels go up, and if you gain your xp from PK as opposed to bashing (15k kills, jfc), then the gold gains aren't as much of a factor. Jhui and co have tonnes of experience which counts for so much (probably more than their arte's).

I like that a lot of the time raid leaders are willing to back off if told that the defending team are finished. Sounds like bad communication here.

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• For the record every time I have reached out to @Dunn in a raid or fight he has at least explained why they are there and backs off when asked.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2016
    @Jhui You wish that people would do it to Ashtan, but what makes people not want to raid Ashtan is the ridiculous overkill retaliation that comes with it. Hashan raided with like 5 people and were fonted and then guard rushed followed by retaliatory raid a few hours later that led to a blown up room, a lot of frustrated people, and a city log full of guard deaths.

We purposefully avoided Targossas and Mhaldor because they only had a handful of people at the time to prevent exactly what you are doing to everyone else.

I don't particularly care if you raid, but if you want reciprocation, you have to be at least a tiny bit fair-minded.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • It seems like guard killing might still be way, way too good as a "lever" to force the other side to keep playing over here.  They went too far with gutting raiding in our game (for one, it was nearly impossible to do in the first place), but you guys already have city destruction, which is a beautifully calibrated system when it comes to both a sense of reward for raiders, and also provides a really clear signalling system for orgs being raided ("we want to play keep raiding" and "we're done here").
  • You can make guards near impossible to kill if you want to. Mhaldor's used to be, but they spread them out to increase call for help range.

I wouldn't say guard killing forces you to fight, but obviously there's always that RP preference to defend when there are enemies in the city.
  • I get the idea that people are super worried about the cost, even when they've got to the point where they're saying "okay, this is how far my RP takes us.  Our guys have had enough.  Oh shit.  They're going after the guards... Ugh".  

Thanks for answering the guard stack question.  That is what I was wondering on the page before.  So you can do that.  And if you make stacks like that (unkillable/unmovable) it removes the raiders' ability to use the guards to get you to keep engaging, if you're at a point where you really want to the raid to end.  

The problem would have been if the guards are perceived as valuable enough to keep fighting over no matter how bad it sucks, and if you couldn't stack them the way we're talking about.  Then, people can't solve the problem, and the raiders can just push that button whenever they need to and there isn't anything you can do.
  • 1 stack is 125,000 gold. 

Cities arent hurting to refill refill these when they need to, assuming it's not happening 3 times a week.

One 'guard raid' an irl month is pretty insignificant to have happen. It's just part of the game/cost of doing business as a city. You can worry about your guard ranges to the point of them all being 'safe', but you'll leave something else open that may not need to be.

I subscribe to the thought of the stack can take care of itself. If someone wants to guard raid, they're going to regardless of how much micromanaging you do. I'd rather protect entrances and meeting places than worry about a slight gold cost every once in a while.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Yeah, we had that conversation (about cost).  It partly seems to come down to perception.  Achaea is also a much bigger game and cities should have far better regular income than the orgs in mine did.  I agree that it feels like cities should be able to absorb even some fairly heavy guard killing and shrug their shoulders.  It's very possible that people really could and maybe should be ignoring guard killing in a raid gone bad situation more than they do.

• all shall fear my edgy reaper prowess!
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • edited December 2016
    Ashtan's idea of fun is the absolute and unashamed abuse of dodgy guard mechanics that are likely a bug.

Until they stop doing that, I couldn't care less about them and their "fun".

ETA: @Farrah not true, regarding making guards near impossible to kill
     Because Ashtan abuses what is likely a bug. :smile:
  • Jukilian said:
    Ashtan's idea of fun is the absolute and unashamed abuse of dodgy guard mechanics that are likely a bug.

Until they stop doing that, I couldn't care less about them and their "fun".

ETA: @Farrah not true, regarding making guards near impossible to kill
     Because Ashtan abuses what is likely a bug. :smile:
    they're just NPC guards, why you care so much?
  • Sorry, I have better things to do today than to argue with immature children. :smile:
  • Can we get this thread back on track? Shit happens, we're over it, everyone is cool.

Today, I've started to do some more researching on what to multiclass that fits my likes. I want a good raid support class. While I love Runewarden, switching it up a bit would be fun!
  • Puxi said:
    Can we get this thread back on track? Shit happens, we're over it, everyone is cool.

Today, I've started to do some more researching on what to multiclass that fits my likes. I want a good raid support class. While I love Runewarden, switching it up a bit would be fun!
    How are you not 99? Go get your Dragon back. D:
  • I haven't gotten dragon yet! Geez, so much demanding!
  • Priests are excellent raid support
  • Cailan said:
    Priests are excellent raid support
    Rude.
  • Has a point though. 

• Yikes x 2

Guess uh.. I'm... not sailing for awhile.  Or doing anything.

Eesh
  • @Frederich This is a Nexus bug that we're aware of, the team should get it sorted within the next 24 hours.
  • @Nicola oh no I know.  I was just posting here for the "I was going to go sailing today... Looks like I'm land lubber for today." :pensive:
    Thank you guys for all the work ya do!