What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I see what the bug did, but to me, the wilderness map has always flat-out made the current version of Nexus unusable for sailing (like that awful empty vertical space between every line...). Messing with the font options does not change the display into anything usable.

Any way it can resemble the old, in-window wilderness map?:

• When you receive a random mysterious letter.....and have no clue what the hell is written....

T.T
  • Sometimes planned events will have to wait or be paused, because being a multiplayer game, it rarely revolves around your own desires and plans. I'm sure the only thing that doesn't make sense for a Mhaldor is to choose not to curb-stomp @Jhui's face when he's jumping onto guard stacks.
  • Kythra said:
    9 more levels to go. Lets hope my crits sky-rocket.
    92-93 is the halfway mark, but in general the back half of the 90s speeds up pretty quickly from the crit rate increases.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Kythra said:
    blah blah blah
    What about me damnit?! No love.
  • Kythra said:
    You leap upon a lake fairy and sink your fangs into her throat before leaping away, blood gushing 
    from the horrific wound.
    Bubbles seep from a lake fairy's pores, eclipsing her as her body begins to float towards the 
    surface.
    You have slain a lake fairy, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 90.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 1st Rank of the Infinite.
    You have received 22 Bound Credits!
    A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

Uh, well, I'll be honest. Never thought I'd make it this far.

tl;dr: got level 90, Mhaldor has been the best to me.

EDIT: Typos. I'm also positive I've forgotten some people. But considering I fell asleep in Annwyn for 15 minutes while trying to get this level, please excuse anyone I've forgotten until I get some rest and wake up. 
    #1 Congrats!
    #2 You've made it through honestly the worst part of the grind. 80-90 is just the worst. You're not strong enough to take bigger stuff because you don't crit enough, but you're too big for the easy stuff that used to be good so  you're in that weird limbo situation. Now you're good to go. Until 96. 96 is bad too. After that though you're home free.
  • So in other words, I'm good till 96 lol, almost got 94 today then decided slugs were my friends and ate it once,  plus did some mitran rp and read some theology books, I may or may not get back into the city grind, somewhere
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I don't really remember having a struggle at 96 (no more than the preceding couple of levels anyway), but then again I got dragon before we re-did the system to include battlerage, so maybe that's changed.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    96 and 97 feel mind numbing and slow. 96 because I felt like I got over a huge hurdle and 97 because I was so close that anticipation was getting the better of me. In reality, it was only marginally slower.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • End of 96 is when the gears shift a little and you start getting .1% for mobs you were getting .2% from. 
  • I can agree that 96 was pretty meh.  Then again, I also went from 86 to 92/93 during a great hunt so....
  • edited December 2016
    Tbh, I barely noticed the 93 to 99 grind, because I just went full out balls to the wall during the last Great Hunt and flew through it to the point I had to STOP hunting the entire last 24 hours of the GH so that I wouldn't end up slipping into dragon tier and screwing myself over. Ended up sitting at level 98 99.9 until the end of the hunt. Then once the hunt ended, I kill one thing to get dragon and it still mvoed me out of the tier and I had to contact admin, lol.
  • Morthif said:
    Man it used to take more effort to get to level 80 then it does getting dragon these days. 

*shakefist*

Damn kids get off my lawn. 
    Shhhhh, old man. Go back to the retirement home and take your medicine.
  • Retirement home? Kid I'm not even 400 yet. 
  • Morthif said:
    Man it used to take more effort to get to level 80 then it does getting dragon these days. 

*shakefist*

Damn kids get off my lawn. 
     I say this all too often on CT.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Pfft, there was a level cap of 70, then 75 then 80.  You used to go negative and be -4.4% of the way to the next level.  Then Penwize broke the world.
  • How did he break it? And who is Penwize?
  • Puxi said:
    How did he break it? And who is Penwize?
    Penwize is the dude that bashes nonstop. Literally. If he isn't bashing, he's raiding.

He's #1 in experience when he actually logs in.

He from what I heard, not sure how, but he broke the experience system because of gained experience totals.
  • Senoske said:
    Puxi said:
    Penwize is the dude that bashes nonstop. Literally. If he isn't bashing, he's raiding.

He's #1 in experience when he actually logs in.

He from what I heard, not sure how, but he broke the experience system because of gained experience totals.
    I'm fairly certain Penwize doesn't play anymore, after the gold cap was instated. But, he was a high enough level that now some of the levels he blew through are called "1st Order of Penwizian Fortitude" or something like that. The mid-130's, I think. 
    I believe it was @Sarathai that posted that log.. might be wrong.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited December 2016
    Puxi said:
    He broke it several times because he leveled fast enough that when he got to a new level, that level had yet to be created, which at times caused the game to roll over into negatives and put him back at level 1. For example, going over level 134 resulted in him rolling around to level 1 rather than 135 (admin had to manually reset his level a couple of times). They eventually added in the Steps to Divinity on top of the Penwizian Fortitude levels, so it'll go up to 234 now before that has a chance of happening again. Additionally, at 130 there is a huge jump in XP required, and there are similarly huge jumps at several more points beyond that. It stops being (relatively) linear and starts going exponential.

Penwize is currently level 140, so if he logs in (assuming Gattan'bahar drops off the rankings, since she's level 152) he'll take the #1 spot.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Went fishing for the first time. Didn't know how to fish, only managed to scare them away and didn't catch anything. Managed to break my line once through so there's that!  B)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Situation in a nutshell

Me: minding my own business on Annwyn lake playing with the Selkies!
    ALL OF A SUDDEN: Mean ol' Hashan hits my alertness! OH SNAP
    Selkies: RUN EXXIA RUN!!! THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU
    Me: NO SELKIES! I MUST PROTECT YOU!
    Selkies: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Me: I'LL COME BACK FOR YOUUUU!
    Go back up to Mhaldor: It's an emergency I need help!
    Kythra: I got you
    Proficy comes stomping in
    Me: -anime nod- Hrm! <that means yes in anime
    RALLY!

After the bloodshed:

Selkies: Thanks Exxia! We looooveeee youuu!
    Me: You're welcome! -begins slaughtering selkies-

GG = Good Game

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Found out that according to our Academy, you have to be level 70 to join one of the Targossian houses..?
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Out of all of the requirements for all of the Houses, you think level 70 is odd...?
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    It just surprised me to see that much bashing as a pre-requisite for a house that novices used to be able to join, that's all. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"