June Event & Promo

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

how the hell is targloosis summoning Oughlor 4 times in the past 15 minutes? Something here seems broken.

@Tecton, @Sarapis, @Makarios?

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• He just can't resist crushing us with that hammer.

retired
  • It was a bug, similar bug happened yesterday with Rakia (but not quite to that level).

i'm a rebel

Tesha said:

It was a bug, similar bug happened yesterday with Rakia (but not quite to that level).

yeah was going to say, how many times did you guys manage to summon him in 30 minutes? 6-7 odd times?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Yeah, easily 6-8 times. It was a bug, he was hitting in the room, but not in the room, we couldn't kill him properly, and when he was banished, if we killed one thing he got summoned again, except he was super super buggy.

We poked him a few times and then just left him along. It was pretty funny, we were all laughing. Then he finally got fixed and we hunted and re-summoned and killed him properly!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby

oh, so couldn't get any actual benefit/lead out of it, that's the only thing I was worried about, carry on!

• He's bugged again, or at least most believe he is. He's unkillable right now, parrying any limb you hit and taking no damage.

• I filed a bug report with as much detailed information as possible. Should be fine. Ideally, the mechanics could just be switched to be a bit less nitpicky.

i'm a rebel

• edited June 2014

My bug got dismissed, but I think there was a misunderstanding. The statues are up because they respawn, but the problem is 10th doesn't spawn, so he constantly parries left arm. We're not just noobing it up 4 times in a row and wiping repeatedly, we've killed him extremely efficiently several times and I checked the area myself multiple times, please halp. :(

I wouldn't worry about one or two facets, but this is 12 hours of facet generation which is kinda important, especially since we can't get any more right now so we're going to be waiting longer until it's fixed heh.

i'm a rebel

• I found 10 statues, still parrying leftarm.

• someone fixed, thanks!

• edited June 2014

@Sarapis @Tecton When's the final day of the event? I have to go to a relative's graduation on the 28th-ish, so I'm wondering if I need to invent time travel or clone myself or something so I don't miss anything epic.

i'm a rebel

I'm hoping it's on a saturday or sunday or something

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Tharvis said:

I'm hoping it's on a saturday or sunday or something

Narrowing down those options, I'm going for "something"

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Ugg, after seeing how easy it is to assault Oughlor vs defenders (especially now that he can't be entrenched on), I'm really baffled at how much more difficult Rakia is to fight than him, it's literally night and day difficulty to prep vs opposition.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• We crafted our strategy specifically for dealing with people trying to bother us, heh. Jhui was pretty much soloing Rakia from what I noticed.

i'm a rebel

• You mean you saw Jhui constantly running away because Rakia chases at a very high rate?

Oughlor does absolutely nothing to people who move through his room, as evidenced by your group constantly walking over him because there was nothing he could do to you. On the contrary, if someone walks into Rakia's room, they're either dead or waiting in gare, because they're now a liability instead of an asset, if done before ready to fight. It's not about ease of fighting them, it's about the complete joke that is defending them compared to each other.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I thought Rakia got made aggressive only when she enters the room, not when they walk in? Oughlor is definitely aggressive and I think much easier to defend than Rakia, since Oughlor doesn't move often. At least with groups, anyways. You're not going to have an easy time defending Oughlor as 1 or 2 people against 7, and designing it so that you would have an easy time defending Oughlor 2v7 would make it so defending Oughlor 7v7 would be unstoppable.

i'm a rebel

• I'm not saying it should be easy to defend Oughlor 2v7, that would be silly, agreed.

Rakia is utter nonsense now though. She doesn't go aggro if she patrols into your room, but if you walk into her room (she randomly patrols constantly very very quickly, very possible to squint, see nothing, move, and hit Rakia) she's aggro until true-death or she aggros someone else. Also, if she kills someone in room with another person, she becomes aggro to that person as well (even if they've never hit her or entered her room).

• edited June 2014
    Jarrod said:

I'm not saying it should be easy to defend Oughlor 2v7, that would be silly, agreed.

Rakia is utter nonsense now though. She doesn't go aggro if she patrols into your room, but if you walk into her room (she randomly patrols constantly very very quickly, very possible to squint, see nothing, move, and hit Rakia) she's aggro until true-death or she aggros someone else. Also, if she kills someone in room with another person, she becomes aggro to that person as well (even if they've never hit her or entered her room).

I agree this should not be the case, she should be like Oughlor but with a ton of people on your side able to blackwind/astralform in the room and then come out when people start dying it's equally annoying. However, with Rakia moving around so much it also makes it nigh impossible to defend in the room with her because you may be in the room for a second or two but then she moves and you're sitting there alone and the group could jump you easily. So there are benefits and adversities to each of these scenarios. I think they're fine but if you changed it that wouldn't be a big deal, at least making it easier to stand in the room and defend.

NEVERMIND, started howling as soon as I posted this >.>

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2014

Rakia is really difficult to prep for and kill. I hate her so much I almost never want to bother with her. The weather on poly almost always make it hard to see where she is. She's like a shewolf from LHG, armed with a starburst and with an Alchemist reflective shield (that reflects a chunk of damage + blackout) to protect herself when low. >.<

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• So how many dragons would you need to straight out bash down Rakia, and how many deaths would it cost you?

If we have 6-7 dragons we can do it with only one round of wiping almost everyone.

2-3 dragons we'll be needing a rezz chain to the tree, but eventually we can wittle down the giant.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    6 of us cost me around 10% at level 99 to kill her. We got wiped a lot because her aggro was so random we didnt know who she would be chasing at any point.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • And do you know if you're doing all the things possible to weaken her?

• RuthRuth Singapore

Yes, pretty sure we got all things for preparation done. We constantly checked if the preparations stayed as they were during the siege against Rakia.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

does oughlor have something similar to all the fire on poly that we have to keep dousing?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:

does oughlor have something similar to all the fire on poly that we have to keep dousing?

Yeah, they have to kill 10 statues or something. Instead of killing wings they need to kill limbs. 

As to Rakia's barrier, just don't attack when its up, she'll drop it soon enough and then you can attack again, doesn't regen much at all during that time and it gives your group time to reg up too, the blackout and reflection damage just isn't worth it.

The big difference is that Oughlor doesn't chase but will guard summon I think. Rakia will chase (and fly if her wings are still up) but does not summon.

• At least from your descriptions, the denizens are sounding pretty symmetric. 

This discussion has been closed.