June Event & Promo

Comments

• Sooo.... we added an additional area to bash for each side, which are also dragon level areas? I thought the agreement was that midbies need a way to participate...

• They are high level areas, but certainly not dragon level. The entire point of the event areas thus far is that they cannot be done solo without a decent amount of risk. We are entirely aware that some people want to be left alone to do their own thing. That's great! Events are rarely included there.

• Eh, I died in 2.9 seconds, through vitality, as a lvl 92 monk with a favor and 5.3k+ health, and I was told all of those attacks were room-wide. Room-wide attacks mean that tankiness does not increase with group size, only time to kill.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited June 2014
    @Jacen Hey, at least the new ones are not completely impossible to kill. Only mostly. 
    </joke>

edit: Just to clarify, I am actually quite happy with this. They are challenging, but not impossible like the other ones!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Really? I actually thought the foxes/mercenaries/salamanders were pretty weak.

• I -LOVED- this event/promotional. HOWEVER if you hold these all the time, I'll be poor in a couple months. Let's do some greathunts or something! Haha.

For those who have bought stuff. I added up my "bonus" credits from Talisman pieces and completing sets/bartering my way into better positions. After all is said and done, barring I don't sell the Stygian pendant piece for 200 but sell it for 150 instead. I will be up 1830 credits on top of my 2k credits. That's an absurd amount of bonus...probably more than @Sarapis and @Tecton meant to be gotten but man was it worth it for me. I literally doubled up here with the 10% bonus for elite. 

Kudos to you two guys and @Makarios for putting the event and the promotional together.

• Jacen said:
    Eh, I died in 2.9 seconds, through vitality, as a lvl 92 monk with a favor and 5.3k+ health, and I was told all of those attacks were room-wide. Room-wide attacks mean that tankiness does not increase with group size, only time to kill.

For this event, bashing is more than just using 'dor kill mob' or hit/running.  You need to strategically lay out your attacks to position them where you want them and capitalize.  I'm sure you'll catch on after a few more deaths.

• The parts we get to see I'm sure are just a fraction of the effort and work that has to go into it. I've loved seeing things progress - thank you for all of it!

• The lower level bashing area makes me happy. And we had a wide range of people bashing it yesterday. Definitely allows lower levels to participate.
  • I missed it by like, 2 hours.   :\

• It's always up. Like the other one.
  • So I'm unable to enter the new area now. Am I to take it that its not banned just to dragons, but lvl 90 and up? Wtf?

• It was probably too easy for 90+ people. You're perfectly capable of bashing the harder things!

i'm a rebel

• I'm just... confused as crap. The big divide really isn't based on level, its between dragons and non dragons. Like literally, are you in dragonform or are you in lesserform. We're dumping a -lot- of people into the same class as dragons. Sure, I as a monk might not be incredibly far from a dragon's ability, but what about a lvl 95 jester or occie?

• edited June 2014

This isn't your typical bashing area - different classes can/must contribute in different ways. A level 95 occie can be incredibly useful to a group by say, using doppie priestess. For the record, occie also has pretty good tanking ability now, with a minute-long 15% damage reduction that doesn't use balance/eq.

If this is what the future of Achaean PVE looks like, this is actually pretty exciting.

• The question is (I haven't gotten to try it yet, so forgive me) does bashing as a group make the entire area pointless xp-wise like every other area does?

• I think Hirst said he got 4-5% at post-100 level bashing Poly for one respawn with 4 people in lesserform. So definitely worth it.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The question is (I haven't gotten to try it yet, so forgive me) does bashing as a group make the entire area pointless xp-wise like every other area does?

Tempted to say no. At least the exp seemed to be quite nice when I was killing things with a small group last night. Not sure if I was simply not paying that much attention to time.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• XP in these events is crazy. Which is good because of all the dying!

i'm a rebel

• Also worth noting that the essence values are ridic. I think every full respawn of Poly/Tundra is over one million essence.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited June 2014

This is pretty much how I view recent events:

Ok, we need to divide up this land area into two smaller areas. Let's brainstorm on a way to do that.

Perfect!!!

• I get permastunned and squashed as a dragon. :( 

i'm a rebel

• Lesserform bashing has only occurred in groups of 4 or more so far.

I sure as shit wouldn't lesserform to hunt there, 2 things would be insta-dead off any bashing attack.

• lesserform not too bad on poly if only 1 thing is in the room.  2 is potential death, but doable with hit/run pretty easily. 

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

lesserform not possible in Tundra that we've been able to do at least not lesserform/artefactless.  I've lost 20% since this event started while hunting them in Dragon yea wouldn't try it with 2k less health.

• 1 second balances, 32% (1730h for me) per hit, elementals have a transfix attack ( on 1 second balance)... yeah, definitely can't solo that. If the attacks are still room-wide (which I've heard they weren't) you can't even take that rolling 5 deep.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

The tundra stuff does room attacks.

This discussion has been closed.