June Event & Promo

Comments

• Elementals and fiends do room attacks, wyverns do not but holy loki spam batman.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Jhui said:
    Jacen said:
    Eh, I died in 2.9 seconds, through vitality, as a lvl 92 monk with a favor and 5.3k+ health, and I was told all of those attacks were room-wide. Room-wide attacks mean that tankiness does not increase with group size, only time to kill.

For this event, bashing is more than just using 'dor kill mob' or hit/running.  You need to strategically lay out your attacks to position them where you want them and capitalize.  I'm sure you'll catch on after a few more deaths.

This reminds me of Dark souls o_o

• They're pretty comparable in scale.

You can (or should be able to if careful) bash the outposts with a group of 3-4 with pretty minimal risk of dying. They're less xp than the polyargos/tundra mobs, but those are exceptionally risky to bash (probably the nastiest things in the game when it comes to bashing at the moment), so you lose a disproportionately large amount compared to the lower level areas.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

Daeir I've lost 20% up in the Tundra.  It's not as good xp as you claim.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Carmell said:

Daeir I've lost 20% up in the Tundra.  It's not as good xp as you claim.

And I've lost similar on Polyargos

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited June 2014

TBH I'm having a lot of fun bashing Tundra.  The only downside is the gank squads when Oughlor is up, but that doesn't seem to be very long, lately.

I would -love- to see this area simply stay the way it is after the event (and same with Poly, assuming it's more or less the same).

• the gold drops and xp rewards would have to take a heavy hit for it to remain. But I enjoy that it's challenging and that it can even be worth grouping up for with multiple dragons.

• Rangor said:

the gold drops and xp rewards would have to take a heavy hit for it to remain. But I enjoy that it's challenging and that it can even be worth grouping up for with multiple dragons.

That and essence - although I don't mind the recent global lack of shrines.

I just meant leaving it as is difficulty wise, because it's fun to bash.

• no, no, no essence needs to be lowered like now. Such a pain in the ass.

• Daeir said:

If that's standard fare then sure, I guess. Never really participated in a bashing event before.

Just a bit disappointing that the low-brow rewards for doing it (bar facet generation) are not even slightly comparable to the sort of stuff you get for helping with the high level mobs.

Nice to see it's there, though.

I couldn't gain any xp from the Poly mobs. I die to room attacks before they get killed. So I was losing way more than I could gain, there.

I actually gain xp hunting the outpost, and get to contribute with facet pieces. I like it. Sure, you can get just as much xp bashing Annwyn, but you don't get the facet piece for bashing Annwyn.

• I wish I could hunt the outpost :(

• edited June 2014

Brock's easy to solo, yeah (and I love the new "boss" fight system and the new mechanics).

Though, soloing a group of 4 mercenaries and 4 wyrms... not so much. :(

• edited June 2014
    Dalran said:
    Outposts are amazing, feel like @Jhui when I lead a group, and if you pay attention, I solo'd Brock (the boss) last night, he just has some tricks you gotta watch out for

You got us killed like him too, scrub.

Outpost is fine. I wish lyre worked in there though! My only complaint.

Edit: OMG mobile quoting is fixed yay

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Atalkez said:
    Dalran said:
    Outposts are amazing, feel like @Jhui when I lead a group, and if you pay attention, I solo'd Brock (the boss) last night, he just has some tricks you gotta watch out for

You got us killed like him too, scrub.

Outpost is fine. I wish lyre worked in there though! My only complaint.

Holy shit it is!!!!! I was gonna call you a liar. I'm sorry for doubting you. 

Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • Outposts are pretty awesome (level 86), though it gets a little dodgy when the denizens get stacked up - even with a group. All in all the experience gain is still amazing, even compensating for a couple of deaths, etc. Really appreciate the addition since otherwise it's hard to feel very involved in the event day-to-day.

Now, if anyone needs me, I'll just be over here selling my soul/firstborn/etc. for that last wing piece.

• Wessux said:
    Atalkez said:
    Dalran said:

Holy shit it is!!!!! I was gonna call you a liar. I'm sorry for doubting you. 

dood.  swheeeeeeet.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited June 2014

Can we make Torrid / Oughlor honors mobs for the remainder of this event?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Actually, it would be kind of interesting, something like, "S/he supported the Ice Wizard/Red Dragon in the Reckoning of x/year' 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

that'd have to be at the end of the event though, and wouldn't fit for everyone, as I know that not everyone in cities actually supports the side their city chose

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Tharvis said:

that'd have to be at the end of the event though, and wouldn't fit for everyone, as I know that not everyone in cities actually supports the side their city chose

Maybe if there is a way to give it to the people who participated in some way, be it with killing an appropriate denizen, or declaring individually, or something like that. I don't know. You are obviously right, but still, it would be kind of great.

Those who don't participate could have a line of their own, like "He risked the wrath of the Conclave by turning his/her back on the Reckoning of X/year." Though I feel that would be pushing it. Honestly, participate or not. Its your (character's) choice, and you (him) should just live with the consequences. In this case, the line.

• What's wrong with people that are not participating not getting the honors line..?

i'm a rebel

• Being lvl 90-98 :(

• I can't imagine ever giving an honours line for having done nothing tbh.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines

Guys, I only meant an honors line for killing Torrid / Oughlor...they can wipe a group of dragons and are immune to crits, seem to fit the bill for honors mobs to me.

This discussion has been closed.