June Event & Promo

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

fair enough. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Get someone to brazier you from the air above.

• Rangor said:

Get someone to brazier you from the air above.

Or yank-bash them from the cave. For some reason, they're all claustrophobic and refuse to enter any sort of cave. 

• @Mithridates There are a lot of ways to break them up, you just have to be creative.

• There seems to be a major issue right now with defending the Giant/Wyvern. The Giant is just too easy to defend simply 2-3 people can easily wipe an entire group of 7-8 or even 10+ dragons with little to no problems. Simply Astralform/Blackwind/Phase and wait for them to attack then go in and aoe. This is not a luxury afforded to us with Rakia as she moves so much you can be in her room one second and standing on an island all alone the next. Especially since we can't use AF or BW we're at a major disadvantage in this strategy.

• we're at a major disadvantage

You're not.

Several changes have been pushed into Yuddi's favor already.  Wyverns of doom, Eleusis being forced to change sides and I just heard that Cyrene also just changed sides.  (I don't know if this happen)

PS.  I'd take a static NPC boss like Ouggy any day over ADHD Rakia.

• Eleusis changing sides pushed things into Yudhi's favor?

Also I haven't seen Cyrene doing anything the entire event so I wonder how that pushes things into Yudhi's favor.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The wyverns are gone (have been for over a week now). We're a help, of course, and I don't believe Cyrene has changed sides, just had one person betray. Suffice to say, no Cyrenians have been up with us the single one, the one time a couple days ago.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Cyrene was unconfirmed, thus I noted that I wasn't sure...just what I heard.

But claiming that Yuddi's side is at any kind of disadvantage at this point is pretty redic.

• Triak said:

Cyrene was unconfirmed, thus I noted that I wasn't sure...just what I heard.

But claiming that Yuddi's side is at any kind of disadvantage at this point is pretty redic.

That's a fairly large disadvantage, if it takes 2-3 people to defend against 10 with Oghulor. I'm not talking majorly good combatants either...I'm talking 3 random defenders can hold off an entire group of 10 dragons. 

This in opposition to the fact that Me, Tesha and Rangor died more defending Rakia than the people attacking Rakia because they could just LoS us or wait for her to move and then walk-in and rush us.

It's a disadvantage, yes. I'm ok with this disadvantage if their is a trade-off. Right now, it's not a comparable trade-off at the moment. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    If you analyze the situation, you'll see the trade-off between bosses staring you right in the face. 

hint: It was stated in the thread somewhere already.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• If you attack Oughlor without using your class skills to counter the class skills of the people you expect will be there, then I don't know what to tell you.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I agree. Should use class skills to counter soulspear. 

I honestly don't think anyone can sit in the room with giant for one or two turns and flash. I mean, I've tried a couple different times with every buff under the sun, but I still couldn't live, and I'm not exactly low leveled or have low health. He just hurts too much to live in lesser for long.

I'm not weighing in on if that's fair or not, I'm just saying, I don't think it's rightly possible.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • You don't have to. I'm really not a fan of giving you guys strategies to beat an already easy fight easier, but there's some very simple things you can do with either factions classes to counter that strategy.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Quite contrary to popular belief, we don't really coordinate with the opposing faction too well (I can't be in their parties for instance), so that's kind of out of my hands except suggesting it, which I believe Nyderr did earlier today and it got ignored/not heard. But so it goes, I suppose.

• I meant that both factions have unique viable counters to that strategy, if properly utilized.

• ..... like what

• I'd like some info on how we can counter tentacles/chaosrays/soulspears/sniping while trying to kill a mob that can instakill someone in dform.

• I'm sure there are some people on your side who raid lead frequently enough to know how to counter what's being done for either group faction. You should ask them about it, because it's honestly extremely simple once you figure it out, and I don't doubt they'd have one of a handful of simple quick-to-implement strats they could share with you if you asked.

• Ok I'll ask all the people that fight how to avoid soulspears in dragon while bashing

• edited June 2014

To be honest, Seragorn etc. aren't the reason we're dying at all. Oughlor just straight up hurts. Seragorn just gets truenames and an ego stroke thinking his chaosrays killed everyone (they didn't). Seragorn might get one person killed, but over all, it's just the stun + freezepound in the initial part. Soulspears can get one person killed but that isn't enough to wipe us. Hands of the grave that don't go away even if the necromancer is killed, on the other hand, can be pretty obnoxious.

I'm more curious how you guys killed Rakia without any casualties earlier, Micaelis said she was chasing Jarrod but people managed to kill her? Does she not hit anyone else if she's chasing one person? It just seemed weird because I'm used to seeing tons of deathsights on Rakia, then suddenly I die, get rezzed, and she's killed in that timeframe.

Also... the despawning thing broke, if there was one. Not sure if there was one or just consistently manually despawned for a while.

i'm a rebel

• We already use flash/yank back out and stuff like that. 2-3 people can't defend off 10 dragons if some of those 10 dragons know what they are doing. Every time mhaldor tries this they delay us with 10-15 minutes, then they all die and we get the giant. Similar to what 2-3 people can hope to achieve on polyargos.

• Tesha said:

To be honest, Seragorn etc. aren't the reason we're dying at all. Oughlor just straight up hurts. Seragorn just gets truenames and an ego stroke thinking his chaosrays killed everyone (they didn't). Seragorn might get one person killed, but over all, it's just the stun + freezepound in the initial part. Soulspears can get one person killed but that isn't enough to wipe us. Hands of the grave that don't go away even if the necromancer is killed, on the other hand, can be pretty obnoxious.

I'm more curious how you guys killed Rakia without any casualties earlier, Micaelis said she was chasing Jarrod but people managed to kill her? Does she not hit anyone else if she's chasing one person? It just seemed weird because I'm used to seeing tons of deathsights on Rakia, then suddenly I die, get rezzed, and she's killed in that timeframe.

Also... the despawning thing broke, if there was one. Not sure if there was one or just consistently manually despawned for a while.

We got her wings down early, then I got away from everyone with Rakia and it took awhile but she's soloable like Oughlor is once her wings are handled. Everyone was fighting Seragorn/Proficy so I had a free fight with no interruptions. I went and checked Rakia out a few hours later (to account for respawn time since it was clearly glitched) and she was really bugged. Her wings were dead and every pool was doused, but she could still fly and was immune to attacks, so she's been bugged since the earlier kill and can't be touched at the moment.

Rangor said:
    We already use flash/yank back out and stuff like that. 2-3 people can't defend off 10 dragons if some of those 10 dragons know what they are doing. Every time mhaldor tries this they delay us with 10-15 minutes, then they all die and we get the giant. Similar to what 2-3 people can hope to achieve on polyargos.

This is the anti-BW/Astral one I was thinking of for Eleusis, pretty simple and you were the person I was thinking of in terms of who Loosis should ask :)

• Can't solo giant after all limbs are gone. :( 
    He just pulls you back into the room! And the longer you stay there, the faster he goes I think. Gotta use starbursts to get around his summon.

• At least he isn't Mag the Mighty Chump.  Only took 6 scrubs to kill him.

Rangor said:
    Can't solo giant after all limbs are gone. :( 
    He just pulls you back into the room! And the longer you stay there, the faster he goes I think. Gotta use starbursts to get around his summon.

Doesn't work anymore! Even if you burst, he'll pull you back in, even from gare.

• just use your class skills

• Is it just me or is Rakia way easier than Oughlor? 

1. One limb (wings) vs 4 limbs (the 1 wing has roughly the same amount of health as one of Oughlor's limbs, from what I could see).

2. Rakia wasn't aggro at all? She straight up ignored Jhui before he started killing her. I thought she aggroed on Maklak fighters if they were in the room when she entered? You guys still have to deal with blizzard, but no aggro at all means it's very unrealistic to try to defend her. 

3. You guys can earring away from her, and she will try to follow instead of summoning you back? 

4. Oughlor straightup instakills people with freeze/pound, Rakia's tankable solo? 

I heard about the reflect damage thing, but that makes her harder for groups that just lean their bashing attacks, not solo people who know what they're doing. 

I'm not complaining, it just seems weird that Oughlor is more difficult to kill while still being easier to defend. Am I missing something?

i'm a rebel

This discussion has been closed.