June Event & Promo

Comments

• Sarapis said:

He bought 600 credits and got 5-6 thousand credits worth? He either got incredibly lucky or MKO ran a broken promo. ;)

I think it's broken, because he was telling me the price of the artefacts in the shop or however they get their artefacts. And he had a bug happen when he tried to put one artefact together and broke MKO momentarily...

meh

• edited June 2014
    I just wish I'd stop only getting hourglass and vault pieces.

Seriously. At least one item in a set that I want now.

Edit: Wing pieces. Brooch pieces. Robes pieces. Anything. Can't help but feel kinda ripped off by this RNG stuff. :(
  • I've gotten like 800cr or so, and I've maybe gotten 60cr from trading. All about the gambling, and I'm terrible at it.

• I turned 1200c into a Lupine, level 2 bracelets and a buckawns. Good promo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:

I turned 1200c into a Lupine, level 2 bracelets and a buckawns. Good promo.

turned 700 cr into 2000.

agreed on good promo lol

• I hate you people :(

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I've been sorely tempted to try my hand at this, but my luck sucks

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited June 2014

Just bought 300 credits, got 353 credits worth of talisman pieces (tophatthread, robesthread, buckawnsclasp), plus 30 45 credits for Elite+5%. Pretty legit promo.

• Actually your robe thread is worth 500-1000.

• I was pretty lucky here, not so lucky on Imperian.  I'd reported my hauls here: 

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/175044/#Comment_175044

I'm generally not a fan of any sort of promotion where I don't know what I'm getting though, but it at least *seems* that admin built in a minimum return on this one that is comparable to a 30% credit sale (although if you didn't trade at all some of those would be bound, which isn't really a problem for me). 

• Not having the ability to purchase missing pieces at a normal price (as they do over on Imperian) seems to be pretty devastating for those trying to complete things like robes in particular.  I wouldn't even try it.  It benefits people who are selling those pieces of course, but makes the market really volatile and extreme.

• Jules said:

Not having the ability to purchase missing pieces at a normal price (as they do over on Imperian) seems to be pretty devastating for those trying to complete things like robes in particular.  I wouldn't even try it.  It benefits people who are selling those pieces of course, but makes the market really volatile and extreme.

I agree with this. If we could have -some- way of completing pieces outside of RNG, which people use to drive up to extreme prices, that'd be cool. Maybe make it only available to people who have 3/4 of the pieces, idk

• @Sarapis @Tecton @Makarios because I can't friggin edit my post

• We already provide a trade-in value if you can't complete! That's the solution. Getting the rarest item in the promotion is not supposed to be common or easy. If it was, it'd be an even more absurdly good promotion. 

• Sarapis said:

He bought 600 credits and got 5-6 thousand credits worth? He either got incredibly lucky or MKO ran a broken promo. ;)

My observation of the MKO promo was that there was lots of profit to be made, but the amount of luck and effort necessary was inversely proportionate to the size of your credit purchase. Still, (and it hasn't even finished yet!) one of my fondest experiences of IRE of all time, and well worth the outlay just in terms of the fun of trading.

That said, and say this with the greatest respect to those who have previously commented, noting that they got more bang for their buck completely ignores the fact that they are entirely different economies. MKO's active playerbase is probably smaller than Cyrene's, with all of the economic disparities that brings. It would be like me sitting here at my Alienware laptop and saying it isn't fair that a guy in Madeupisthan can feed his family for $9 a month.

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • The 5% extra bonus is nice, but I bought 1,000 credits literally 2 days before the 5% was implemented. I think it would be fair to give a retroactive bonus to people who bought in the last few days.

• Talysin said:

The 5% extra bonus is nice, but I bought 1,000 credits literally 2 days before the 5% was implemented. I think it would be fair to give a retroactive bonus to people who bought in the last few days.

Honestly, this is always one of the things that makes me think thrice before purchasing credits. If you're a player that can't afford to buy them every month, you're always worried about missing a great promo.

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I always wait for the good promo's.

A) Humgii race tickets involved.

B) 20-30% raw bonus.

C) Never expected a crazy ass promo like this, but I took full advantage. Going to be a while until I buy new credits now :P

• i think i brought about 1300 cr or so this month. so i gonna restraint myself for now... (except i would be still subbing to get my credits monthly.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Talysin said:

The 5% extra bonus is nice, but I bought 1,000 credits literally 2 days before the 5% was implemented. I think it would be fair to give a retroactive bonus to people who bought in the last few days.

@Tecton and @Sarapis have historically been pretty awesome about retro promo bonuses. Would recommend asking. Tecton in particular took pity on me once when there was an auction started not quite a day after I'd bought a dirk and SoA and let me put 'em back on the shelf at full refund so I had a chance to compete.

Worst case scenario you don't get your extra 50cr.

• Oh shit. I can't remember if I've got 100 or 125 coming, but hell yes.

• Sarapis said:

We already provide a trade-in value if you can't complete! That's the solution. Getting the rarest item in the promotion is not supposed to be common or easy. If it was, it'd be an even more absurdly good promotion. 

I think the robes are a super special item, too right?  I hadn't paid too close attention because it wasn't something I really wanted/needed, but that does make things different there.  Almost like an auction, really.  I do hope you might consider selling completion pieces "Imperian style" in the future though - even though I probably benefited from the market volatility since I was a mostly a seller (and probably would most often be a seller).  It would probably make the promos more friendly for newer players, too, who might have more trouble valuing their items.  It's kind of sharkish out there.  

• Er, completion pieces for ordinary items I mean.  Somehow I edited that part out, gah.  

• Sarapis said:
    We're actually going to be retroactively crediting everyone who bought this month with the extra 5% if they didn't get it. 

Will these be given out during the promotion or afterwards?

TL;DR When will I get my credits? :D

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Sarapis said:
    We're actually going to be retroactively crediting everyone who bought this month with the extra 5% if they didn't get it. 

This makes me very happy. I rarely buy credits, but I did this month, and literally the next day the 5% bonus came in. I couldn't believe it. Hahah.

• Daeir said:
    Atalkez said:
    Halios said:
    Atalkez said:

turned 700 cr into 2000.

agreed on good promo lol

Traded in Lupine and bracelets to facilitate class change to BM and get level two band. Still a good promo lol

You are going to regret trading in your Lupine so bad in a few weeks. I cried inside every time we got into LoS fights when I did exactly the same thing when switching to BM. Life is so hard without having cruise-missiles in arrow form to lean on.

Meh. 1000c, I'll get it again next month if it's that big of an issue.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

Atalkez said:

Daeir said:
    Atalkez said:
    Halios said:
    Atalkez said:

turned 700 cr into 2000.

agreed on good promo lol

Traded in Lupine and bracelets to facilitate class change to BM and get level two band. Still a good promo lol

You are going to regret trading in your Lupine so bad in a few weeks. I cried inside every time we got into LoS fights when I did exactly the same thing when switching to BM. Life is so hard without having cruise-missiles in arrow form to lean on.

Meh. 1000c, I'll get it again next month if it's that big of an issue.

1500cr for a BM and your accuracy will suck

This discussion has been closed.