June Event & Promo

Comments

• Jeeze, all those years of people complaining about how Team Red had all that admin support with winning issues, 140% and free arties. Now, finally, Team Blue gets some love and you're still complaining?

• Rakia is only aggro if you enter the room where Rakia is, not if she patrols into your room, or it'd be even more obnoxious to prepare for her than it already is.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I saw people walk into Rakia's room and not get hit a lot, though, that's what confused me. She must have a 1-2 second delay before ripping people apart. 

i'm a rebel

• Seragorn and Jhui killed Rakia while only dying 3 times, any and all points about Rakia being just as hard as Oghulor just went flying out the window. We used brazier on Oghulor for a while so they stopped that by making him summon no matter what. What are they going to do with Rakia and flying? They just land, gut, fly. The entire fight except during wings phase. 

• And I've been in the room with Oughlor after his arms are dead, and I'm pretty sure nobody was even remotely in danger.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:

And I've been in the room with Oughlor after his arms are dead, and I'm pretty sure nobody was even remotely in danger.

He can still freeze pound with no arms fairly easily.

• Yeah he's not too hard after the summoning and instakill portion

• You're still missing things about Rakia, pretty sure. Oughlar and Rakia are comparable. 

• @Melodie‌ Looks like I was right after all!

Eleusis,

We have received a letter from the Speaker of Eleusis herself requesting Cyrene's aid in battling the forces of Maklak and the chilly cold that he provides. While as a city and a group, we are used to hearty winters and blizzards aplenty, we are convinced that the cold that he provides will be dangerous to Nature and cities alike.

With that you have our assistance. Our citizens will no longer support the wizard Maklak in his frosty machinations and instead, we will work towards the ends of Yudhishthira. We hope that we are able to earn Yudhishthira's blessing as well, but that is not the purpose behind our change. We require no offical recognition or validation from either of these beings, we are simply doing what we now believe to be right.

Verrucht.

Where can Ashtan/Mhaldor sign up for their yeti pets?
  • What exactly has Cyrene done in the event so far? It doesn't change anything at all, unless they suddenly start participating. :|

i'm a rebel

• Also I would just like to add that ICly how much of a joke it is.  It would seem that they don't know their history very well.  Artemis' lore/backstory firmly place Cyrene as an enemy

• If ever there was an incident to show how low Oughlor's damage output is, especially once his arms are broken, that was it.

To be clear, Rakia's damage decreases a fraction when wings die, and all of her attacks are still AoE.

• That was extremely close. We had: Tesha, Davio, Havyn, Shiro, Morthif, Carmell, Nyderrasethi, Melodie, Deladan. Oughlor hurts pretty badly, and we were spamming attacks like mad. You guys didn't engage until we already got the two most important limbs down, and the remaining 7 dragons killed his legs before he killed the room. As I said about soulspears, sniping a few people won't wipe the group. If you guys did a room attack or two, we would have wiped. I'm pretty sure everyone had extremely low health after that.

But if the exact same groups fought over Rakia, she'd be ignoring you guys and we might trade casualties efficiently. 2 people would still be able to kill Rakia before we're done embracing, though.

i'm a rebel

• My dick's bigger.

• edited June 2014

Targossas/Cyrene are pretty hostile towards eachother, they openly scorn one another (in forums too! see my above random snark towards Cyrene which wasn't really justified, but they were making fun of Targ in the house renaissance thread so I got childish and snarked back here a few days later, sry). Cyrene/Eleusis isn't something you'd ever have to worry about. Targossas/Eleusis isn't something you'd ever have to worry about outside of the event. Sure, people might be friendly, but only people who were already friendly. There's no need to worry about real alliances lasting beyond the scope of the event.

i'm a rebel

• My dick's bigger.

pics or I can't confirm it.

• Achimrst said:

My dick's bigger.

pics or I can't confirm it.

Here's a dick for ya...

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• RuthRuth Singapore

Well, as always, I think we shall have to see what happens after the event (like what was proven in the CTF)!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Jurixe said:
    It is somewhat disappointing to see the alliances that people tried so hard to break up in the past re-emerging, even as watered-down versions of what they used to be. Even if Cyrene never fields a single person, this stance has implications - it implies cooperation between the factions, and for Eleusis/Cyrene/Targossas with already historically friendly ties, they will be much harder to remain apart now than Ashtan/Mhaldor (Ashtan still raided us once in the course of the event, I think), particularly as they seldom engage in any offensive action against each other that would spur the breaking of these ties. 

I understand that there are perfectly justifiable reasons ICly for these alliances happening, but after such a concerted push to separate Team Red/Team Blue and have each city stand more or less alone, this seems like a step back. I would be pleasantly surprised if Eleusis continued to be (somewhat) hostile towards Targossas after this event, but perhaps I am being pessimistic.

I wanted to buddy up with Jhui, but his shoulder is so coooold these days.

I might need a little help getting a reason to be aggro on Targossas over them cities that tried to end Nature by freezing it though......

• Rangor said:
    Jurixe said:
    It is somewhat disappointing to see the alliances that people tried so hard to break up in the past re-emerging, even as watered-down versions of what they used to be. Even if Cyrene never fields a single person, this stance has implications - it implies cooperation between the factions, and for Eleusis/Cyrene/Targossas with already historically friendly ties, they will be much harder to remain apart now than Ashtan/Mhaldor (Ashtan still raided us once in the course of the event, I think), particularly as they seldom engage in any offensive action against each other that would spur the breaking of these ties. 

I understand that there are perfectly justifiable reasons ICly for these alliances happening, but after such a concerted push to separate Team Red/Team Blue and have each city stand more or less alone, this seems like a step back. I would be pleasantly surprised if Eleusis continued to be (somewhat) hostile towards Targossas after this event, but perhaps I am being pessimistic.

I wanted to buddy up with Jhui, but his shoulder is so coooold these days.

I might need a little help getting a reason to be aggro on Targossas over them cities that tried to end Nature by freezing it though......

Haven't you learned anything from Mhaldor and Ashtan? You don't pick ONE city. You go after them ALL. Mother fuckers paved over paradise and put up a parking lot.

• Triak said:

Also I would just like to add that ICly how much of a joke it is.  It would seem that they don't know their history very well.  Artemis' lore/backstory firmly place Cyrene as an enemy

I don't like Cyrene going with that decision very much, but I don't think this argument is valid. Just because ages ago Cyrenians stood opposed to nature doesn't mean that the opposition to nature is part of the city's ethos. It would be a different thing if Artemis had still held a big grudge against Cyrene and had turned Eleusis against it, but considering that Eleusis seems to consider that matter closed and even asked for Cyrene's help, why should Cyrene care? It all comes down to the opinions of individuals then, and Cyrenian individuals haven't been anti-nature in modern times for the most part (or there wouldn't ever have been Cyrenian forestals, Cyrenians in Eleusian houses, or Cyrenians in nature god orders).

But yeah, I still would have far preferred Cyrene going neutral on this instead of joining the "blue team".

• KyrraKyrra Australia

Half of Cyrene are members of Eleusian houses, I don't know why anyone's surprised that they went to alliance with Eleusis.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

There is a single remaining Cyrenian in an Eleusian House, that I'm aware of. And even before then, it definitely wasn't half - I can only think of 3-4. Quite a few have left to further support Cyrene, though, which I think is a very good move and am glad for them.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Someone should totally sell me the grand magi robe trim for 1k credits.

• Melodie said:

There is a single remaining Cyrenian in an Eleusian House, that I'm aware of. And even before then, it definitely wasn't half - I can only think of 3-4. Quite a few have left to further support Cyrene, though, which I think is a very good move and am glad for them.

What can I say, I'm a... special... person.  Still, there are many people in Cyrene who care about nature or who have family that are Eleusians.

• I honestly have to say this. My husband's bought 600 credits this month (on MKO) and has made between 5 to 6 thousand credits worth of artefacts, not including ones that he traded in. I think they got the better side of the promotion because there just seems that there's a few artefacts that people -really- want in our promotion, and things like the top hat and hourglass seem to be a 'meh' choice. Then again, that could just be my opinion.

meh

• He bought 600 credits and got 5-6 thousand credits worth? He either got incredibly lucky or MKO ran a broken promo. ;)

• Sarapis said:

He bought 600 credits and got 5-6 thousand credits worth? He either got incredibly lucky or MKO ran a broken promo. ;)

Depends. I've been offered 5.5k credits for a set of robes in our promo, and I've heard (unconfirmed) that someone was offering -7k-. Incidentally, if anyone reading this is the aforementioned 7k person, talk to me. I want these robes bad but not THAT bad.

This discussion has been closed.