Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

June Event & Promo

SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
edited June 2014 in North of Thera

Discussion of the Conclave event (Maklak vs. Yudhishthira) and the promo with it here.

We don't typically give out info like this, but as we don't normally tie promos to events, I'll tell you this is, in terms of average credit value received per credit spent, probably the most rewarding promo we've ever run. If you value the artefacts in the promo at their 'list' value, it's a bit more than double as rewarding as most promos, and the fallback, which is redeeming the pieces for credits, is still a bit more rewarding than most promos. Disclaimer is that it's random so those are averages, of course! Might be more, might be less.

(And that's without taking into account the bonus pieces you get at 500, 1000, 1500 credits, etc.)

ExelethrilJules
«13456712

Comments

  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Questions! 
    1. Can you get the talisman pieces from hunting the elementals? 

    2. How many talisman pieces to make a full set? Is it like the gold dragon tooth/blue dragon scale thing where they're super rare/expensive and you need 64 of them?

    3. Are these areas now considered open-pk/intended to be made open-pk?

    4. Can we get information on what talisman sets are in this promotion? It's a lot less attractive if it's 5% chance to get talisman piece for atavian wings or robes of will, and then 95% for an arti vial or pipe.


     i'm a rebel

  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    Nope, you can't get them from hunting.

    Four pieces to each Talisman, all level 1, all equal rarity.

    I can't comment on the open-pk issue, as I don't really deal with that side of things. Will find out and post here when I know.

    The arties in the promotion are in announce #4138. You can also do TALISMAN SET CONCLAVE and then TALISMAN INFO <one-word-talisman-name>, though the displays for those are....not pretty.


  • VerilyVerily Member Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited June 2014

    While I'm not a huge fan of purchased talismans, I do like that a redeem/sell function has been added for leftover pieces, and I love the event behind things. It's neat to see the promotion having some related happenings. Only one honest complaint: Yudhi's name is spelled wrong all throughout the Announce post! The poor dragon.

    Jules
  • SantarSantar Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    I'm whipping out my Visa as we speak.

    image

    Tharvis
  • SuladanSuladan Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    There are two sets - the hourglass and minipet that are not regular artefacts. What would the value be for trading in those pieces should you not complete the set?

    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,935 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    When it says this:

    "To give an example, one of the talismans is a new version of the Robes of the Magi, bestowing a 1/3rd reduction in willpower usage as well as mana usage. If you/your city are supporting Maklak, when you complete the talisman, you'll receive Robes of the Ice Mage, which will not be available after this promotion. If you're supporting Yudishthira, you'll receive Robes of the Fire Mage."

    Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?

  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
    @Suladan Hourglass is 50 credit equivalent, Minipet is 200 credit equivalent.

  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,354 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2014

    @Sarapis‌ : Do the individual drop rates for each artefact vary significantly in accordance to their value?


    Edit : Actually, I think that's most likely.


    [ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

    [ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    @Exelethril Yeah, they vary significantly, or the value per piece would be more than twice the credits you actually got.

    Exelethril
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,246 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Great Hunt?
    Wessux
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,538 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can we get full trade-in value if we already have the existing item and want to replace it with the new sparkling one?  Kind of sucks for people to lose 1/3rd of value to swap out their atavian, ring of flying etc.  

    image
    Goggo
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    No, you can't, but you can rest easy noting that just trading in the pieces still makes this on par with the best promos we've ever run. If you complete it and trade it in for 2/3rds value, it's far and away the best promo we've ever run, much less if you complete it.

  • JhuiJhui Member Posts: 1,958 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:

    Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?

    this

    image
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    The Robes of the Grand Magi are not in the plans to be a regular artefact after this promotion is over if that's what you're wondering. I can't say never because who knows what happens years from now, but you're certainly not going to be able to just pick them up next month or whatever.

    Jhui
  • GreysGreys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    First pass: Yudhi has turned Poly into the most amazing hunting area on Sapience.  Maklak's area is a waste of time for a Logosian to hunt.  Guess which my side backed?

  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean

    Grr, that's probably why Maklak won out in Cyrene, now that you say it.  Poor Yudhi.

  • GreysGreys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

    Yeah, him being the stronger one makes him less appealing.

    Jules
  • GreysGreys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited June 2014

    @Vastar Thanks, I will double check it when I get another chance.  Its more of a trip than Poly unfortunately.  I do hope there is more there as I was really disappointed to find nothing tough to hunt there while Poly was full.

  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,538 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2014
    Antonius said:

    When it says this:

    "To give an example, one of the talismans is a new version of the Robes of the Magi, bestowing a 1/3rd reduction in willpower usage as well as mana usage. If you/your city are supporting Maklak, when you complete the talisman, you'll receive Robes of the Ice Mage, which will not be available after this promotion. If you're supporting Yudishthira, you'll receive Robes of the Fire Mage."

    Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?

    This is actually pretty substantial, does this apply to raising shrines (and other shrine powers)?

    image
  • MakariosMakarios Administrator Posts: 1,872 Achaean staff

    Yes.
    Kyrra
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern WashingtonMember Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

    Seriously Targ against the world.  So not fair.

    SeifurKei
  • GreysGreys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

    Found them! Complaint withdrawn!  :D

  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,312 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Makarios said:

    We thought for certain it'd be the other way around. Who even is Maklak anyways.

    We're doing our best to try to make it less lopsided though, never fear!

    I haven't forgotten about Maklak. I still have a frozen shard of flame from the Fire and Ice/Ice and Fire days. I'm just hoping these new talisman sets don't sway people to pick a side purely on an aesthetic basis and dismiss the main reasons for the event to begin with.



    Shunsui
  • JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Makarios said:

    We thought for certain it'd be the other way around. Who even is Maklak anyways.

    We're doing our best to try to make it less lopsided though, never fear!

    I already got Ashtan to kill someone from our 'team'! I'm helping too!

    image
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

    Caladbolg
  • GreysGreys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

    Hey, I love having this hunting ground to myself.  Plus, now there is pretty much no bragging rights for winning so can relax and just get gold.

    Jukilian
This discussion has been closed.