June Event & Promo

edited June 2014 in North of Thera

Discussion of the Conclave event (Maklak vs. Yudhishthira) and the promo with it here.

We don't typically give out info like this, but as we don't normally tie promos to events, I'll tell you this is, in terms of average credit value received per credit spent, probably the most rewarding promo we've ever run. If you value the artefacts in the promo at their 'list' value, it's a bit more than double as rewarding as most promos, and the fallback, which is redeeming the pieces for credits, is still a bit more rewarding than most promos. Disclaimer is that it's random so those are averages, of course! Might be more, might be less.

(And that's without taking into account the bonus pieces you get at 500, 1000, 1500 credits, etc.)

Comments

• Questions! 
    1. Can you get the talisman pieces from hunting the elementals? 

2. How many talisman pieces to make a full set? Is it like the gold dragon tooth/blue dragon scale thing where they're super rare/expensive and you need 64 of them?

3. Are these areas now considered open-pk/intended to be made open-pk?

4. Can we get information on what talisman sets are in this promotion? It's a lot less attractive if it's 5% chance to get talisman piece for atavian wings or robes of will, and then 95% for an arti vial or pipe.

i'm a rebel

• Nope, you can't get them from hunting.

Four pieces to each Talisman, all level 1, all equal rarity.

I can't comment on the open-pk issue, as I don't really deal with that side of things. Will find out and post here when I know.

The arties in the promotion are in announce #4138. You can also do TALISMAN SET CONCLAVE and then TALISMAN INFO <one-word-talisman-name>, though the displays for those are....not pretty.

• edited June 2014

While I'm not a huge fan of purchased talismans, I do like that a redeem/sell function has been added for leftover pieces, and I love the event behind things. It's neat to see the promotion having some related happenings. Only one honest complaint: Yudhi's name is spelled wrong all throughout the Announce post! The poor dragon.

• I'm whipping out my Visa as we speak.

• There are two sets - the hourglass and minipet that are not regular artefacts. What would the value be for trading in those pieces should you not complete the set?

The Truths hurt. Always.
  • When it says this:

"To give an example, one of the talismans is a new version of the Robes of the Magi, bestowing a 1/3rd reduction in willpower usage as well as mana usage. If you/your city are supporting Maklak, when you complete the talisman, you'll receive Robes of the Ice Mage, which will not be available after this promotion. If you're supporting Yudishthira, you'll receive Robes of the Fire Mage."

Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?

• @Suladan Hourglass is 50 credit equivalent, Minipet is 200 credit equivalent.

• edited June 2014

@Sarapis‌ : Do the individual drop rates for each artefact vary significantly in accordance to their value?

Edit : Actually, I think that's most likely.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • @Exelethril Yeah, they vary significantly, or the value per piece would be more than twice the credits you actually got.

• Great Hunt?
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Can we get full trade-in value if we already have the existing item and want to replace it with the new sparkling one?  Kind of sucks for people to lose 1/3rd of value to swap out their atavian, ring of flying etc.  

• No, you can't, but you can rest easy noting that just trading in the pieces still makes this on par with the best promos we've ever run. If you complete it and trade it in for 2/3rds value, it's far and away the best promo we've ever run, much less if you complete it.

• Antonius said:

Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?

this

• The Robes of the Grand Magi are not in the plans to be a regular artefact after this promotion is over if that's what you're wondering. I can't say never because who knows what happens years from now, but you're certainly not going to be able to just pick them up next month or whatever.

• First pass: Yudhi has turned Poly into the most amazing hunting area on Sapience.  Maklak's area is a waste of time for a Logosian to hunt.  Guess which my side backed?

• Grr, that's probably why Maklak won out in Cyrene, now that you say it.  Poor Yudhi.

• Yeah, him being the stronger one makes him less appealing.

• edited June 2014

@Vastar Thanks, I will double check it when I get another chance.  Its more of a trip than Poly unfortunately.  I do hope there is more there as I was really disappointed to find nothing tough to hunt there while Poly was full.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited June 2014
    Antonius said:

When it says this:

"To give an example, one of the talismans is a new version of the Robes of the Magi, bestowing a 1/3rd reduction in willpower usage as well as mana usage. If you/your city are supporting Maklak, when you complete the talisman, you'll receive Robes of the Ice Mage, which will not be available after this promotion. If you're supporting Yudishthira, you'll receive Robes of the Fire Mage."

This is actually pretty substantial, does this apply to raising shrines (and other shrine powers)?

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

Seriously Targ against the world.  So not fair.

• Found them! Complaint withdrawn!  :D

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Makarios said:

We thought for certain it'd be the other way around. Who even is Maklak anyways.

We're doing our best to try to make it less lopsided though, never fear!

I haven't forgotten about Maklak. I still have a frozen shard of flame from the Fire and Ice/Ice and Fire days. I'm just hoping these new talisman sets don't sway people to pick a side purely on an aesthetic basis and dismiss the main reasons for the event to begin with.

• Makarios said:

We thought for certain it'd be the other way around. Who even is Maklak anyways.

We're doing our best to try to make it less lopsided though, never fear!

I already got Ashtan to kill someone from our 'team'! I'm helping too!

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Hey, I love having this hunting ground to myself.  Plus, now there is pretty much no bragging rights for winning so can relax and just get gold.

This discussion has been closed.