June Event & Promo

Comments

• It's already been stated they're working on things for lower level players, I really hope they don't tune the mobs down, this is actually interesting bashing.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• VeldrinVeldrin Denmark

I said 'lesserforms' not 'lower than level 99'. And I don't know why you'd find it more interesting, from what I see in the tundra it's a ton of damage that you can't keep up healing with + stun/chill/cripple limbs constantly to prevent you from running or attacking, all of which I don't find very interesting just annoying

• Lower than 99 and lesserforms is the same thing. Things that can be handled by people without dragonform being a requisite.

As for it being interesting, anything that actually requires strategy in bashing is a nice change, Jhui and I have worked out a lot of strategies to quickly work through Polyargos with just the two of us, while maintaining a high double-dragon kill rate.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited June 2014

Jarrod said:

Lower than 99 and lesserforms is the same thing. Things that can be handled by people without dragonform being a requisite.

As for it being interesting, anything that actually requires strategy in bashing is a nice change, Jhui and I have worked out a lot of strategies to quickly work through Polyargos with just the two of us, while maintaining a high double-dragon kill rate.

To make encounters like this even more intresting how about an idea I just came up with because me going to do any of these raids is going to be near instant death to start with and doesn't really give a fun factor.

Instead of making the mobs do so much damage that they can't be tanked so people can't just solo it. Instead of a plan of rushing in and attacking it and hoping someone gets a crit/survives I suggest

Giving bosses like this a debuff that applys when an aoe hits, increasing damage taken by npcs (I'm assuming this is possible since that rune does the exact opposite now) 

Instead of this your going off a timer to kill the boss, as in if we don't kill this thing in under a minute or under two minutes then we're dead.

Could even do something different along the lines of the boss starts charging up a special attack and someone has to activate an item or say something or emote something so that the attack will hit only hit them instead of the entire room. ext ext

for instance if you have Jhui, Kross, Dalran, Fendrel, Atalkez, Jarrod, Jonesey, Dunn, all in one room tanking the guardian and it goes to use it's special attack if for instance the guardian says something like Kross im coming for you, then Kross needs to leave the room asap until he gets done or he'll instantly get killed and hit the room with a huge amount of damage.

And on the other hand if you made these bosses do percent damage instead of just pure in your face oh my god this hurts, I think lower levels could also join in.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Oh and for the record for this to work might have to make the boss uncritable, and give it a lot more life.

• edited June 2014
    Percentage damage would be much better IMO. Not pure percentage, but enough so that lower levels an participate.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

a volunteer had Maklak mention to @Jacen that there are other outposts, maybe this is something they're working on to allow mid-lowbies to participate in the combat aspect?

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Hasar said:
    Can we have wyverns only useable in Tundra/Polyargos?

Any news on this?  :'(

• Only the robes of the magi have this new effect (-wp cost)? the other arties just have different names right or they also have new stuff?

• Just the robes and hourglass are unique. The rest are customisations, the robes are completely new (they're kind of like a level 2 robes of the magi).
  • Makarios said:

Just the robes and hourglass are unique. The rest are customisations, the robes are completely new (they're kind of like a level 2 robes of the magi).

The robes and hourglass also have the distinction of 'this will not be offered again in the foreseeable future', I believe, right @Makarios?

• All I can say about the promo is that I'm seriously hoping it extends to next month. 

• edited June 2014

Any way we'd be able to see the scores? Who is winning is important, but the margin is also pretty important. Even something like how bright the sceptre glows one colour or another would be great.

Also, if I have some questions about what Haag told Tesha at one point, should I message someone or post them here or? 

i'm a rebel

• @Tesha Talk to Haag with questions.

• edited June 2014
    Caladbolg said:

Jarrod said:

Lower than 99 and lesserforms is the same thing. Things that can be handled by people without dragonform being a requisite.

To make encounters like this even more intresting how about an idea I just came up with because me going to do any of these raids is going to be near instant death to start with and doesn't really give a fun factor.

Instead of making the mobs do so much damage that they can't be tanked so people can't just solo it. Instead of a plan of rushing in and attacking it and hoping someone gets a crit/survives I suggest

Giving bosses like this a debuff that applys when an aoe hits, increasing damage taken by npcs (I'm assuming this is possible since that rune does the exact opposite now) 

Instead of this your going off a timer to kill the boss, as in if we don't kill this thing in under a minute or under two minutes then we're dead.

Could even do something different along the lines of the boss starts charging up a special attack and someone has to activate an item or say something or emote something so that the attack will hit only hit them instead of the entire room. ext ext

for instance if you have Jhui, Kross, Dalran, Fendrel, Atalkez, Jarrod, Jonesey, Dunn, all in one room tanking the guardian and it goes to use it's special attack if for instance the guardian says something like Kross im coming for you, then Kross needs to leave the room asap until he gets done or he'll instantly get killed and hit the room with a huge amount of damage.

And on the other hand if you made these bosses do percent damage instead of just pure in your face oh my god this hurts, I think lower levels could also join in.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Oh and for the record for this to work might have to make the boss uncritable, and give it a lot more life.

You won't see me there, because I can't tank the island.

With max health regen, level 2 sip, level 1 bracelets and lyre.

Need more Dragon, obviously!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Sarapis‌ : I bought 200 credits then 300 credits. I've only received 5 talisman pieces so far - do I have to buy 500 credits in one go to qualify for the bonus talisman piece?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Oh, thanks! The patrolling was the biggest reason we needed so many dragons. That's a fair point about the wyverns, I'm not too attached to them. We'll try to figure stuff out with Oughlor, it's far easier to get 6-7 dragons for a boss than it is to get 6-7 dragons to clear the minions and the boss together.

i'm a rebel

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Stuff for lower levels will be awesome when it gets introduced. Seems like a shame to have a massive, world-wide/month-long event that only higher levels/dragons can participate in.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Would definitely like if there was a way to see how far either sides are with the points/facet count. Unless that's already in and all that's needed is to talk to Haag.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited June 2014
    Hasar said:
    Hasar said:
    Can we have wyverns only useable in Tundra/Polyargos?

Any news on this?  :'(

Personally I kinda felt the wyverns outside the Tunrda/Polyargos was a nice add in for people hiding in cities with the sceptre/faccets but none of this is happening so it's kinda unneeded. 

Edit: In the assumption that we're out numbered though, with the event in it's current state seems like more targies are in on it than everyone else.

• @Sarapis‌ : I bought 200 credits then 300 credits. I've only received 5 talisman pieces so far - do I have to buy 500 credits in one go to qualify for the bonus talisman piece?

You do, but message @Tecton about it.

• edited June 2014

More feedback:

Some type of despawn like Jarrod mentioned would be good, we managed to delay them killing Rakia for an hour of nonstop fighting that turned out to be a bit pointless - it only matters if you can delay them for 3+ hours at a time, which is extremely tedious and drawn out, not something I think would be good to promote. 45 minutes after guardian comes out is long enough to give the offensive team a chance even if they die once, and short enough that it doesn't become exhausting. 

Only thing is I don't think it should give the defending team the facet because it's already depriving the offensive team of a facet.

Currently you can deprive the offensive team of a facet -and- use it if you manage to kill the facet holder or steal it from them as it's killed, both far more difficult to achieve than blocking killing it. I personally like that the more difficult options are more rewarding, we won't see stealing/killing used as much if it's the same reward as preventing the guardian from being killed. 

Also, raising a shrine (+ worldburning on engage) right on top of Oughlor is pretty strong. He's static and aggressive to Yudhi fighters, so shrine is untouchable unless you defile/yank (countered by soulspear) or defile/brazier (countered by enough flamed monoliths). Can't do similar with Rakia because she's not aggro and she patrols. I know we opened the worldburn door by doing it 10v20 on the first day, but I think this is a bit different and stronger. 

The current situation is an example of why a despawn would be good - especially for Oughlor who has been up for 5 hours. Once you entrench on him, it's really hard for the offensive team to do anything about it and it stays this way until the offensive team finally wins.

i'm a rebel

• XerXer Langley
    edited June 2014

Oughlor is aggressive to those loyal to Yudhishthira? I don't think so... 

http://www.logsty.net/logs/1ZeoV

EDIT: Tesha died because she already attacked him before the log started, but Oughlor made no moves to hit anyone else, including Alrena who hit him earlier, but truedied and was resurrected. Not that the shrine isn't strong, I'm not arguing that >.> But it didn't seem like Oughlor was aggressive from what I saw to those who didn't attack him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • edited June 2014
    He is, yes, but he might be a little buggy. He typically attacks on sight when you first find him. That's why people were dying to Nemutaur's wunjo/nairat on him.

i'm a rebel

• Maybe he doesn't get aggro when people get beckoned in? Or he's buggy, because people definitely were getting killed by him on sight.

• Could be that he's sometimes aggro, sometimes not, based on other unknown factors.

This discussion has been closed.