Class Tweaking

Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2013
    Jarrel said:
    @Caladbolg: So you're suggesting that if you get 'god mode' (ie, the defs you mentioned in and out of your class, which aren't particularly hard to obtain) you shouldn't die to %age based kill set up damage attacks at all?
    What im saying is mir stance shin heal let's me live through everyone else. Runes,Earth Blessings, Shin heal, Vitiate, Mir stance doesn't let me even last five seconds against you.     and I've already suggested Mir stance gets nerfed for the damage reduction is a bit much.

• I think it's just that Horkval + Algiz and whatever else he had taking 75% on a mild internal is quite high. 

Blademaster offence is more broken though.

• He didn't have Algiz or Horkval for that fight. He's theorizing. He was a human with 0 armour (Sanya), no damage mitigation, minimal health regen/gain arties, if at all.

Caladbolg posting this log and attempting to prove how little damage mitigation classes have against BBT is like losing your ring the dark corner of the room and then searching in the other corner because there's more light there.

Jarrel-smalljpg

edited March 2013
    Jarrel said:
    He didn't have Algiz or Horkval for that fight. He's theorizing. He was a human with 0 armour (Sanya), no damage mitigation, minimal health regen/gain arties, if at all.

Caladbolg posting this log and attempting to prove how little damage mitigation classes have against BBT is like losing your ring the dark corner of the room and then searching in the other corner because there's more light there.
    I race changed to human and stacked strength after our fights. btw.

And I don't think im attempting to prove how little damage mitigation classes have against bbt. Because again I keep saying I've tanked 2 level 1 torsos from alot of people, 5 dragon bites, three non torso bbt's level 1 torso disembowels. I've made people literally. Say F it give up and go back to city because I tanked all the damage.. What im saying is if -I- can't tank it then wtf is this.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    @Jarrel I was in Skype call with Salad when this fight was going down, I had just runed him and he had yet to change to human.

I dunno enough about this stuff to say who's right or wrong here but I'm of the belief that  everyone should be on the same page and have the correct information the rest of us go and get the torches and pitchforks.

#waitingexpectantlytoshoutmonsteranddriveoutofvillage

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited March 2013
    Frankly, I consider it pretty lame to have TFs (sometimes inevitable), runes, blessings etc for 1v1 that you obtain outside of your own class. It might be because I have enough artefacts to safely tank most opponents but it's a sentiment I've always stood by, purely for the fact that each class should be able to operate competently on its own vs most classes without 'interference' in order to have a 'true' match of skill vs skill, again this can be argued against with curing is done by systems, so on and so forth, some classes are inherently weaker to others etc. but at the end of the day I think your true 'skill' per se is how you organize, direct and execute your offense in an efficacious manner.

Edit: To reply, I'm flattered that you felt you had to stack defenses vs me but imagine you won, you tanked 3 level 1 torso damage BBTs. Would I not be here instead of you ranting about how retarded Mir/ES/Runes/Horkval stacking is? Would that be fairer? Why is it that you feel you should have been able to tank it? You're not especially artied, you're not realistically of a class in the top end of the spectrum that can mitigate damage/heal up extremely well. Surely you should if anything, feel it was fair that you died to my damage in a well set up execution?

Jarrel-smalljpg

• I don't think they get those things to help their offence, but to survive your artefacted one.

Jarrel said:
    Frankly, I consider it pretty lame to have TFs (sometimes inevitable), runes, blessings etc for 1v1 that you obtain outside of your own class. It might be because I have enough artefacts to safely tank most opponents but it's a sentiment I've always stood by, purely for the fact that each class should be able to operate competently on its own vs most classes without 'interference' in order to have a 'true' match of skill vs skill, again this can be argued against with curing is done by systems, so on and so forth, some classes are inherently weaker to others etc. but at the end of the day I think your true 'skill' per se is how you organize, direct and execute your offense in an efficacious manner.

You didn't run from impaleslash with my mighty 12 strength 17 con horkval spec I kill with brokenstar and brokenstar alone. So your tanking arties has absolutely no effect on brokenstar unless your counting wings.

• Recommend lv 3 defensive artefacts vs lv 3 offensive artefacts.
  • Caladbolg said:
    Jarrel said:

You didn't run from impaleslash with my mighty 12 strength 17 con horkval spec I kill with brokenstar and brokenstar alone. So your tanking arties has absolutely no effect on brokenstar unless your counting wings.
    Are you implying Robes of Magi, +3 Intel, +2 Bracelet have absolutely no effect vs brokenstar? This is news to me, I think I've been ripped off

Jarrel-smalljpg

• Garao said:
    I don't think they get those things to help their offence, but to survive your artefacted one.
    I'm open to fighting people without my artefacts on most occasions. I however retract that offer from the table once I feel I have been wronged by that person for whatever reason, teaming, poor sportsmanship etc.

Jarrel-smalljpg

• Just duel him no offensive arties or something, as long as he doesn't go and get algiz etc. (suggestion, not demand)

• Jarrel was willing to fight without his artifacts when I asked him. I would prefer getting blessings instead of asking him to not to use things he spent thousands of dollars on, personally.

i'm a rebel

Jarrel said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Jarrel said:

Are you implying Robes of Magi, +3 Intel, +2 Bracelet have absolutely no effect vs brokenstar? This is news to me, I think I've been ripped off
    Robes of magi doesn't effect clot. Impaleslash causes 100 bleeding and makes impaleslash do 60+1/30th of your max mana. So a little but when I stack 1000 bleeding your not clotting it.

• Caladbolg said:
    Jarrel said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Jarrel said:

Robes of magi doesn't effect clot. Impaleslash causes 100 bleeding and makes impaleslash do 60+1/30th of your max mana. So a little but when I stack 1000 bleeding your not clotting it.

#-o
  • edited March 2013
    So now, just to be clear, are you retracting your previous statement of 'So your tanking arties has absolutely no effect on brokenstar unless your counting wings.'? and replacing it with 'A little'?

@Garao: No offense but, why would I want to fight a guy without my offensive artefacts who claims he can tank (quote) " 2 level 1 torsos from alot of people, 5 dragon bites, three non torso bbt's level 1 torso disembowels" no problem? Would there be a realistic chance of winning? Would anyone want to take part in a fight where they have no chance of winning? I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sorry to say I'm here to win, not walk in the sunshine of forums approbation.

Jarrel-smalljpg

Jarrel said:
    So now, just to be clear, are you retracting your previous statement of 'So your tanking arties has absolutely no effect on brokenstar unless your counting wings.'? and replacing it with 'A little'?

@Garao: Why would I want to fight a guy without my offensive artefacts who claims he can tank (quote) " 2 level 1 torsos from alot of people, 5 dragon bites, three non torso bbt's level 1 torso disembowels" no problem? Would there be a realistic chance of winning? Would anyone want to take part in a fight where they have no chance of winning? I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sorry to say I'm here to win, not walk in the sunshine of forums approbation.
    I ment a little on the int part, as in.. if you have 3000 mana impaleslash will be 160 mana per clot and if you have 6000 mana Impaleslash will be 260 mana per clot.. With 3000 mana you can clot 18.75 times we'll round it to 19 for 380 total bleed. and with 6000 mana you can clot 23 times for 460 bleed total, Assuming your at max mana.

• Why would I even play this game then? I might as well /wrists and sit in the bathtub.
    You would kill yourself over a text game?
  • Coz it's fun and that test of "Skill" like you were saying earlier. Though being able to survive "2 level 1 torsos from alot of people" isn't exactly a testament to a huge op defence. Didn't he mention that he had those "god mode" defs for that which he wouldn't if you dueled unartied anyway

• Just going to throw it out there, though it's probably already been said.

In no particular order: Caladbolg, Garao and possibly Xith have made the combat section of these forums almost unreadable.
  • edited March 2013
    Dude, actually I have a legitimate tweak that I don't think anyone would protest for my class and Occultists. Which is Wheel tarot. This thing is pretty useless for the most part unless you're playing a game where some unfortunate or lucky person wants you to do it. It currently just randomly removes or adds exp (permanent) or decreases/increases 1 stat (temp). It's totally unusuable in combat since it's against rules to use on unwilling people and can result in shrubbing.

Also you can't use it on yourself. Would be nice if it had a better use.
  • about jarrel... I don't mess with him. His axk nearly destroys me. I tried this several times. Jarrel > your health.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Kaie said:
    Dude, actually I have a legitimate tweak that I don't think anyone would protest for my class and Occultists. Which is Wheel tarot. This thing is pretty useless for the most part unless you're playing a game where some unfortunate or lucky person wants you to do it. It currently just randomly removes or adds exp (permanent) or decreases/increases 1 stat (temp). It's totally unusuable in combat since it's against rules to use on unwilling people and can result in shrubbing.

There are a lot of abilities that don't have any real use even before factoring in curing systems.

Also regarding wheel

You casually flip the Wheel of Fortune tarot to the ground and a large wheel with various brightly-
    coloured sections and a pointer appears. It begins to spin quickly round and round.
    (p) 4952h, 3980m, 22915e, 18303w ecdbk 63- 21:29:07.141 |-
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    (p) 4952h, 3980m, 22925e, 18309w excdbk 63- 21:29:09.637 |-
    The wheel slows down and stops with the pointer on 'Experience Gain.' A pleased look flashes across
    Achilles's face.
    You gasp with the realisation that Achilles has reached the level of Greater Dragon.
  • Garao said:
    Coz it's fun and that test of "Skill" like you were saying earlier. Though being able to survive "2 level 1 torsos from alot of people" isn't exactly a testament to a huge op defence. Didn't he mention that he had those "god mode" defs for that which he wouldn't if you dueled unartied anyway
    Not really, there's skill and then there's chance where you cross your fingers and hope something goes wrong for someone to die in a way which would otherwise be close to impossible and difficult to replicate providing they're not totally stupid, Idiocy is when you mistake the two. 

Jarrel-smalljpg

• Achilles said:
    Kaie said:

There are a lot of abilities that don't have any real use even before factoring in curing systems.

Also regarding wheel

You casually flip the Wheel of Fortune tarot to the ground and a large wheel with various brightly-
    coloured sections and a pointer appears. It begins to spin quickly round and round.
    (p) 4952h, 3980m, 22915e, 18303w ecdbk 63- 21:29:07.141 |-
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    (p) 4952h, 3980m, 22925e, 18309w excdbk 63- 21:29:09.637 |-
    The wheel slows down and stops with the pointer on 'Experience Gain.' A pleased look flashes across
    Achilles's face.
    You gasp with the realisation that Achilles has reached the level of Greater Dragon.
    ....... LIES!
    The wheel hesitates and then comes to a stop with no discernable effect.
  • Actual suggestion: Let delphinium, epteth and epseth bypass Shrugging. Apart from that, leave as is.

Would write out an explination, but I am on my phone. Sure the smart guys here can figure out the reasoning.

Thoughts?

• that's really just an upgrade for knight vs shrugging

I'm not saying it's bad, but bards, sentinels, other serps, etc, need to be included when thinking about a shrugging fix
  • Why would we even keep shrugging?

Seriously, any venom v serpent = why bother
  • Change shrugging to have a chance of curing a random venom affliction when you're hit with a venom instead of having a chance to ignore that venom. This seems like a perfectly balanced suggestion.
  • Delete lifevision, turn shrugging into an active ability akin to monk immunity.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.