Class Tweaking

Comments

• Mishgul said:
    I like how this thread turned into noobs trying to buff one of the griefiest classes in the game
    Never fear. It'll always morph into an expert from another class pretending to know things about aforementioned class.

Wish I'd saved that Tesha log to show you just how "griefy" it is.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I care not to see your mediocre work after having witnessed Fangorn's supremacy

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Falgorn*

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited March 2013
    Lol, I'm not attempting to find new ways to kill newbies. I'm just interested in new ways to do things. I'm not sure how Jester is the griefiest class in the game either. Perhaps in it's past it was a great greifing class. Dirty tricks can only be played out so often. Seeking a more solid approach to offense that doesn't require 3 minutes of working for 1 shot hardly seems like an op request.
    You will learn the next time someone decent gets bored enough to go jester.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Jester is very griefy. I know because I grief Goggo constantly with Jester theory practice on Kard's ship.

• edited March 2013
    Xith said:
    Mishgul said:
    I like how this thread turned into noobs trying to buff one of the griefiest classes in the game
    Never fear. It'll always morph into an expert from another class pretending to know things about aforementioned class.

What? How did I get mentioned? lol :( you just tried death, peace is amazing against it. (seduce probably is too! I have other ideas but they all have chances of failing)

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    Xith said:
    Mishgul said:

What? How did I get mentioned? lol :( you just tried death, peace is amazing against it. (seduce probably is too! I have other ideas but they all have chances of failing)
    I think his point is that you easily negated his griefing potential.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2013
    You take a drink from an oaken vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    (4468h|91%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14772w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)(+1058h, 21.7%)
    Jarrel drops to the floor and sweeps his legs round at you.
    Jarrel knocks your legs out from under you and sends you sprawling to the floor.
    (4468h|91%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14772w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)
    Jarrel balls up one fist and hammerfists you.
    He connects to the left leg!
    Your left leg is greatly damaged from the beating.
    (4105h|84%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14772w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)(-363h, 7.4%)
    Jarrel balls up one fist and hammerfists you.
    He connects to the right leg!
    (3742h|76%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14772w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)(-363h, 7.4%)
    Both of your legs must be free and unhindered to do that.
    (3742h|76%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14772w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)(apply mending to legs)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    |     AFFLICTED W/ MANGLEDLEFTLEG | AFFLICTED W/ MANGLEDLEFTLEG     |
     -------------------------------------------------------------------
    You take out some salve and quickly rub it on your legs.
    The topical remedy fizzles away without effect.
    (3742h|76%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14772w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)

You bleed 45 health.
    (3697h|75%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14778w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)(-45h, 0.9%)
    You may apply another salve or balm to yourself.
    (3697h|75%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14778w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)(apply restoration to legs)
    You take out some salve and quickly rub it on your legs.
    (3697h|75%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14784w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)

You have recovered equilibrium. (4.938s)
    (3697h|75%)(3213m|99%)(23264e|99%|14784w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)
    You are:
    blind.
    deaf.
    sprawled on the ground.
    an insomniac.
    has mild internal trauma.
    has a partially damaged left leg.
    bleeding for 32 health. (1.672s) (1.75s)

-----------------------------------------------------------
    |     AFFLICTED W/ MILDTRAUMA | AFFLICTED W/ MILDTRAUMA     |
     -----------------------------------------------------------

(3697h|75%)(3198m|99%)(23264e|99%|14784w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)(-15m, 0.5%)
    You may eat another bit of irid moss or potash.
    (3697h|75%)(3198m|99%)(23264e|99%|14784w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)

You have recovered equilibrium. (0.922s)
    (3697h|75%)(3188m|98%)(23284e|99%|14782w|98%)(28S)(sanya)(nil)(Jarrel)(-10m, 0.3%)
    Jarrel moves in towards you in a grabbing posture.
    Jarrel lifts you triumphantly into the air, then yanks you down into his raised knee with back breaking force.
    With a sickening crunch, a bolt of pure agony erupts from your back. Your head lolls to one side and you lose all the feeling in
    your legs. As you crumple to the ground you realise that the throw did, indeed, snap your spine like a dry twig.
    You have been slain by Jarrel.
    A group of 5 goldenseal roots falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 10 bloodroot leaves falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 ferrum flakes falls out of your inventory.
    Some prickly ash bark falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 10 magnesium chips falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 pieces of kelp falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 ginseng roots falls out of your inventory.
    A kola nut falls out of your inventory.
    A potash crystal falls out of your inventory.
    (svo): Your max health changed to 4645h - sipping, moss and other values have been automatically adjusted.

After about my 10th death I just need to ask why hasn't this already been fixed?

Made the mistake of using vitiate obviously but still. Strength stack to well on monks.

Acctually Assuming he's tols'aa and he has the strength trait that's 16 strength max after vitiate.

Daeir said:
    My understanding of monks (hint: none) is that at a base point simply being tritrans and specialized, they're a bit ehhh. To put it in League of Legends terms, they are all scale and no base. Throw a couple of artefacts on a tritans monk and they go from ehh to HOLY SHIT very, very quickly.

If this is correct, maybe some of that scale needs to be pulled away from monk skills and placed in their base statistics first, so that arties still give a nominal boost, they are just not intrinsically required for your skills to hit (Tekura accuracy is awful apparently) or do any substantial amount of limb and/or normal damage. I'm assuming Jarrel is artied, though.
    Very artied.

• Jarrel was int mode, I think. 15 str before Vitiate.

Your torso was like lv 13, I think.
    Mizik said:
    Jarrel was int mode, I think. 15 str before Vitiate.

O_O

• I think the real problem there is the fact you managed to have torso damage before he proned you. If you had diagnosed before the break, or kept track of when your torso had broken, you would have survived off of the one leg BBT.

While Jarrel is amazingly artied, it doesn't look like this kill had as much to do with the arties and was a legitimate kill.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
    edited March 2013
    Aepas said:
    I think the real problem there is the fact you managed to have torso damage before he proned you. If you had diagnosed before the break, or kept track of when your torso had broken, you would have survived off of the one leg BBT.

While Jarrel is amazingly artied, it doesn't look like this kill had as much to do with the arties and was a legitimate kill.
    If you look at the log I was off equib for 4 seconds due to vitiate, im assuming lag was involved but.

had dash s and enter held down the whole time

And normal people I can tank a 2 level 1 torso broke bbt's and 3 non torso broke bbts.

• Mizik said:

mild is 2, serious is 3, unless I misread you here.
  • Tesha said:
    Xith said:
    Mishgul said:

Yeah nevermind seduce (which you also used), but peace stops death and jitb, which are our only kill possibilities without a slowlock, which requires near 70 fashions to perform.
    A jester is semi-decent in the early-game depending on the opponent, extermely vulnerable in the mid-game after we've been prepped or enemy gains momentum, and much stronger in the late-game when we have tons of fashions.
    Additionally, jester is very potent against novices, still fairly potent against mid-level fighters, but falls utterly short against people who already know the tricks.

Blackout + death. As soon as blackout goes up, someone like Tesha spams peace/seduce.
    Bomb stack + death/jitb. Isn't going to hold them down for the full amount of time, and as soon as they pop out at the end or middle, they don't have to leave the room, just stand and peace.
    Bomb stack in general: either packed or dropped (thanks to the last nerf).
    Sticking aeon - pretty big gamble, especially if you're hitting paralysis, offbal, or other hindering in between. Relying on or tracking the timing of bombs and hocuspocus ends up with luck and timing issues again.

Low-fashion puppet combos. Force restore won't work if they're off balance. Bleed is no good against people with big health/mana pools. Top-tiers check for reckless. Refashioning is probably the worst part though. Trying a combo and getting tripped up or them curing out, having to put those 15-50 fashions back on to try again. Might even be a fashion speed problem.

Anyway, I'm just gonna recommend deleting peace. Talk about griefy. Only has much use against Death/jitb anyway so it serves just to irritate one or two classes.
  • Lol. It's just artied monk man, been the easy ticket to kills for a long time. 75% mild internal bbt when int spec'd + vitiate, looool.

• Could quite as easily just stop death/jitb with force... how to stop an unprepped jitb/death (no blackout does not count as prep) isn't a testament to how griefy your class is. Jester is totally viable at top tier too, especially considering what top tier has become. 

I agree with mishgirl

• Yeah perform force is silly too. It's the only command that goes through deafness besides hypno action and puppet command, which both require prior setup.
    Don't know what you're implying about top-tier though.
  • I was scrolling down just reading the silliness and was totally unprepared for that, lol.

i'm a rebel

• Vadimuses said:
    Mizik said:

mild is 2, serious is 3, unless I misread you here.
    Hyperbole. Level thirteen is not a real damage level for torso.

There's only one and two, btw. (you're welcome Achaea)
  • Mizik such a noob, can't even get people to lvl 13 torso breaks.

BBT does 677% max health at that point.
  • Mangle death.

Shit did I just say it.

Don't bring it back noooooooooo.
  • edited March 2013
    Caladbolg said:
    Aepas said:
    I think the real problem there is the fact you managed to have torso damage before he proned you. If you had diagnosed before the break, or kept track of when your torso had broken, you would have survived off of the one leg BBT.

If you look at the log I was off equib for 4 seconds due to vitiate, im assuming lag was involved but.

And normal people I can tank a 2 level 1 torso broke bbt's and 3 non torso broke bbts.
    @Caladbolg
    Are you suggesting that a 0 armour with level 1 torso damage and lower than average level human with no other damage mitigation should essentially be able to tank a +1str monk (taking into account your vitiate) for 2 bbts with only sip and moss?

Jarrel-smalljpg

• No, I didn't even nearly say that

• Good, I'm glad we cleared that up.

Jarrel-smalljpg

Jarrel  I like you

-

As drawn by Shayde
    edited March 2013
    Jarrel said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Aepas said:

@Caladbolg
    Are you suggesting that a 0 armour with level 1 torso damage and lower than average level human with no other damage mitigation should essentially be able to tank a +1str monk (taking into account your vitiate) for 2 bbts with only sip and moss?
    Horkval,Mir stance,Algiz,Earthblessings,Vitiate,Shin heal couldn't surivive two bbt's from you. To everyone else that's god mode.

To clarify what I was saying, I was in Sanya for that 75% bbt. But there was more than one fight, In that suitation I was attempting to break you before you broke me since Mir stance was instant death anyways.

• edited March 2013
    @Caladbolg: So you're suggesting that if you get 'god mode' (ie, the defs you mentioned in and out of your class, which aren't particularly hard to obtain) you shouldn't die to %age based kill set up damage attacks at all?

Edit: To clarify, most fights where you were in Mir, it took me two BBTs to kill you. Are you implying that you should have been able to easily tank that with these defs, tumble out while I regain balance from my second BBT and then get up and continue with your much more broken offense of voidfist/prone on balance, impale/bladetwist, brokenstar? Why would I even play this game then? I might as well /wrists and sit in the bathtub.

Jarrel-smalljpg