Class Tweaking

Comments

• Runicdolls. Requires a doll, a dagger, and inks. Carving a rune into the doll adds a constant effect to the victim, but fades after a period of time and reduces fashions.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Bards should get a new instantkill where in a forest, they can push a piano out of a tree and instantkill someone and they should delete dirge to compensate.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I think that would damage the piano though.
  • Forest defenses are enough of a problem without having to worry about forestals in Wile E. Coyote morph.

I was being facetious. Don't panic. But now you mention it wile e. Coyote morph sounds amazing.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Albeit with a chance of their own skills backfiring on themselves. 

• Clearly Mishgul knows nothing about pianos.
    Pianos are paperweights, no?

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • I once used a piano as a paperweight and my desk broke :(
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    @Xith I like your idea of using runelore more than just a basic defense and a few runes on the ground. but Totems are really too overpowered and let's be honest. if someone isn't going to run into you standing a totem then they are going to look into the room to see if there's a totem slightly implanted and be like um no not walking in there.

• Caladbolg said:
    @Xith I like your idea of using runelore more than just a basic defense and a few runes on the ground. but Totems are really too overpowered and let's be honest. if someone isn't going to run into you standing a totem then they are going to look into the room to see if there's a totem slightly implanted and be like um no not walking in there.
    Runestones. Inscribe a stone with a rune like you would a tarot card. Gives the runelore user the ability to toss the stone and have it hit their target in an adjacent room with the inscribed rune's effect.

You could throw a Raido stone if you needed a temporary escape, for example, or have pseudo-bombs with different effects (room-wide Isaz).
  • Darklyre said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Runestones. Inscribe a stone with a rune like you would a tarot card. Gives the runelore user the ability to toss the stone and have it hit their target in an adjacent room with the inscribed rune's effect.

You could throw a Raido stone if you needed a temporary escape, for example, or have pseudo-bombs with different effects (room-wide Isaz).
    If failed, at least will give target a concussion. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Omg. Yes please. I would totally customise my Lupine to shoot runearrows. It would be a pinball bow with flashing runes and make awesome noises after you pull the string back to release the arrow. *bounce*
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Daeir said:
    I'll just stand over here in the corner with my envenomed arrows and cry myself to sleep.

Like anybody would ever use venoms again. Nairat arrows everyday.
    No Prefarar rune though!

• We all shudder at the thought of Iocun's level 5 bow with runearrows.
  • Iocun said:
    Runearrows. They work like complete totems with six slots and you can fire them like normal arrows and when they hit they give all the rune effects to everyone in the room of the target. Also they kill everyone.
    I assume gular would wall every exit in the target's room?
  • Not opposed to super spells like that. You know, something that uses 35% of your willpower pool to shoot a runic arrow. Super-balance it.

But totems aren't really overpowered at all. But they are monodimensional. The standard hinder totem is defeated by metawake, which I believe is also not strippable by tiwaz or potentially other means. And when you expect implanted totems, softfocus makes that all better.

Also squint shows totems, like we've said. So they know whether the runist is vulnerable and so on. Defeats the purpose of propping half the time. But even without temporary implanting I can see there is potential for plenty of neat additions. My vote is for walking totems entities.

"A runic totem, your loyal companion has been slain."
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I usually carry about 10-15 totems in my pack at all times. If two groups are engaged in melee, what's to stop me staking totems in every surrounding exit to hit people fleeing? Every for 10-15 seconds, those totems will presumably hit all enemies that enter while it's standing.

I can think up so many ways for this to be super abusable. And people thought the highway to Ashtan was bad with implanted totems. :)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Nothing would stop you from doing that. Except your supply of willpower, like I said.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Runestones... I like this idea. Make runes salable without being present! Works for algiz, jera, and berkana.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Kyrra said:
    I usually carry about 10-15 totems in my pack at all times. If two groups are engaged in melee, what's to stop me staking totems in every surrounding exit to hit people fleeing? Every for 10-15 seconds, those totems will presumably hit all enemies that enter while it's standing.

I can think up so many ways for this to be super abusable. And people thought the highway to Ashtan was bad with implanted totems. :)
    10-15 totems in your pack at all times? Jesus christ woman I got on your enemy list for a day or two (irl) and I didn't even want to play the game, Leave Targ hit 50 totems.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Caladbolg said:
    Kyrra said:

10-15 totems in your pack at all times? Jesus christ woman I got on your enemy list for a day or two (irl) and I didn't even want to play the game, Leave Targ hit 50 totems.
    You're still a jerk for making me cry.

I do a lot of totem work and I try to implant about 20 rooms a month. I always carry pre-carved, runed totems because it's more efficient.

• XerXer Langley
    Remind me to never get on Kyrra's bad side... >.>
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I foresee this getting shot down quicker than Kenway by Zinka's bow, but I've gotta give it a go. I'd like to see Runelore reworked to be more environmentally based. It's supposedly earth magic so it'd be cool if more of the runes did stuff like Isaz(earthquake) and Thurisaz/Othala(Volcano).
    I noticed that the classleads for Runelore are mainly about flooding taking it out completely, but I think that tactically positioning yourself on the battlefield makes combat a lot more interesting. As it is, you can sketch two runes per room. For any affliction runes, this requires a Wunjo sketched first, meaning a one shot affliction on one enemy who enters that room. Useful with Nairat, less so with anything else. I think it'd be cool to see a rune that causes mudslides that could be used to move people between rooms.(would only work in natural rooms aka rooms you could runic empower stuff in so wouldn't effect raids on cities much.) And a room that can freeze a water room to the <direction>. This wouldn't make runes sketchable or totems propable in the room as the ice would not be earth, it would just give the frozen ground effect.

I dunno, I supposed I'd be totally cool with just revamped messages for the runes as well to make them seem more earth magic-y since to me, that's what makes them so cool.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten