Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Oh geez, lol. 

• Dynos said:
    Iloisee said:
    I want to go to Tsol'teth land and buy wares from Tsol'teth denizens. I know this is extremely unlikely to exist, but it should! Tsol'teth journals and stationary pls.
    Ooo, I could see Hashan and Targ getting access to these kinds of items from some Tsol-teth denizen peddling some wares- I don't know if the Tsol'teth have a need to sell things and have currency though- Then outside people wanting them would have to either pilfer the items or 'know' somebody to help them get it, and then opposing cities would decree it against the law to be in ownership of any wares with Tsol'teth markings and you'll be labeled a Tsol'teth sympathizer. 
    Maybe you have to barter for items with "material" from other beings... Maybe there is a lower class of TT that don't get the advantage of proper processing. Black market re processing and illegal Melds of criminals... 😮
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Iloisee said:
    Dynos said:
    Iloisee said:
    I want to go to Tsol'teth land and buy wares from Tsol'teth denizens. I know this is extremely unlikely to exist, but it should! Tsol'teth journals and stationary pls.
    Ooo, I could see Hashan and Targ getting access to these kinds of items from some Tsol-teth denizen peddling some wares- I don't know if the Tsol'teth have a need to sell things and have currency though- Then outside people wanting them would have to either pilfer the items or 'know' somebody to help them get it, and then opposing cities would decree it against the law to be in ownership of any wares with Tsol'teth markings and you'll be labeled a Tsol'teth sympathizer. 
    Maybe you have to barter for items with "material" from other beings... Maybe there is a lower class of TT that don't get the advantage of proper processing. Black market re processing and illegal Melds of criminals... 😮
    I know some stuff I'm not telling here. Based on that, pretty sure no.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • The teth are always looking for processing material right? You could turn in corpses of players or NPCs to the teth for 'processing', with diminishing returns on corpses of the same type to get a currency you can trade in for special goodies, like aurum or potash.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    They don't consider everything/everyone worthy of processing. Most people aren't processing material, including Jiraishin.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • So maybe most people don't give you currency, or barely any!
  • Those Accolades are lovely (Rip Eleusis though but still nice).
  • edited May 2019
    Not sure where this goes, as it's not a rant, but concerns the ongoing plot.

Among the city emotes, we're still getting the one where a runic knight goes past with a small, bloodied corpse. After close to an IC year, would seem to be time for that one to be completed, unless there are more dying we don't know about. Wouldn't be much by way of rotting corpses, either, if someone wants to suggest that pleasant thought instead.

*edit This is the one I'm referring to: A runic knight strides through, burdened by the small, bloodied corpse slung over his shoulder.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    How about stop fucking crying about everything
  • @Archaeon bite me, moron, and try not to be so stupid in public, it's not a rant or a complaint.

@Caelen I'm not saying they wouldn't be finding the dead for years. Saying bloodied corpses doesn't fit the amount of time that has passed IC.
    The amount of complaining you do on a daily basis about this specific topic (cyrene and the event) is insane. If you don't want people to tell you to stuff it try not complaining so much dude. 
  • I find it slightly amusing that outside of the event, corpses decay in a month or less. But it certainly has added to the atmosphere and the RP, so whatever. 
  • Considering this isn't a complaint, and how much you whine and cry about someone who disagrees with you or who doesn't bow down to the altar of you, that is highly amusing. Your level of childish tantrums is definitely transcendant.

That's kind of my point, @Cailin. It's not them finding dead, as we will have those for a long time. Saying that message could use a bit of tweaking, IMO.
    You're an entitled prick. These admin have been busting ass at a volunteer job to bring you an interesting experience and all you do is cry.
  • Cailin said:
    I find it slightly amusing that outside of the event, corpses decay in a month or less. But it certainly has added to the atmosphere and the RP, so whatever. 
    At least the way I've always thought about it, thematically (and to a large extent mechanically) corpses disappear when the soul that was removed from them completes its journey to Ugrach's throne (or, in the case of players, uses a Gem of [Hasty] Transmutation to resurrect without a body). Considering the dead littering Cyrene are those whose souls have gone elsewhere, it makes sense that their bodies wouldn't necessarily disappear as quickly.

This is slightly muddied by necessary mechanics, though. City guards are the main (only?) non-event example of denizens that don't respawn, but their corpses don't last for months or years after being killed.
  • They have been working hard to put on an event that isn't interesting to me. You're just a self centered idiot who believes forced RP is great RP as long as you get to force what you want onto others.  The fact that you are a useless loser, doesn't mean everyone else is, or will agree with you. I've repeatedly said it's good that some people are enjoying this, moron.

I brought something up that I think is not currently fitting the timeframe. I'm not commenting on my thoughts on the event. The statement was intended to be constructive, and I appreciate those who have engaged it that way.
  • edited May 2019
    Archaeon said:
    You're an entitled prick. These admin have been busting ass at a volunteer job to bring you an interesting experience and all you do is cry.
    People have a right to voice their opinions about the event, that includes both praise and criticism.

In this case Mroxyl brought up a valid point, the Runic Guard, whose numbers have been bolstered several times since the city was retaken, have been carrying bodies for well near an IG year. I understand finding an occasional water-logged body that washes up on the shore of the Muurn, but by this point I would assume all the other bodies in the city would either be: consumed by rats, decayed entirely due to the elements, or decayed to the point that they are less a corpse and more a bag of rotten flesh and bone. Heck, a small change to the existing lines to reflect this would work too. 

A runic knight strides through, grimacing at the stench of a small, decaying corpse slung over his shoulder.

@Archaeon I have seen you time and time again interject with a one line response, and often with a personal attack against the poster. I would say that shit belongs in Rants, but really it doesn't belong anywhere on this forum. 

@Mroxly Don't feed the trolls. Flag the post and move on.
  • edited May 2019
    Time in Achaea in relevance to such concepts (like devastation) works much differently. The idea is representing the ambiance that is destruction, and while 1 year time in-game seems like a lot, it is more related to the player time and that is only about 2 weeks. The idea is to entertain and influence the player's emotions to the event, and if they just made everything clear over 2 weeks...it wouldnt really be very influential.

We've seen concepts like this (messages of an act occurring for x event) many a time, and they've lasted for weeks onto months, which is hella long in Achaea time...but is frankly, normal.
    Synthus said:
    People have a right to voice their opinions about the event, that includes both praise and criticism.

@Archaeon I have seen you time and time again interject with a one line response, and often with a personal attack against the poster. I would say that shit belongs in Rants, but really it doesn't belong anywhere on this forum. 

Weird bro.

Anyways, that aside, you're both in the same camp of people who have been bitching since day one about this event.  It's been like... over a month now.  People know your opinions on the event, people know you don't like it, so stop posting in the EVENT THREAD if you don't like the EVENT.  Make your own rant thread for it so you two can complain about how you can't do whatever the hell it was before this event that was so rudely interrupted. I'm irritated that such a tiny, extremely whiny minority seems to have such a massive number of posts on this subject.  If you don't like it, do something else.  Sitting around complaining about it isn't going to fix the problem, and it's annoying to see a thread dedicated towards the event clogged up with the garbage you three-ish are posting.  I go to work, come home to read to see if something's changed, and most of the time I get one of you cyrenian players bitching about how you HATE the event, how the guards aren't doing this, how the guards are now doing this too much, blah blah blah.  I would say I'm sorry for being rude but I'm not.  You should take this as a sign that, perhaps, people are getting a bit tired of the consistent whining because, to a TON of people, this event is fun.  
  • "Our city is utterly devestated. Half the rooms destroyed."

It takes 3 to 4 irl days for ONE room to get fixed from an explosive tank.

Your people are working in the COLD mountainous winter where do much snow fall occurs to the point that you are UNABLE TO SEE ANYTHING IN A ROOM being the regular for days.

There are still hundreds of bodies. Thousands even. All hidden beneath the rubble, snow, and ice. All likely still bloody (or to the point its frozen now).

People will be digging snow and find corpses. You all should be hearing HORRIFIED screams from one end of the city or another as someone going through the ruins of their home finds a dead loved one.

"""Forced""" RP is bullshit. The game is not meant to always be hunkydory. Bad shit happens. This is the way an RP Fantasy game works if you are on the losing side. Even though you won, War is brutal. It is bloody. It is disgusting.

If anything, this should enforce Cyrenes stance to REMAIN NEUTRAL or drop that moniker entirely. (They didn't stay neutral, and look what that got them. Thousands dead.)
  • edited May 2019
    At times I wonder if Cyrene not being destroyed was perhaps the worse option for the Cyrene players.. They got a city filled with corpses and rubble now, requiring a long commitment of tragic themed RP. It makes me wonder if them having built up a new city with all their hopes, dreams and cakes wouldnt have been more acceptable for them.
  • @Asmodron

Most of the city is running with what's happened. Especially the novices. We even had someone fresh from escaping the pygmies talking about the loss of their sister during the Tsol'teth incursion.

Granted there are a few who just aren't vibing with things, but they still contribute, and those that don't contribute anything just disappear until things change, or gripe within their small circle.

The recent news post has me reeling with curiosity.  :o
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Considering I was neither ranting nor bitching, feel free to follow your own advice. I brought up something that seemed inconsistent and able to be improved. There was no negative intent. If you or anyone else see it that way, the fault is between your ears.

Again, since some of you idiots can't seem to read or see beyond your own bias and 'must destroy those who disagree' mentality, I've said it's good that people are enjoying this. I also believe those who aren't have as much right to speak as you do. When players attack other players when they weren't even mentioned in the posting, then you show what kind of person you are, and go into the 'ignore this moron' category.
  • @Archaeon : Wall of text, so I stuck it in a spoiler. Feel free to read or don't.
    Archaeon said:
    Synthus said:

Weird bro.
    Are we bolding for emphasis now? Okay.
    Synthus said:
    People have a right to voice their opinions about the event, that includes both praise and criticism. 
    If you want to praise the event, go for it. It's done a lot of neat things and has driven the development of several characters, myself included. If you want to criticize it, have at it. It's not had the best execution and the feedback can drive the development of better events in the future. But when you start telling people to shut up, that their opinions don't matter, or start insulting them personally? Nah, that's where we've got problems.
    Archaeon said:
    Anyways, that aside, you're both in the same camp of people who have been bitching since day one about this event.  It's been like... over a month now.  People know your opinions on the event, people know you don't like it, so stop posting in the EVENT THREAD if you don't like the EVENT.  Make your own rant thread for it so you two can complain about how you can't do whatever the hell it was before this event that was so rudely interrupted. I'm irritated that such a tiny, extremely whiny minority seems to have such a massive number of posts on this subject.  If you don't like it, do something else.  Sitting around complaining about it isn't going to fix the problem, and it's annoying to see a thread dedicated towards the event clogged up with the garbage you three-ish are posting.  I go to work, come home to read to see if something's changed, and most of the time I get one of you cyrenian players bitching about how you HATE the event, how the guards aren't doing this, how the guards are now doing this too much, blah blah blah.  I would say I'm sorry for being rude but I'm not.  You should take this as a sign that, perhaps, people are getting a bit tired of the consistent whining because, to a TON of people, this event is fun.
    Apologies, but you're getting the buckshot approach for this one.

I actually didn't start bitching until the demonstration, and that was mostly about having Cyrene basically ripped from our hands with no way to actively fight to get it back. Running into the Tide everywhere was kind of annoying, but the gold and experience was good enough to balance it out for the most part. Since we got the city back, I've not had a problem with the event. Even the retaking of the city was one of the best experiences that I've had with the game so far. Hell, there's a huge post I made back somewhere in the neighborhood of 10+ pages ago or so where I apologized for all the bitching I had done and spoke praises about the atmosphere, energy, and sheer awesomeness of being able to retake the city and fight the Tide out street by street, room by room. I'm rather enjoying the new experiences of raid defense and scrambling for fragments, even though I have no idea what they are gonna be used for beyond stat boosts. 

I would even say that minus the two weeks of being fatigued and frustrated from the Tide going overdrive and not having Cyrene, it's been an enjoyable event. Like I said before, kind of annoying to run into the Tide everywhere, but good gold and experience.

Event threads are open to everyone, including those that don't like the event. They are allowed to vent frustrations about the event just like the folks that want to talk about how awesome it is. It deters the Echo-Chamber Effect and provides a ground for debate. Unless the admin want to explicitly split event threads in the future, which for the record I feel would be a terrible idea, it's beneficial having both in one. 

As for now the nitpicks I have with the event are so minuscule that I don't really bring them up, more just echo similar opinions when others bring them up, like with the guards carrying bodies. Most of my other problems are IC problems with the event that don't belong here, so I've not bitched about them here and won't. 

Archaeon said:
    If you don't like it, do something else.  Sitting around complaining about it isn't going to fix the problem, and it's annoying to see a thread dedicated towards the event clogged up with the garbage you three-ish are posting.
    Believe me, if I could tweak some of the minor issues I criticized or somehow volunteered as an NPC to add to the flavor of the event, I would be doing that. Unfortunately the only way I'm aware of doing that is by being a Celani, and I'm quite fond of Synthus and the direction he's going right now, so no thanks to that.

Along with that, and this may be confirmation bias so your mileage may vary, a lot of the complaints I've seen in the thread came from the period surrounding Cyrene's occupation when a large number of Cyrenean players were pissed about it. During that time, a large number of us couldn't do anything to work toward getting Cyrene back. We were literally having to wait for the admin in order to discern the next steps we could take to get our city and home back. I sent letters to denizens, tried to sneak in any way I could, started trying anything I thought might get me in, all to no avail. Only letter I got back in response was a "Your call is important to us" from the Cauda Pavonis - which was hilarious and very much needed at the time.

It wasn't until Hycanthus popped up about a week and a half later and said "Gimme some supplies and I'll build you a bomb" that anyone had any direction, and at that, within about 30 minutes I think every sheet of paper, ounce of alcohol, and nail in existence had been brought to him. (See the Halos Paper Explosion in memorable quotes page 780 for more details and laughs.) 

I can understand when you come home from a shit day of work that the only thing you want to do is sit down, play Achaea, and shove the rest of the world away. I really do. Achaea was for a long time my "get away from it all" escape, and then became that again recently. I can't speak for others, but for the IRL month leading up to the demonstration, I went through some rough, dark shit with a lot of loved ones around me passing away. Achaea was a way for me to disconnect from the world and dive in to a character that I could have a bit of respite and idyll with for a while, and Cyrene was a strong part of that. So when it got ripped away, it hurt, it hurt a lot and more than it should have. Thankfully because of a few people that reached out beyond my post when I had that breakdown and simply talked to me, it got me through that, helped me immeasurably, and even turned me around on my perspective of the event.   
    Archaeon said:
    I would say I'm sorry for being rude but I'm not.
    And that's why I've taken the time to write this post. A small measure of empathy and understanding for others when they are going through frustrating times can be immeasurably appreciated. I know it was for me and it's one of the reasons I didn't quit the game. That being said, that also includes empathy and understanding for you too.

I'm sorry that others expressing their opinions about this event and their frustrations here annoys you. I legitimately and genuinely wish that the event was something that everyone across the board could enjoy, but that's just not going to be the case when players that have no interest in certain aspects of Achaea are thrust into events that mostly focus on them. 

Next time you see someone complaining about something with the event, ask them why it's an issue or why it matters that much to them. Being shown a different perspective never hurt anybody. 

And to that end and in a similar fashion I ask, what's been your favorite part of the event? What have you enjoyed more than anything else?

@Mroxly : You aren't helping your defense either by calling people idiots, leave the insults and name calling at the door please.

Asmodron said:
    At times I wonder if Cyrene not being destroyed was perhaps the worse option for the Cyrene players.. They got a city filled with corpses and rubble now, requiring a long commitment of tragic themed RP. It makes me wonder if them having built up a new city with all their hopes, dreams and cakes wouldnt have been more acceptable for them.
    Nah, everything will be fine once we get our factional, Draugr-themed necromancy class at the end of all this. We're gonna be the Last City cause we'll be a city of white walkers yo!