Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• For those interested, a corpse pile:

A grotesque collection of corpses litters the ground, piled atop one another in a macabre facsimile of a wood pile. The deceased consist primarily of the city guard, but plenty of innocent, be they young, elderly, or in between, contribute to this massive collection of cadavers. Brought on by blood, bloat, and the beginnings of decay, the overwhelming stench of death emanates from the bodies. Ever opportunistic, a cloud of flies buzzes about the area, alighting on the deceased flesh to have their fill.
    It weighs about 3872 pounds.

• Melodie said:
    I mean, the event isn't over yet...
    But the bitch-fest should be :-/

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I miss you boo, come back. :(

• She is a dinky barrel and INSIDE THERE IS NOTHING BUT DEATH AND THE END OF EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR

I miss you guys too and if anything could make me come back, it would be the opportunity to make hilarious Skye/genocide jokes ALL THE TIME.

• Wonder if the cyrene council would put 100s of paperwork into whether or not Skye should be enemied.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Someone needs to submit the proper "accusation of mass murder" form first. In triplicate, with signatures. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • CITY ENEMY SKYE do you really need to ask?

I'm actually surprised they don't already do that.

• Accipiter said:
    I'm interested to hear what people want Cyrene to be motivated by in the new world. One off rivalries don't work out so well, that is why all the cities have their aggressive factions now. So what ethos is Cyrene supposed to take now they aren't allowed to be neutral?
    Cyrene can be neutral if they want to be. They might want to consider how they have defined neutrality in the past, and whether that's a definition they're happy with going forward, though. They also need to abandon the idea that neutrality protects them from all conflict and consequences. Being neutral may give people fewer reasons to attack you, but it doesn't give everybody no reasons to attack you. The times you're decidedly not neutral also come with consequences, as has been demonstrated so recently by the Tsol'teth.

When it comes to consequences, most people outside of Cyrene aren't interested in engaging in the mental gymnastics necessary to divorce the actions of your citizens from the actions of the city. If you're letting them raid, defile shrines, jump people, bash the denizen part of a hostile invading force, or whatever else that antagonises people, you will occasionally experience some retaliation that's more indiscriminate than you'd perhaps like.
  • edited May 2019
    Edit: Eh on second thought, probably best not to bring up the previous drama. Just stating that Cyrene drew the eye and ire of the Tsol'teth with their actions.

On another note, I wonder if Gattan'bahar being absent from the previous battle is gonna be spun into a story element.
  • edited May 2019
    Edit: Nevermind.

• Siduri said:
    The White Wave was my doing. Not Cyrene's.
    Coalition was before the White Wave. It was the clan for the 'second' black wave and much of the current.
    You know, now that I think on it. This isnt the first time I've assaulted a town/city with water.

Gosh, you'd think I was some sort of serial killer or something. Someone call the BAU.

• Skye said:
    I'm actually surprised they don't already do that.
    @skye They don't for right now, y'know, what with being too busy carrying the bodies to the pile and all.
  • edited May 2019
    I'm going to ignore everything to respond to @Illarion that Lenn the char is an enemy of Cyrene so she, specifically, doesn't really need to be devastated. 😄 But it would make sense for many characters to be. Also, it's realistic for a person to react to tragedy with denial or cope with humour. Let's be honest, none of that is a bother... The bother was in the overdone series of pun shouting and highly public silliness. That breaks immersion for many of us, the rest can be RP'd. 

If I were a devastated Cyrenian and interacted with a citymate who wanted to just play around and be lighthearted, I would RP my frustration/offense. We might argue, I might even spread around my belief that this person doesn't even care. But it'd all be IC. So much of this can be workable IC, and Cyrene has such a variety of player/character types that the flexibility is even greater than usual. 

Those of us who love story-driven actions are kinda thirsty to see a story unfold in Cyrene over this. Factions, political activism, personal conflict, change in culture, and more..  so much is possible. We are envious of the chances we see. That's the core of it, really.

That the drama is coming out here instead is a symptom of our inability to play it out IC because of our characters' established attitudes and concerns. It's like animals with redirected aggression.. See rabbit, want to kill rabbit, can't reach rabbit, attack nearby fellow animal instead. 
    @Iloisee I think that's true for some of the drama but not all of it. But the drama has moved to rants thread and I also don't want to revive it so...

I hope Gattan'bahar comes back soon. She's my fave. Clicks with Jiraishin so well. But at least as much as that, I hope (against hope) I get a chance to learn about tsol'teth crafting. Maybe even talk with tsol'teth crafters... *daydreams*

And, of course, the Shadowclockmakers. 

• I still want to dissect one. :anguished:

Or see what the Chaos Court can do to one at their leisure.
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Oops, also do not want to revive it. What is a shadowclock? I want to go to Tsol'teth land and buy wares from Tsol'teth denizens. I know this is extremely unlikely to exist, but it should! Tsol'teth journals and stationary pls.
  • Iloisee said:
    I want to go to Tsol'teth land and buy wares from Tsol'teth denizens. I know this is extremely unlikely to exist, but it should! Tsol'teth journals and stationary pls.
    Ooo, I could see Hashan and Targ getting access to these kinds of items from some Tsol-teth denizen peddling some wares- I don't know if the Tsol'teth have a need to sell things and have currency though- Then outside people wanting them would have to either pilfer the items or 'know' somebody to help them get it, and then opposing cities would decree it against the law to be in ownership of any wares with Tsol'teth markings and you'll be labeled a Tsol'teth sympathizer. 
  • The Admin raped Maya too. That's a terrible thing that happened that led us to where we are now. 

Most Shallamese got NO warning and they never got their city back. (Targ is nothing like Shallam)

But worst of all, Lord Hermes died in a horrific display of unfairness. Why aren't people more upset about His death? He didn't even get to kiss Lady Luck goodbye. 

In a multiplayer roleplay game, if you're the good guy, sometimes you're the victim.  If you're the bad guy, sometimes you gotta take the fall. 

• That is so cool! Put it back! Please?

Korrok said:
    That is so cool! Put it back! Please?
    IIRC it belonged to Hailqas'an, so... too late.

• Jiraishin said:
    Korrok said:
    That is so cool! Put it back! Please?
    IIRC it belonged to Hailqas'an, so... too late.
    Let's start digging!

• 'then opposing cities would decree it against the law to be in ownership of any wares with Tsol'teth markings and you'll be labeled a Tsol'teth sympathizer. '

Tendrils of amaranthine vapour burst forth from the ground, coalescing into the form of a massive Tsol'teth war beetle.
    A massive war beetle hunkers down close to the ground and extends one insectile leg, providing you with a foothold as you climb into place atop its head.

sympathizersquad hooooo

• Jiraishin said:
    Iloisee said:
    Oops, also do not want to revive it. What is a shadowclock? I want to go to Tsol'teth land and buy wares from Tsol'teth denizens. I know this is extremely unlikely to exist, but it should! Tsol'teth journals and stationary pls.
    A Shadowclock is a typo'd Shadowcloak that was briefly carried by a tsol'teth. Mezghar was convinced it was an actual item for telling time in the dark and wrote a paragraph plus of lore speculation around it, only to be crushed when the typo was fixed.
    I definitely read shadowcock and went a very different direction.