Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• For once I have some cheese popcorn at the ready.  :o
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • I for one, am having fun interacting with them and interacting with them.

The fact that they are so alien and lack understanding of something fairly mundane to normal people is part of the fun.
  • I've been playing someone who admires cold alien monstrousities for a while now though.
  • tsolteth: we want to subsume everything into the meld and anyone who gets in our way will be crushed
    y'all: 
  • The tsol'teth are going to get defeated with the power of friendship and quirkiness, making it the most Cyrenian way to free Cyrene possible.
  • I don't mind the tsol'teth showing another side to themselves. It's partly what humanizes them enough for factions to reconsider their nemesis. Sows conflict of conscience etc.

For those of us fractured, and sticking to more resistant beliefs it has become a bit frustrating. But I do think the admin have something they're moving towards with this. Right?  :#
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • So, as a quick questiom, is everyone considering the Tsol'teth reports that go up on the events boards to be ICly known information? And if so, how are we justifying that? Because it seems like one of the most important sources of information about their motives, but I'm not sure how they're supposed to be public. Are the Tsol'teth just supposed to be so arrogant that they announce their battle reports for all to see?
  • Keorin said:
    So, as a quick questiom, is everyone considering the Tsol'teth reports that go up on the events boards to be ICly known information? And if so, how are we justifying that? Because it seems like one of the most important sources of information about their motives, but I'm not sure how they're supposed to be public. Are the Tsol'teth just supposed to be so arrogant that they announce their battle reports for all to see?
    This was discussed on the Quick Questions thread, but the short answer is yes.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Moo.

:P

J/k ily

• Makarios said:
    Tahquil said:
    Tsol'teth have gone from a terrible big bad we should all fear their cold alien intellect to Mork from Ork.

I think it's super frustrating that interaction with Tsol'teth come fast and thick while the resistance trying to interact with normal denizens are (or at least feel) ignored. The message being sent is the only way to progress in this plot is to submit to the only place admin are lavishing attention... the Tsol'teth.

This one is tough, I'll try to explain.

Most of the Tsol'teth in this event are unknowns. What that in practice means is the person who created it has all the backstory, knows the ins and outs, etc. You'll notice the newer ones around more because there's no chance the person will be unfamiliar with an aspect of the character. Denizens are tough because a lot of the big ones have history spanning back real life decades in some cases, so you quite often might find you need to wait for the person that knows all the ins and outs about that den (or who can put aside time to research it all).

Basically, denizens are definitely tougher. Its something we're aware of and are trying to work on, but they're never going to be as easy for us to spin up for a quick conversation as a new (player/denizen) character straight off the shelf is. We are having discussions about how to make that easier, but hopefully that answers that - its not intentional snubbing, even if it may occasionally seem that way.

Oh gosh, I almost made a joke about how the tsol'teth will murder the gods and become the new reward for being a volunteer.

But it's actually true after all!
  • Got to see the processing occur in real time. Lots of worry!

Then got to see the cool thing that came from it!

Much excite for my new Tsol'teth friends.
  • Ah well, back to the drawing board, then.

(Also, apologies for the speculation in this thread. A friend noted to me that it might not be desirable or appropriate, but the ten seconds left on my edit window wasn't enough to change things. I suppose it's not so important, given that it's all wrong, but I'm all for deleting the thing, if it'd be more appropriate for the thread)
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited May 2019
    I do think it's weird AF.
    That said... I don't think Skye would have dug in her heels as much if her God wasn't like 'yeah they're out to get you'. But then they did kinda take over his city so... And then started taking over her shop so...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

eta: man I hate that Firefox double spaces everything but it works fine on Safari. :|