Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Asmodron said:
    Not really how citizen/uncitizen mechanics work. Cant remove those in higher position than you.

Uhh.. pretty sure Wicella ousted those in the House and Village who were Hierophants and House Leaders while being HR5 and CR2 or 3...   

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    @Prythe Chameleon definitely should not have worked. If all we had to do was get some chameleon tattoos then it'd pretty silly. Chameleon doesn't alter your actual appearance in any way, it just alters the way people perceive you on WHO and the like, and whatever magic the Tsol'teth have in place probably goes a lot deeper than that. Not to mention they could take a look at you and go 'Yeeeah, no.'  

I know it stings when ideas don't work, but when you look at the actual mechanic I feel like its obvious why it didnt, and that its not just a case of admin wanting to stomp on you   :/

Personally, I am utterly loving all of it.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Caelan said:
    Asmodron said:
    Not really how citizen/uncitizen mechanics work. Cant remove those in higher position than you.

Uhh.. pretty sure Wicella ousted those in the House and Village who were Hierophants and House Leaders while being HR5 and CR2 or 3...   

Cityruler trumps cityrank/all other positions where all permissions are concerned. I am unsure if this applies in the situation you're referring to, but if it does that'd be why.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited May 2019
    Caelan said:
    Asmodron said:

If you had enough supporters though, and were willing to jeopardise citizenship, you could've just contested the majority of the Regents. It's actually an administrative rule that you cannot oust the contestants of an election. :/ But there's no saying what they'd do after said election.

• This event sort of highlights one of my major weaknesses as a player. In most other games I'm pretty competitive and thrive in the pvp scene. Oh man did I have fun pirating the ever loving heck out of people in Archeage. But I've never really been able to do well in Achaean pvp. I just can't follow the text on screen and setting up a system is so hard for me to follow. Since damage isn't really an effective kill method in more modern Achaea, I've kinda gotten quite a lot more quiet on Telen as the combat evolved.
  • Zhedan said:
    Accipiter said:
    I was really enjoying this event, working together with everyone to stem the tide and even if we were failing it was like we we doing something. Then Hashan allied with them and basically stole all interaction for the event from anyone who isn't on the ruling council. The teth stated that they don't care about the tide (I assume for gameplay reasons) so you can still go grind gold and xp if you want but there is no meaning there anymore, you can't even help expand the tide because it is useless. 

It just feels like a massive fuck you to be essentially excluded from the only parts of events that playing at odd hours ever lets you do.
    Sorry to confirm, but @Asmodron is correct. Zhedan is also not on the ruling council, but playing a large role within the event/Hashan atm. You just have to step up and offer what you can.=

I wonder why.

• Cooper said:
    Zhedan said:
    Accipiter said:
    I was really enjoying this event, working together with everyone to stem the tide and even if we were failing it was like we we doing something. Then Hashan allied with them and basically stole all interaction for the event from anyone who isn't on the ruling council. The teth stated that they don't care about the tide (I assume for gameplay reasons) so you can still go grind gold and xp if you want but there is no meaning there anymore, you can't even help expand the tide because it is useless. 

It just feels like a massive fuck you to be essentially excluded from the only parts of events that playing at odd hours ever lets you do.
    Sorry to confirm, but @Asmodron is correct. Zhedan is also not on the ruling council, but playing a large role within the event/Hashan atm. You just have to step up and offer what you can.=

I wonder why.
    MoW = Minister, not Council
  • Dunn said:
    When I was Overseer, I was kicked out of my own city and retained the position while not a citizen.

Do with that what you will.
    Sounds like you weren't Dunn with the position. 
    Stop stealing Penwize’s job!!
  • Dunn said:
    When I was Overseer, I was kicked out of my own city and retained the position while not a citizen.

Do with that what you will.
    Shit was wild

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I might be late to the party,  but are there eventlogs of the previous Black Waves? Where can I find those to read up? 

INB4 "Get it in-game" I know I should try to find it in-game, but I get very little time to play and I would rather spend it actually using the information than sitting afk reading it.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Korrok said:
    I might be late to the party,  but are there eventlogs of the previous Black Waves? Where can I find those to read up? 

INB4 "Get it in-game" I know I should try to find it in-game, but I get very little time to play and I would rather spend it actually using the information than sitting afk reading it.
    I think you can read events news from the website if you're logged in. Unsure though, been a long time.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • You don't even have to log in to read public news sections like events, but in-game's NSEARCH makes everything way easier to find.
  • Makarios said:
    Caelan said:
    Asmodron said:

Cityruler trumps cityrank/all other positions where all permissions are concerned. I am unsure if this applies in the situation you're referring to, but if it does that'd be why.

Yeah I don't remember if she had a position like Ambassador or anything, but @Mycen was MoW, @Torrent was a Hierophant iiirc that it was him booted, and then I was HL and we all got uncitizened (while maintaining HL) and I believe we were all enemied for a hot second when she threw a tantrum and  robbed Eleusis.  She sure AF wasn't Speaker because @Zenii was. 

• Korrok said:
    I might be late to the party,  but are there eventlogs of the previous Black Waves? Where can I find those to read up? 

The best way to find old newsposts from the website as @Jiraishin suggested, I've found, is to use a Google website search. For instance Google:

achaea.com/news: tsol'teth

It's not the best but it gets the job done.
  • Caelan said:
    Makarios said:
    Caelan said:
    Asmodron said:

Yeah I don't remember 

Oh, I remember. She was a Hierophant.
  • Real talk though.
    I've heard Tsol'teth pudding is to die for.
    Must learn their recipe.
    @Gattanbahar Please advise. Willing to submit for processing if pudding secret is supplied.
  • Ygia said:
    Real talk though.
    I've heard Tsol'teth pudding is to die for.
    Must learn their recipe.
    @Gattanbahar Please advise. Willing to submit for processing if pudding secret is supplied.
    What... what if the pudding... is made from people?!?
  • Penwize said:
    Dynos said:

Feels like you guys took us out for a night of binge drinking and shenanigans. I’ve woken with a splitting headache but a great story- Worth it! Would gladly again throw caution to the wind standing with my fellow Cyrenians. Awesome time last night.
    This is an awesome attitude to have about this event and I hope more people feel this way.
    I felt exactly the same way, nice way of putting it @Dynos, The binge drinking and splitting headache are spot on as I was so lost through nearly all of it. Looking back I think I killed a few guards though! :)
  • Zhedan said:

My comment earlier in the thread: "a lot of older players (400+ years old) have been squishing the RP out of the event. ", was actually about Accipiter more than anyone.
    Yes, I noticed that. You did leave out the context of you running around like an idiot trying to cause a panic while a member of the ministry when all that had been happening at the time was shrines appearing which is not anything especially novel in Achaean history. But no, you want to squish my RP of actually having lived through history and suggesting that people remain calm and work through it rationally, deciding that it must have been meant as an OOC statement.
  • Korrok said:

You can SEARCHNEWS EVENTS -TSOL- or the like.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited May 2019
    Keorin said:
    Well, this event has succeeded in pretty fully squashing any of my earlier enthusiasm.
    Seems like the admin decided to boot my city out of their normal routines, while just kinda assuming that the player leadership would step in to try and keep people having fun and engaged, with no admin support to even allow for interesting developments. Meanwhile, Hashan continues to get showered with attention and goodies.
    It's pretty clear at this point, after the meeting and such, that the goal is to railroad us all into meeting and coming into a (likely temporary) agreement with the Tsol'teth, just because that's thus far been the only way to get real admin attention/engagement/plot progress. I'm sure someone'll jump in here now saying that players really have lots of options, and of course players get to guide the plot, but when 90% of developments thus far have occurred because the admin came forward with suggestions/proposals and people went for them, it's kind of hard to buy.
    At this point, this event increasingly feels like a chore. Constantly cleaning tide isn't fun. Trying to organise an ad-hoc leadership structure to help keep a large group of players engaged and enjoying things when thrown off of their routines -could- be fun, but isn't when it feels like it's a whole lot of writing more posts and doing work while few avenues exist for any player driven development. Feeling lead by the nose to particular story developments isn't fun. I don't mind playing the loser, or having to deal with the repercussions of that, to be clear. But tedious gameplay paving the way to prescripted story beats is a lot less enjoyable.

(I should make a disclaimer here that all of this is very much ranting, written while emotional. It should be taken with at least as much salt as is expressed in this post)
    Yep, it's always gotta be!! Sometime it feels like:

•  Can't speak for others, but Mhaldor def has smthn in the works that 100% isn't railroaded
  • Cooper said:
    Gonna have to side with Zhedan. Meld shrines popping up everywhere was a cataclysmic event, definitely time to panic.
    I didn't realize my jaw dropping in awe as the Tsol'teth took control of Cyrene constituted as an idiot :O