Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Anyone got numbers for Monk Choke and Crush nowadays? 

16 through to 20 int, level 1/2/3 collar. That's what I'm most curious about. 
  • Cynlael said:
    16 int: Ow.
    17 int: Ouch.
    18 int: Pls stop.
    19 int: Wtf?!
    20 int: I'm dead.

Lv1 collar: 10% more ow.
    Lv2 collar: 15% more pain.
    Lv3 collar: Get away from me.

*roughly.
    19 int is actually OH GOD NO
  • Occultidt is the most broken class ever released, can't wait until it gets rightfully nerfed. I've said for years now it had the highest aff output in the game designed around a quantity over quality affliction path. At least everyone is finally catching on. 

@Jinsun :^)
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Lol you need something new to complain about 
  • I'm glad no one plays Shaman so no one realizes how broken it is.
  • Jovolo said:
    Just messing dude. SnB is much worse.
    Not after the DRIVE and SMASH nerf  =)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/aa224ee1

Can we discuss how stupid this is. Clumsiness shuts down this class harder than any others, while serpent/alchemist/sylvan can pretty much get off scott free.

@Makarios @Alrena
  • Should make paralysis not make evileyes miss.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Kythra said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/aa224ee1

Can we discuss how stupid this is. Clumsiness shuts down this class harder than any others, while serpent/alchemist/sylvan can pretty much get off scott free.

@Makarios @Alrena
    Either the proc rate is bugged or that was something that only has less than a 1% chance of happening.

I think Apostate is fine if it's working normally (33%), but it is the reason I generally oppose the nerf Apostate classleads. The passive afflictions help ameliorate the clumsy fails.

Alchemist could use some hindrance. For serpent, it's rebounding. Sylvan falls into the awkward eq class category that's hindered by confusion instead of clumsy (awkward because not every class can confuse).
  • I pointed out the ridiculousness of the change repeatedly since the moment it happened.

Shaman at the very least has some room to maneuver with jinx now, but it's still silly.
  • Should make paralysis not make evileyes miss.
    Should make it so that both evileyes cannot miss. It's retarded, serpents can evade at no cost, shrug at no cost, dual afflict with no hinder. Same with other affliction classes, clumsiness hitting Apostate and Shaman the way they did is dumb, and I'm not sure why Alchemist, Sylvan and Serpent are not getting hit with this clumsiness hammer. It's majorly dumb. Alrena could of locked him 3 times over by now, but I've literally seen her miss evileyes a total of 10 times (so 5 attempted Evileyes) due to clumsiness stick.
  • Farrah said:
    Kythra said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/aa224ee1

@Makarios @Alrena
    Either the proc rate is bugged or that was something that only has less than a 1% chance of happening.

I think Apostate is fine if it's working normally (33%), but it is the reason I generally oppose the nerf Apostate classleads. The passive afflictions help ameliorate the clumsy fails.

Alchemist could use some hindrance. For serpent, it's rebounding. Sylvan falls into the awkward eq class category that's hindered by confusion instead of clumsy (awkward because not every class can confuse).
    I classleaded it to only proc once at most per deadeyes combo, which was rejected. Having both fail just completely ruins any momentum I have and sets me back, when it's so easy for a serpent to bury clumsy. It also happens quite often. When there's no way to do the same to a serpent, who can always evade out to recover, it quickly makes serpent a class I'd rather not fight.
  • edited July 2016
    Perhaps you should consider wearing glasses or contact lenses before staring at people. 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Perhaps you should consider wearing glasses or contact lenses before staring at people. 
    Glasses of Truestare, removes/reduces chance of clumsy affecting Evileye. 
  • 500cr please
  • The power of Apostate passives makes it somewhat warranted, but it definitely sucks when you're facing off against something like Serpent that also has incredible passives and a faster aff speed and Evade and still isn't hit by clumsiness.
  • edited July 2016
    My SNB DSB was affected by lagua.

Also, Antonius drop Fury for both logs, or just the one?
  • All of them had consistent 20 STR. They very likely just fixed it.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Just tested on multiple people/classes. Consistently getting 84% with 18str while using an empowered bastard sword so definitely not hitting lagua. Didn't test on scim or ls but sounds like those are working.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Versus what class @Kenway
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Mizik said:
    Versus what class @Kenway
    Serpent sans scales, Occie, Dragon, Bard, Serpent with scales, Runewarden sans algiz, Alchemist

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • How did you confirm your numbers @Mizik Did you test versus Algiz using DWC Lagua dsb as the comparative baseline?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Question for you smart folks.
    Shaman: Is it possible to get a lockless tzantza off nowadays, with how curing is? I think I've only seen one person successfully use tzantza ( @Amranu ), but I'm pretty sure that was through a lock.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Possible, yes. Plausible, not really. Requires some pretty immense fuck ups on opponent's end. You can lock them without a doll though, with good timing.

• edited August 2016
    @Cynlael
    Immense fuckups, or its possible unless you're fighting at top tier? Curious because it seems Shaman doesn't have a decent fast kill except inflame, but was looking for something more... instant. Lol.

ETA: To avoid misunderstandings, I just feel that Tzantza is only used to finish off someone locked. I'd like to think it has more uses in modern combat, but I don't see them. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Lockless tzantza is possible.
  • It isn't that lockless Tzantza is impossible, it's more that it takes more effort and luck than simply locking the person first.
  • edited August 2016
    Hmm. I thought weaponry wasn't supposed to mix with class skills cuz it makes some things too easy (priest getting nerfed a bunch of times because of that springs to mind, and occie getting reworked, as well). Why's this allowed, then?

3846h 4606m 93%e 90%w XX| D C [timeflux] [92.4|0|0|92.4|0|0] 01:48:35.477(outr 2 ash)

Aegoth picks up a throwing axe.
    Aegoth begins to wield a throwing axe in his right hand.
    Aegoth cocks back his arm and throws a throwing axe at you.
    [AFF] SENSITIVITY | A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    With brutal efficiency, a crystalline golem rains savage blows down upon your frozen body.
    You are no longer among the Infamous.

70+% off of one broken leg seems a little excessive, it's super low effort and does a gajillion damage. Magi can break two legs and pummel twice, like everyone else with broken legs as a qualifier for a finisher has to :/

ETA: Transcendent frost and wearing a cold resistance ring, too.

ETA2: Unless it's blunt, like Aegoth thinks, in which case, fullplate should make more of a difference than that.