Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• I'm feeling better about not wanting to fight in retardation at all now. I thought I was being annoying or lame running at the first sign of it coming up.
  • Dunn said:
    I recommend CLEARQUEUE ALL before adding what you want. I also tend to use in game aliases with the in game command separators. 

For instance:

set alias attack1 stand;vault horsey;wield pointy pointy;wipe pointy#1;wipe pointy#2;dsl &tar ven ven;engage &tar

send("attack1")

That causes all of the commands to fire within a single prompt. You need to CONFIG the separator, but you can set it to whatever. 
    Oh so this way I don't have to queue add eqbal everything? That will clean my stuff up a ton. Thank you.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Iosefka said:
    For those knights who add engage, vault, etc to their attack aliases, do you have some sort of toggle to remove it when in retardation? Or is generally having those commands before the actual attack good enough so that the attack will be the command that gets through the retardation delay?
    I love fighting in Retardation, but yes, you'd want failsafes to make sure convenience scripts like that don't bite you. In my case, a lot of my post-attack actions aren't actually part of my commands, but triggered actions that fire when the prompt shows balance use, so they don't obstruct me.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Kalithea said:
    Balance less yeah, but with SVO when I doadd va off sketch va on it seems like a year passes.

Though that could just be me getting used to sketch times.

...don't use svo do.add. Eww. That's not a problem with vault. It's just you waiting for silly svo triggers to respond rather than spamming.
  • Farrah said:
    Kalithea said:
    Balance less yeah, but with SVO when I doadd va off sketch va on it seems like a year passes.

Though that could just be me getting used to sketch times.

...don't use svo do.add. Eww. That's not a problem with vault. It's just you waiting for silly svo triggers to respond rather than spamming.
    Yeah my issue ended up being not able to queue runes back to back (jera algiz berkana) which is whatever I will just trigger one off the other (thanks @cooper!)

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Iosefka said:
    I'm feeling better about not wanting to fight in retardation at all now. I thought I was being annoying or lame running at the first sign of it coming up.
    If youre a knight in retardation its generally a good idea to stick around (assuming 1v1) SnB can just do a trip combo and then dsb over and over. DwC can delph delph to death. 2h can do some crazy stuff too but not quite as easy or requires prep. 

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Barging them out is also an option. 

• edited July 2016
    Don't turn off 'va'. Just put dismount in your sketch aliases and vault/parry in your attack aliases. 

System jeeps you vaulted when standing still. 
  • Which knight specs need artie weapons and which ones can perform with just forged?

Does it differ based on class? If so,  how?

• edited July 2016
    The only one that I really felt like I needed them in is DWC. And I only have level 1s. The DSL speed feels slightly too slow with forged, but I think it has been fixed now such that a DSB setup is possible unartied. 

SNB is fine with any longsword and a buckler IMO. 

2h is great unartied. 

DWB works fine unartied. 

Artie weps make them all better, tho. This is a runewarden perspective, ofc. 

Can you touch web/arc target epseth/upset in retardation? You shouldnt be able to right?

• You shouldn't be able to do multiple actions at all. One at a time with sluggish. 

• Am I able to expand my venom use beyond curare as a two handed? Or is that near constant paralysis needed?

• edited July 2016
    Curare makes the most sense because it's high priority and forces them to eat bloodroot rather than cure one of the passive afflictions that you're giving with fractures and whatnot. 

Needed? Probably not. It's effective, though. 

• Sure, if you think another venom will yield better results. 
  • edited July 2016
    I see the point of paralysis while stacking fractures definitely, my curiosity is if I could possibly take advantage of something pre-upset (like could I hew epseth to break on 2 leg fractures and have enough time to dsb or even triple stack it with a regular leg break?)

Trying to think outside of the box a little bit, gonna have to play with it. 

• Epseth devastate upset would stop a monk from crippling you to hell and back if their tree is down. 

Assuming im not screwing up epseth and epteth, which I've done for 15 years and still can't remember off hand. WHICHEVER BREAKS AN ARM!

• Dunn said:
    Epseth devastate upset would stop a monk from crippling you to hell and back if their tree is down. 

Assuming im not screwing up epseth and epteth, which I've done for 15 years and still can't remember off hand. WHICHEVER BREAKS AN ARM!
    Epseth is leg lol but I had to google it cause I can't remember either 

Epteth = t for top is how I remember.

I always epteth on devastates.
    Other than curare I find euphorbia and darkshade can be nice to sneak in for extra damage/bypass.

• Kenway said:

Other than curare I find euphorbia and darkshade can be nice to sneak in for extra damage/bypass.
    So an epseth won't push a leg break further then? I was looking into options to upset/dsb on 2 leg fracs for the slippery ones

• No, epthings just do mending breaks.
  • Dunn said:
    Epseth devastate upset would stop a monk from crippling you to hell and back if their tree is down. 

Epteth is arms because you use your arms in tetherball.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Epteth affects your triceps.

Epseth affects your sartorius.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Epseth has an S because that is what your posture looks like when your legs are withered to uselessness.

• T's have arms. Mind blown. 

• Kiet said:
    Epteth is arms because t's have arms
    Kiet is the hero we need, not the one we deserve right now.

Kalithea said:
    Kenway said:

So an epseth won't push a leg break further then? I was looking into options to upset/dsb on 2 leg fracs for the slippery ones
    Unless you're an infernal I there's not a whole lot of use in a 2 tendon devastate. 2 wrist can be useful but 2 tendons, even if it gave you one mending one resto still wouldn't add enough writhe time to get you a dsb. You need at least two resto for one.

What's the eq on shield? Can't remember off top of my head.

• Four seconds.
    Well shit.
    Not sure how I hadn't thought of this...
    Carve epseth upset