Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• I'm really out of touch right now :) so are Monk breaks much harder to achieve now or did upper end (18+ str) bbt/axk combos get nerfed to the point they aren't scary anymore? Or is it just a case of the top tier that I mentioned being diminished to just Jhui and thus not as many people showing off the full potential of Monk? Curious what you think caused the drop in power of Monk.
  • edited July 2016
    I think the need for complexity in monk prep and execution at the high end is why we don't see as many successful monks. If you've ever been on the receiving end of any of Jhui's setups, you will understand how complicated it is. As it stands now, I can more or less tank any bbt setup unless I'm playing recklessly. Due to his prep and execute, though, I just take my hands off the keyboard when Jhui sets off a break. I think the skill ceiling on monk is very high right now is all. 

Bottom line in the context of the original question regarding what class to select is that I think monk would require a lot of ability and experience to really make work. 2h runewarden with a L3 bastard would provide results a lot faster. 

• Dunn said:
    I think the need for complexity in monk prep and execution at the high end is why we don't see as many successful monks. If you've ever been on the receiving end of any of Jhui's setups, you will understand how complicated it is. As it stands now, I can more or less tank any bbt setup unless I'm playing recklessly. Due to his prep and execute, though, I just take my hands off the keyboard when Jhui sets off a break. I think the skill ceiling on monk is very high right now is all. 

Bottom line in the context of the original question regarding what class to select is that I think monk would require a lot of ability and experience to really make work. 2h runewarden with a L3 bastard would provide results a lot faster. 
    Should I take your lack of commenting on Occultist at all as your opinion that it's okay, but Monk and 2H Runewarden have more going for them?
  • edited July 2016
    Oh I love Occultist too. It's fantastic and a shit load of fun. I'm a big fan of speedy classes with fast offenses and Occultist is at the top of that bill for me. I haven't played it since a few changes went in, though. What I see out of Seragorn and other higher tier Occies is scary. I can't speak to the scariness personally as I don't fight them out in the world very often (high tier at least), but I can tell you how scary I felt when I was playing it. Good times. 

Occie is awesome because of their utility as well. Tons of movement utility, hinder, etc.

• Occie is insane in group combat (high damage, great range, access to Aeon). Harder to use in 1v1 and more notable weaknesses in 1v1 than monk IMO (though still quite good). Monk is great in group and 1v1.
  • edited July 2016
    @Makarios : Is Lagua supposed to affect SnB Runewarden disembowel? Antonius and I found that empowerment doesn't seem to affect disembowel damage as SnB : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/db455116

Weep, if it's a bug, went through two combat seasons without the extra 8-10% Lagua dsb damage.

Edit : This is the damage with Lagua (DC Runewarden) : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/53e53e74

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Dunn said:

Remember leg setup jpk leg break into bbts. So fun how the game has evolved. I thought I was smart for coding that shite

• Is there a reason why I'm not eating goldenseal/lobelia on plant balance? - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/d98ad763

Not sure if serverside bug.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Check your rift. You get no error message from SS curing if you are out. Took me dying to Farrah a few times to figure that one out.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Because it's not curable while you have madness so server side doesn't try. 

||||||||||||||||||||||||||| [ 2 ]
    [30|80|0|0|0|0]
    You hear an eerie voice whisper horrible words in the back of your skull.

• Hmm thanks, so the only cures are via focus/tree/passives. Need to fix my breakpoints too.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• That's not quite true. Whisperingmadness (mad on your prompt) stops you from curing madness afflictions by any means. It itself is a smoke cure, and is blocked from being cured by hecate.

I'm actually pretty impressed that you tanked several balances worth of hecate + madness, because usually that means enlighten-unravel in the next balance. It looks like @Archaon had a tracking issue on his part, and didn't realize that epilepsy doesn't count as an insanity.
  • Dunn said:

Finisher combos are finisher combos and should end things at high end of arty damage. Monk isn't as easy as people think, neither are other classes, plan and set it up. There is no easy way. Learn or die.

Jarrel-smalljpg

• Wb, friend. How you been?

• Armali said:
    That's not quite true. Whisperingmadness (mad on your prompt) stops you from curing madness afflictions by any means. It itself is a smoke cure, and is blocked from being cured by hecate.

I'm actually pretty impressed that you tanked several balances worth of hecate + madness, because usually that means enlighten-unravel in the next balance. It looks like @Archaon had a tracking issue on his part, and didn't realize that epilepsy doesn't count as an insanity.
    What gives whisperingmadness?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• It's an eq-using move. I can't tell you the speed on it or if it has any interactions/restrictions based on entity-balance, I'm afraid.

It requires one insanity on you to use, which is generally a mental affliction, but not all mentals (for example, epilepsy isn't one, and neither is anorexia).

Whispering madness incurs regular balance knocks (1-2s) and prevents insanities from being cured by any means, but is itself a pipe cure.
    Armali said:
    It's an eq-using move. I can't tell you the speed on it or if it has any interactions/restrictions based on entity-balance, I'm afraid.

It requires one insanity on you to use, which is generally a mental affliction, but not all mentals (for example, epilepsy isn't one, and neither is anorexia).

Whispering madness incurs regular balance knocks (1-2s) and prevents insanities from being cured by any means, but is itself a pipe cure.
    I feel like he uses server side.seems like madnessshould have been smoked out

• edited July 2016
    Hecate blocks whisperingmadness from being cured by any means. It's likely he had Hecate despite it not showing on the prompt, since serverside handles whispering madness fine, the asthma he had at the beginning not withstanding.
    Armali said:
    Hecate blocks whisperingmadness from being cured by any means. It's likely he had Hecate despite it not showing on the prompt, since serverside handles whispering madness fine, the asthma he had at the beginning not withstanding.
    What cures that? Lol

• Timed affliction

• Nothing. It's timed, 45s or so, delivered on entity balance by crone and requires 5 afflictions stuck on you to apply. I don't think salve affs count.
    So timed incurable affliction makes smokable affliction incurable which makes insanity afflictions incurable. 

Just making sure I understand it all lol... Dearborn locks me in  8 seconds.. Oh @Seragorn

• tl;dr : ur fcked once you get Hecate'd by an auto-occie

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• You sound kind of salty.

• I don't see any reason to be..? Tone does not translate well over the interwebs.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

I just want to understand all the classes heh. Some of them confuse me because I dint know what's going on. The changes to occie in the last 10 years are vast. It used to be aeon lock (which was really just hitting aeon) and now it's omg afflictions. There were no "momentum" or "prep" classes. It was damage damage damage

• Dunn said:
    You sound kind of salty.
    The irony of him saying auto occie...

• Hecate's only 15 seconds by the way. Would be fucking crazy if it lasted 45, since it's an insta death after hecate if the occ actually has a clue.

• Cooper said:
    Dunn said:
    You sound kind of salty.
    The irony of him saying auto occie...
    I mentioned "auto" because there's a big disparity between the auto-occies(+ auto-following scripts) and the non-auto ones.

There's a certain irony about you posting when you don't have the balls to duel or at least bring your offense up to par/date too.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited July 2016
    Up to par, meaning... Relying entirely on a script to 'reliably' stack afflictions?

Damn you Cooper, for still using aliases/keybinds to fight with. Get on Exel's level.