Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Weaponmastery - Lunge. 
    Is that % based damage?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • No. Like most (all?) PvP attacks part of its damage should scale on maximum health (i.e. be percentage based), but it isn't purely percentage based. It hurts a lot more if you have low health (or low cutting resistance).
  • Okay, thanks.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Have they started using the 10-room arena for ranked spars yet, or is it still general Delos?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Does anyone know if Vodun used to have an insta-kill in it? I heard in other IRE games there was an insta in vodun.. called obliterate or something like that.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Omor said:
    Does anyone know if Vodun used to have an insta-kill in it? I heard in other IRE games there was an insta in vodun.. called obliterate or something like that.
    That's puppetry. Put a lit firecracker in a puppet's mouth. Instant kill. Not a thing anymore.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • How did that work exactly? 

• @Kenway
    Yeah, apparently in Imperian they had an instant similar to that off vodun. Just curious if it ever existed in Achaea.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Vodun had obliterate too, it just didn't use a firecracker. Required 50 fashions (plus a lit firecracker for Jester) then they could kill you.
  • @Antonius
    Was that it? Just fashions and boom? Or was there some other prep involved? 
    If you don't recall, no worries. Just curious about it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • P sure it was like 75 fashions. No other requirement besides the firecracker for jester oblit.

• I do remember it being 50, but I was around 11 at the time so I don't have the best memory of it. I think that was one of crazy things about it, it not only was an unstoppable instant-kill... it required almost no fashion investment relatively. Half of a full puppet.
  • edited August 2016
    It was 50 fashions, usable continent-wide, no other prep or requirements aside from the fashions and a firecracker for jesters. And dolls/puppets only lost 5 fashions per RL day, so someone who gets a full doll of you could instantly kill you at any moment for the next 10 days (Edit: Only one time, since oblit destroyed the doll).
  • Yep, 50 fashions. I had it removed when I was classlead back in the day. Imbibe went in at the same time

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Thanks for all the info everyone. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited August 2016
    Pretty sure fashioning was different back in those days as well making Oblit harder to obtain than you would assume with today's states of play. Can anyone confirm? (I'm thinking fashioning was slower/you couldn't do mutliple fashions at once.)

I do remember being locked, fashioned, third-party cured, shit myself for the next weeks as I could be oblitted at any time and any place.
  • Tahquil said:
    Pretty sure fashioning was different back in those days as well making Oblit harder to obtain than you would assume with today's states of play. Can anyone confirm? (I'm thinking fashioning was slower/you couldn't do mutliple fashions at once.)

I do remember being locked, fashioned, third-party cured, shit myself for the next weeks as I could be oblitted at any time and any place.
    Fashioning was the same as it is now. You could multifashion just as easy, and fashion just as quickly.

Vodun(And I believe puppetry) also had shake at that time, which was the ultimate way to rid a single person of all their belongings
  • ^this

Fashioning was easy. I cringe sometimes thinking how many times I tried to defend it before the changes. It was pretty easy to aeon or sleep lock someone (Especially in a locked room with friends which happened a lot) and simply shake their entire inventory from them. They couldn't heartstop, couldn't cure the lock, couldn't QQ.

Achaea now is so much better for the general player base than it was back then

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited August 2016
    Proficy skilfully whirls Dreadnought, a flail crafted from burned oak toward your left leg.
    Your left leg is greatly damaged from the beating.
    The right side of your body loses all feeling as the weapon of Proficy discharges energy into you.

[AFF] PRONE | The power of the blow sweeps your feet out from under you, and you tumble to the
    ground.
    Proficy skilfully whirls Colossus, a flail formed from blood stained ice toward your left leg.
    1085h 4794m 99%e 99%w XX| M [ll2 bld(51) let PR] (-1530h, 27.9%) [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:51.694
     -------------------------------------------------------
    |     DAMAGEDLEFTLEG BROKE! | DAMAGEDLEFTLEG BROKE!     |
     -------------------------------------------------------
    [Offence]: Proficy has rebounding up! || Proficy has rebounding up!
    [Offence]: Proficy has rebounding up! || Proficy has rebounding up!
    [Curing]: APPLY RESTORATION TO LEGS
    You take out some salve and quickly rub it on your legs.
    1085h 4794m 99%e 99%w XX| M [let ll2 bld(51) PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:51.868
    [Curing]: EAT GINSENG
    You eat a ginseng root.
    [CURED] LETHARGY | The lethargy evaporates, leaving you full of energy.
    1085h 4794m 99%e 99%w XX| M [ll2 bld(51) PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:51.876
    You have recovered equilibrium. 3.283s
    You must be standing first.
    1085h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.288
    [Curing]: SIP HEALTH
    You take a drink from an oaken vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] (+1250h, 22.8%) [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.373
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.401
    The falcon dives at Proficy, ripping apart his aura of rebounding with its talons.
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.522
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.592
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.670
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.805
    Proficy takes a long drag off his pipe.
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.877
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:53.959
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:54.093
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:54.233
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:54.372
    Feeling returns to your right arm.
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:54.488
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:54.523
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:54.664
    2335h 4674m 99%e 99%w XX|EE M [ll2 PR] [1.2|1.2|0.4|0|0|0] 05:38:54.802
    Proficy skilfully whirls Dreadnought, a flail crafted from burned oak toward your left leg.
    The right side of your body loses all feeling as the weapon of Proficy discharges energy into you.
    Proficy skilfully whirls Colossus, a flail formed from blood stained ice toward your left leg.
    To your horror, your left leg has been mutilated beyond repair by ordinary means.
    Proficy moves in to engage you.

What. One hit limb break? Or am I missing something?

ETA: I know 3200cr is a big investment, but that's pretty goofy :D
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Without knowing your max health, it should take 3-4 hits to break with artie flails. If you're saying that he walked in and broke you on the first hit of the first Doublewhirl, you must have had some damage on that limb from earlier fighting/testing/whatever.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited August 2016
    5475h!

That was mid-fight. He broke the leg on the first part of the doublewhirl, proned, then the second one hit, then another doublewhirl, where the third one mangled (as you can see). I know prone gives a bonus, but that's a big bonus!

What I meant was, three-hit mangle seems pretty fast, given it's just the balance of two attacks to get 9 seconds' worth of salve cures.
  • Either way... mangle on the third hit (next balance) after break is pretty good.

• So uh... defence basically boils down to 'hope piety doesn't let him come kick your ass and rebounding comes up at an inconvenient time'?
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Yup. DWB gets limb damage bonuses on prone targets, and health damage bonuses when hitting already-damaged limbs. He broke that limb in 3 hits, (The second hit of the first DWL hit the prone/damaged leg, the 2nd DWL broke it on the 2nd hit)

No argument that artied DWB is nutty, but that's working as intended.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • It works unartied too at low enough health thresholds. For example, @Asani could do it to me with 4500 hp or so.
  • Aerek said:
    Yup. DWB gets limb damage bonuses on prone targets, and health damage bonuses when hitting already-damaged limbs. He broke that limb in 3 hits, (The second hit of the first DWL hit the prone/damaged leg, the 2nd DWL broke it on the 2nd hit)

Didn't think it was a bug, it just seems super strong! Like I said, 3200cr is a big investment for that privilege, but holy cow :D
  • Anedhel said:
    Aerek said:

Didn't think it was a bug, it just seems super strong! Like I said, 3200cr is a big investment for that privilege, but holy cow :D

well I like how you assume I have Level 3 arties to begin with, They aren't

second I explained to you during and after the fight how it works, so for you to bring it up here is a desperate cry for attention that is undeserving.

You basically went Newb status on that fight and were not using rebounding, it would not of been possible if you used that simple simple common sense defense.... As you noticed and used in the fight after that I might remind you.

Bottom line is don't cry about things that can be easily diverted and WAS easily diverted when your "expertise" was addressed on the matter..

oh and step your game up! you have sub par HP to be rolling with the big boys Tsol'aa isn't where its at.

• @Anedhel Need the prompt after the relevant lines for timestamps to be worth anything (i.e. the last line you should be copying should always be a prompt). Would have been nice to be able to work out what the balance time on those doublewhirls was, but oh well.

In terms of defence, you can try tumbling through piety and using rebounding (though not sure if just forcing a fracture is necessarily going to help, would need to look at the timings involved), but if you really want to survive you need to be pre-applying restoration to legs so you're not spending the full 9 seconds prone.
  • Proficy said:
    Anedhel said:
    Aerek said:

well I like how you assume I have Level 3 arties to begin with, They aren't

second I explained to you during and after the fight how it works, so for you to bring it up here is a desperate cry for attention that is undeserving.

You basically went Newb status on that fight and were not using rebounding, it would not of been possible if you used that simple simple common sense defense.... As you noticed and used in the fight after that I might remind you.

Bottom line is don't cry about things that can be easily diverted and WAS easily diverted when your "expertise" was addressed on the matter..

oh and step your game up! you have sub par HP to be rolling with the big boys Tsol'aa isn't where its at.

Just pointing out something I think is a little whacky, is all!

Rebounding being randomly down was definitely a nuisance, but I still think being able to mangle someone fully from no break in two balances is a little ridiculous!

The other fights went better, for sure (dying to Nauthiz was dumb, totally on me for not remembering it worked in arenas), but I spent more time playing defence than anything else!
  • my whirls are around 3.2-3.3 seconds with flails... so I can get the break and then 1 MAYBE 2 if I have it timed just perfectly RIGHT after an aura to get a second swing in with them, it happens but fails a lot more than it actually goes through.

I like how he didn't post the entire fight though, to show how many attempts it took me to pull that off. Any and everything can be pulled off with enough attempts and perfect timing.

To change the subject though, is Damnation supposed to go through shield? Kind of makes it so if they fight any class in which they have faster balance it will be a guaranteed thing (besides the lame tactics). As in i hit, then they hit and break head and then hellsight all within my balance timeframe, so there is no counter to it from that point besides like i said to spam fly and that's only if you have a RoF.

^ this is me being a newb on the subject, not sure how to counter that without always fighting them outdoors now.