Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• He ruined me our first fight.... thought i was an OG standing their until i got kicked out of the arena head held low
  • edited August 2016
    Re: damnation- don't get caught with weakness + 2 other kelp affs if a Paladin's been hitting you in the head. Means they're going for it, 100%.

Pretty much everything throws a wrench in it, best defence I can think of is to save your tree to use for when you get a broken head (eat, then touch the tree, then fitness, then smoke). Hellsight is pretty slow, no reason to be caught with Damnation if your curing's decent and you have fitness.

ETA: If you have all four kelp affs (sensi/weary/clumsy/asthma) when you get hellsighted, you basically deserve to die.

ETA2: That's how I felt not knowing I was gonna get mangled. I'm sitting there like, oh, hey, got a single leg break, I can probably make it. Nope. Not even a little :( Totally owned.
  • Anedhel said:
    Re: damnation- don't get caught with weakness + 2 other kelp affs if a Paladin's been hitting you in the head. Means they're going for it, 100%.

Pretty much everything throws a wrench in it, best defence I can think of is to save your tree to use for when you get a broken head (eat, then touch the tree, then fitness, then smoke). Hellsight is pretty slow, no reason to be caught with Damnation if your curing's decent and you have fitness.

ETA: If you have all four kelp affs (sensi/weary/clumsy/asthma) when you get hellsighted, you basically deserve to die.

very well,

The learning has occurred... hate having to adjust little things for everything

• Yah, I'mma have to rob a bank and come fight you again when my health is up in a better range :(
  • I just push asthma/hellsight to the top and queue fitness. Plus I count kelp affs on my prompt. Makes it easy to know when to hold back a little bit. 

• DWC's not nearly as much of a nuisance with it as SnB is. That 3-kelp aff head break's so good :(
  • Could I get someone willing to invite me later to an ooc combat clan that's actually active during the afternoon (GMT+2, or... 0900-1200 EST)? I have all kinds of questions during those times, but usually have to either come to this thread, or ask one of the 2 people in Ashtan (that are around at that time) that know anything about combat ( @Mindshell and I know the most, @Dredrith knows a little from working with me... most other combatants aren't actually around until later though).
    I know it's a little unorthodox to ask here, but I hate having to post on forums any time I don't know something combat-wise during my peak hours.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Feel free to PM me here or message me IG if no one is answering your questions. I check my phone during the day and would be happy to help. 

• I appreciate it @Dunn
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Can also PM or Skype me. Half my Skype contacts are just Achaea folks I talk shop with.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Or just keep it on the forums so everybody can benefit. Totally up to you though.
  • The only OOC combat clans are usually city specific, so forums is the best bet for asking people outside your city.
  • Does any one have the health/mana formulas taking into account level pre-100 and con?
  • Up to 100, it's ((3C + 4) * L) + 300 where C is constitution and L is level. Percentage modifiers (Aria, bracelets, etc.) just apply individually on top of that.

• After 100, your health is reduced by (L-100)*20 on top of the formula Antonius gave.

Mana is identical to health (including the reduction after 100), just substituting int for con. Just for thoroughness, endurance is ((15C + 20) * L) + 400, willpower is the same but with int. I can't remember if end/will gain above 100 is reduced, and if it is I don't know by how much.
  • Could someone explain the differences and interactions between cohosh and metawake? I've never been sure on how that all works.
  • edited August 2016

Cohosh just gives the insomnia defence. Any attack that would normally put you to sleep will instead strip your insomnia. A doublestab/doubleslash/etc with two delphinium will strip insomnia on the first hit and then put to sleep on the second.

Possibly you're confusing cohosh with kola, which gives a defence that allows you to instantly wake when you enter the WAKE command. Non-damaging sleep attacks will strip kola if you're already asleep (damaging ones wake you up first, so just put you back to sleep instead).

Metawake is a defence that will automatically (i.e. without you having to enter the WAKE command) wake you up when you're put to sleep. Main advantages are that it's not stripped by things that put you to sleep (i.e. runes on a totem) and that it doesn't require entry of a command (making it superior in aeon). Main disadvantages are the associated mana and willpower drains.

• Ah, yeah, I meant kola, I always get those two mixed up (especially since I use minerals). Anyways, thanks a bunch, that clears things up!
  • Also, metawake usually has a delay of about 0.7s-1s, so manual waking with kola is faster.
  • Wondering how the knight specializations syncronize with infernal. Is DWC still the best for infernals since it's easy to setup for a dsb/vivi ? DWB looks like it could be a close, the ability to double break limbs seems pretty legit. Two hander looks like an easy way to get a vivi since you just have to stack leg/wrist fractures and devastate. SNB just looks like a waste. DWC > DWB > 2H > none seems like the order I'd place them in without looking too far into each spec. Any comments or advice? 
  • Can't really comment on DWB or DWC but I played a 2H infernal and could Vivi pretty easily. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • so thats who you are
  • edited September 2016
    2H with level 3 warhammer is pretty legit for vivi-ing most people

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • DWB infernal seems pretty scary, though I haven't played it. 
  • Now is it scary in general or just with artifacts? I don't plan on getting artefacts anytime soon, as I'm trying to figure out if this game is for me. 
  • DWB is scary period. Infernal doubly so because they have 2 different kill routes that they can push at the same time. (3 if you count pure damage)- Runewarden has hugalaz though which makes their damage more... Consistent? I dunno, it hurts even without hugalaz.

• DWB looks pretty solid with forged weapons, from what I've seen. It just takes some getting used to the playstyle (no afflictions to slow other people down, so you'll have to learn to deal with that!), I suppose. 
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited September 2016
    DWC is still king for Vivisect, you can guarantee yourself a Vivisect or a Disembowel depending on how they react, and learning how is pretty simple. DWB is also very good, you can pursue Pulp and Vivisect simultaneously, opting which one to go for at the last minute; it takes a little more effort and know-how than DWC. 2H can Vivisect, but only against people who aren't expecting it/don't know how to cure against Vivisect optimally.

Edit: And yeah, DWC and DWB are both viable without artefacts, you're just all about the finishers, not about the damage. You won't murder high-tier players with forged DWB damage, but Pulp is still highly lethal. DWC doesn't get the same damage and affliction potential with forged, but Disembowel and Vivisect are still lethal.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    DWB is also very good, you can pursue Pulp and Vivisect simultaneously, opting which one to go for at the last minute; it takes a little more effort and know-how than DWC.
    Are forged morningstars really that slow? With level two/three morningstars the timing on Pulp really isn't close at all, so the route should become obvious pretty quickly based on what they apply to.
  • I will stipulate that Infernal DSB doesn't scare me much, particularly not from unartied fighters, since 15 + 1 (trait) + 2 (fury) is, I think, the highest you can get to (19 with Jera, which anyone can nab, I suppose) without arties (not counting minerals and favours, but those are very circumstantial). 18-strength DSBs hurt (~85%, from Antonius' table, which I -think- is still accurate), but they're not lethal unless you have a lot of pre-damage stuck, since the impale time guarantees at least one sip and usually one moss eat before DSB unless you're crazy good at timing it carefully.