This war

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Sobriquet said:
    Daeir said:
    Sobriquet said:
    This whole thread is throughly hilarious from an outsider's view. 
    It's actually a clever ruse and we're all colluding to make you think we don't like this war, when actuality we're finding people thinking we're serious about it absolutely hilarious.

The real war is on here. Mhaldor and Targossas have already won.
    You're right on the last point, given these are the only two factions in the game actually playing at the moment. The rest of us are hunting, sailing, fishing and mud sexing waiting for it all to blow over.  

Wait up for me, Sobriquet. :frown: I'm not doing this for another 20 day.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good attempt, it's obvious people put a lot of thought into it ( @Farrah ). Exceeded my expectations. But it being entirely PK based for consequences that are you going to hit pretty much only the RP side of the losing city was poorly thought out, it is getting people like Ysela who are great and focus on that type of stuff like, no real way to impact this war anywhere near as much as they should be able to -unless- they do what they don't want to do (PvP), which is just straight horseshit.

They should be the ones complaining. The combatants have no one to blame but themselves as a whole for the bad decisions and breaking immersion.

I mean, what kind of soldier would leave their city mid-siege? 

The kind faced with mechanics used in a bad way. But really, it was a good attempt, rhe first time is supposed to be rocky.

But not so freaking long, gdi. 20 days is a long time of back ans forth raiding and defending and duelling and arguing.

@Sobriquet Save me a spot on a ship and a honey to mudsex. :frown:
  • I'm pretty much in Reyson's timezone I think, there should be a few Targ people online that know PK. Claiming Targ is asleep in EU time is incorrect I think. 

I get people rather not duel Reyson over warpoints, but as a city leader I myself would certainly not scream at duelists for trying. I may have an IC reason too (though that's not how I like to lead), but OOCly everyone should be aware losing a duel is very much possible and should not be a big thing. I do think it sucks I sometimes have a hard time getting spars/duels because: not Targ person. (Medi/Aegoth luckily -do- still duel non-targs). 

Up to now, all I have heard Freddy say ever on forums/discord is: numbers unfair/opponent too stronk unfair. There's pretty much nothing constructive in it. 

• That's because I've said the constructive things directly to Farrah.

In the first draft of this, it was going to be looked into for raids (war raids) only to be done during times when the city had either the MoW or CL around.  This, of course, shorted a lot of people.  However it would have stopped a lot of the unneccessary strife.  (Though, I think it might have been both cities had to have either.  idr)

I've talked with her, and gave my opinion on a number of the term changes that have happened, as have a number of other Targossians on the matter.

What turns shitty with this (and is thankfully fixed now, blessed be @Nicola / @Makarios) came with the LoS hinder that gave them the initial sanction we didn't want to give, and the 5 tanks.  Which, in actuality, was when this war went south really, really fast.  We left city, Proficy called us a bunch of bitches (and so did Daeir bcz Daeir).  We try to return the favor in a raid, they all leave city/run and cower.  Starting an endless cycle of this inane bullshit to perpetuate it.

Now it's turned into dying 95+ times (we counted how many times we died to get the sanction in Mhaldor for those 3 tanks) without our MoW (Atalkez) or CL (Farrah).  Farrah only joined after we had gotten sanction.  I am very much not opposed to our group dying 95+ times to get a sanction on people hiding on guards, indoors, with no LoS an actual sewer, etc.

If Mhaldor had died 95+ times to get sanction the first time, sure fuck it, whatever.  I wouldn't complain about that.  What sucks is we got radianced out.  Stepped outside, and got soulspeared into kai choke + LoS death.  Kai choke ignores walls + elevation, and does a shitton of damage.  So the only choice for some people was to either die to radiance, or walk into GH and hopefully get lucky to go into the descent.  ((They weren't)).

With the entrance to Targ changed, hopefully now it should be more even on terms of the sort of shit that we can do, doubt it since blackwind is still a thing and you can get in with relative ease (as seen earlier), but who knows.  It at least opens a lot of possibilities.  Despite all my bitching though,  and actual tears because of people screaming at me for the 5-tank, I've had fun thus far when Farrah has taken us in a suicidal charge to murder folks.  Or even Tesha, who literally gave us a pep talk mid-way through our 95 deaths that "If you want to stay behind, stay behind.  We will go, for the Dawnspear."

There have been a lot of actual good RP moments that have come from this.  And sure, there have been a lot of shitty things done, but this is the 1st time this has ever happened before.  It's not meant to go perfectly, but Farrah has tried her damndest to make this work.  The only issue, that I have really seen thus far, is Sartan / Deuc making the citizen wager + their 'sekrit agreement'.  Most people have seen this as a "We cannot lose, by any means, we must win." motivator OOC.  It could have been better executed, but again, they're trying.  It did motivate us to not lose, but it's also motivated a lot of kinda griefy shit to go on in the name of Divine bcz people OOC don't want to lose (bar Daeir).

As for duels, there isn't much that can really be done about this.  You have people like Aegoth, Proficy, etc challenging our midbie people (and despite being artied, I am a novice at 1v1 and will lose every fight in it.)  That said, in a 2v2 I'm support, at best (if I'm actually feeling it since I play almost all day and when Reyson logs on is usually about the time I am winding down and getting ready to sleep).  A clause for every person being able to do a number of war duels, in total, would have been acceptable.  Up to their Army Rank in # (or even just a stationary # like 4).  It wouldn't be pretty, but it'd be better.  Have the MoW and CL have no cap to the amount of times that they can do it (and they always have to accept the first person to challenge them each serenade) and you have a static set of duels that will be occurring each month.
  • Aegoth / Nyderrasethi.

I would have been fine with 12 days tho.  24 is... excessive.  I'm already kinda kaput after 4.
  • I'm indifferent about the tank numbers, though I see why it's overall a bad deal for us. Literally all I was asking for today was for us to shorten this war considerably.
  • And this is why I do not bother to try shit with Reyson.

Despite knowing it was winding down time for all of us, he brought... 8? 9? people.  Torinn and Laniara had to leave because they had to be up in 5 hours.  Xaden left for work.  So it was just me.  I mean, I'm not mad or anything.  But you can't talk shit about us raiding when we have people and you do too, then do this shit at off-peak.
  • edited June 2017
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/xPxXEGGR

And this is why we never play nice with Mhaldor.  J/S

Edit: Add Kiet + Lucianus to that as well. 

You ask why we don't play fair with you lot, it's because of this sort of shit.  We try to play fair (and did go to a 4v4, actually.  Alrena + Medi + Saibel + Llesvelt vs Torinn + Laniara + Xaden + me) and then Ainly logged in.. then you guys got sanction.. and torinn/laniara/xaden left.. and then it was 2v your entire CWHO.

Edit: Add Shayde too.
    Edit3: And Rom.  God damn.
  • Llesvelt was dueling Kasa at the time, so it was 4v3. We brought Reyson to make it 4v4, you guys didn't show. We got sanction, we know your guys qq'd so we're blowing up the Dawnlord's office and inviting everyone for free textp. It's just one point now, dude. Relax.
  • edited June 2017
    We literally told people to sit out from the raid at first, since it was 4v4. You didn't engage, that's when we brought extra.

Also yeah it's 1 point. If we'd waited one day to change rules we'd be in 14 point lead again :(
  • For the recent 3-tank raid om Mhaldor, neither Atalkez nor Farrah were around until the very tail end of it, when we already had sanction and one tank down. It was @Tesha who pulled people together.

You're welcome.
     <3 
  • Be honest, dude. Your people qq'd way before we brought all them people in. When most of your people bailed, we were one kill away from a sanction, and you, personally, ran off to avoid giving it. It was even, then, as Alrena said. If you're going to play the victim, at least pick a better moment to complain about how many we're bringing.
  • I was in the Descent, xaden literally QQ'd 4 seconds before you beckoned me.  We were thinking of a plan to attack, Laniara then went "I need to be up in 5 hours" in an OOC clan because she had been up since 7 AM (2 AM her time when she said this) the previous morning.  Everyone QQ'd, and I was getting ready to head to a ship to QQ, because I gave the order to the only other person in the city to evacuate and go do other shit.

Xaden left because he had work.

Torinn left because he was also tired.

I embraced death, and by the time I got out of cave, Ainly had died twice (despite me telling him to leave city).  Idk what you're on, but you (the royal you, as in almost 50-60% of the people that were in that group) abandoned mhaldor not once, not twice, but over 3 times in the past 2-3 days that we have tried to raid.  We only got a sanction the otherday because some of you were trying to bait us for soulspears.

NOT ONLY THAT but Atalkez wasn't even with us.  Farrah wasn't either.  Farrah came in after we got sanction from Tesha leading us in a march to our deaths for 95~ deaths to get that sanction.  Farrah logged in right after we got sanction, we chose a spot.  We tanked.  We chose another spot, we tanked.

IDK what you're on that we "don't engage without farrah/atalkez" because we do.  We do, a lot.  Usually whenever Tesha goes "GAIZ GAIZ GAIZ.  I GOT.  A PLAN!"
  •           
  • I can only go by what I've seen. Attempted four raids in the last two days, not gotten an engagement on a single one, except once, this morning, when Targossas rushed, bursted Rena, we withdrew to even it out, and by the time we were back, the entirety of Targossas had scarpered (7-8 iirc). Tesha was there, because I dueled her twice, after.

What do you want me to say? I've gotten nothing out of Targossas, and it really does seem like 'be around when Atalkez or Farrah are' is the only way for me to get any points. Which is fine, let's just call it what it is.
  • there were not 7-8 people on CWHO.

It was Nazihk, Torinn, Laniara, Xaden, Me.  Nazihk was AFK on a ship, as he usually is at this hour.

Xaden / Laniara died.  I burst.

We retreated to descent.  Idk why you think there was 7-8.
  • 7-8 this morning, lol. You didn't even read the whole sentence, did you?
  • "This morning" is different for both of us.  2-3 AM counts as "this morning" to me (which is what it was when we brawled in the silverveil promenade).

"This morning" might be different for you, but 2-3 AM is this morning, and also "Really late" for me.
  • I did say Tesha was there, and she wasn't for the latest tank detonation, but okay.

To be specific, at 10am CST-ish, Targossas rushed us, when we regrouped and came back, they scarpered to avoid giving a sanction, and I dueled Tesha twice, afterwards. Only willing engagement I've seen out of Targossas in the war so far, when I've been part of an attack.
  • Both sides avoid giving sanction. Let's not paint ourselves as glorious white knights. It's not fun, but is smart.

And again, Reyson, not everything has to happen when you're around. Targossas does a fair bit of skirmishing even without Farratalkez. It sucks that it happens outside your timezone, but that's how things are.
     <3 
  • edited June 2017
    You all should be forced to play in Cyrene for a while. Gotta remember how to appreciate what you have!
  • Keorin said:
    You all should be forced to play in Cyrene for a while.
    No thank you, Satan.
  • @Frederich Why are you bitching about anything when Targossas set the tone for this war by bringing in 16 people for their first attack and abandoning the city/qqing during our first attack, and started refusing war duels from not only our top tier fighters but our mid tier as well?

You guys set the tone for this war, you don't get to complain when the other side continues to do what you started.

• I am sorry but after the last numbers Targossas brought and continued to bring (17-18) at the end whereas we had 5-7 actual defenders. (Yes some were logged in on a phone or without reflexes to be able to do something, people do that you know. Furthermore, people did leave the realms. While the numbers were closer 10/10~, Targossas seriously struggled to pull off a sanction). I have 0 sympathy for the raid early this morning that Mhaldor lead to Targossas. 

Point is, you reap what you sow. If you don't like it done to you, then maybe don't do it to others? But of course logic tends to be something that is out of reach of some of you for some reason or another. 

• Right, where was that statement after Mhaldor got 3 tanked and all the rules should change?

Reap what you sow.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Alrena said:
    Am I the only personal who dislikes the limit on how many tanks you can blow? We've been getting raided every single time. I'm on Europe time, so when Targ raids, it's when -I- am winding down. Now we got two days of some peace and quiet if we want it, because they don't have tanks. 

On the other hand, I guess raiding is really pointless compared to duels now and it's just gonna hinge on the battles. Again, I really hate all the rule changes midway through and I wish that we'd just have shortened the time then gone over pros and cons for next time. With Targ having caught up it's not like it advantaged us.

Seriously, who's even agreeing to these terms on Mhaldor's end?
    If you don't like the terms, you may just leave the army and not participate. I'm trying to make it more amicable for BOTH sides, the terms are more OOC discussions to bring a true War System into being, they can't be perfect immediately, they have IC consequences though which is why they are IC Terms.

As has been stated in previous posts, we're working on changing the terms a lot because we realize major flaws. The reason for the tanks being 1 per day is because Targossas didn't like the idea of getting 5 tanks at once, but in return I wanted tanks to be less of a role in the overall spirit of the war because I want people to ACTUALLY be able to defend and not have to run and hide all the time, like earlier. Could we win the war by 5 tanking all the time? Probably, you guys got one earlier that would've been 15 more points for us, but the war has two sides playing in it and just assuming you want every fucker over on the other side to die IRL so you can win, though competitive is not a great basis for a true War System.
  • Not fighting for your god in a war they've made personal bets on is basically tantamount to career suicide where achaea's concerned. That's not really an option, and you know it. 

Not a criticism of the rest of your post, but opt out, if you wanna stay in that faction, is terrible advice. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Except the gods are played by real people -- with real people feelings -- who understand that holding players to undue levels of stress/frustration is not healthy for the game.
  • edited June 2017
    It's great to see people get so upset about this thing.

Y'all still care... <3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."