This war

Comments

• You only got it because people were standing at Stygian baiting you for soulspears, though. If we wanted to play it safe we wouldn't have done that.
  • Anyone have a time machine to go ahead and proceed 20 days into the future? 

• edited June 2017
    Kiet said:
    How did you fall into it o_o Honestly curious

That's the only way I know to get there... It's a crevice you fall into (just by walking over a particular room). I think it only happens if you aren't Mhaldorian.

• Whose idea was that lol
  • Kiet said:
    soulspears
    omg i forgot about soulspears oaeriugjaeorgijzcflbkjxcvblxnj,mn,nzvjkdzfvkj WHAT HAVE I DONE

i'm a rebel

• Can confirm, I've fallen into that damn crevasse approximately a billion times, both before and mostly after my time in Mhaldor. Luckily I know how to get out of it lol.

Also @Melodie, I disagree with some parts of your post, but the one thing I do agree with and want to comment on is that, yes, everyone is here to win. And while usually I would condemn that, the problem is that the penalties for losing this war are so damn high that no one wants to risk losing. And I don't blame any of them. Like Daeir said, the idea of having to allow your factions polar opposite free reign in your city to preach for 5 RL months is a giant blow, not to mention the ban on preaching your own stuff. I, for one, am solidly in the camp of "holy shit if we lose this, life is gonna really suck" and am gonna do what I can to prevent that from happening. I obviously have lines that I won't cross (came across one of them in a raid the other day, I won't go into detail here) but I don't feel that tanking rooms we can defend easily and forcing your defenders back into the city for a sanction when they were previously defending crosses any of those lines.

I think for next time, for the sake of not having such a must-win mentality, the penalties for loss really could be toned back a bit - it would go a long way towards ensuring people don't care so much about a potential loss.

• We have given them so many.. so... many... *cringe*
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Hahaha I was wondering who illusioned the line of you entering the room

i'm a rebel

• Nope that was me going 'fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckevade up oh god it worked thank god'

• edited June 2017
    I saw you come in but I thought the play was so outright ballsy that I didn't have the moral authority to lay a finger on you.
  • Frederich said:
    Better than when you guys did 6v14.  Right?

Right?

And got 5 tanks for it?

Because we had 6 defenders.

Right?

Stop your victim screaming, you started this shit.  We offered to make it 1 tank/sanction.  Proficy/Aegoth/Nyd declined.

You reap what you sow.
    I think you're acting the victim more than anyone, you scream bug abuse constantly. Whine at everyone who isn't backing you up constantly. I personally have to deal with you a lot more than I'd like with the whining dude, and you guys got a good raid, congrats. Now, what will you be saying if I 5 tank you again tonight? Will it be the same old same old? Or are we going to mature a bit and realize things just happen?

Also, the 1 tank per sanction is a terrible idea for Mhaldor. We have enough people to legit raid about 1 hour of the day. You guys have a legit raid group about 4-5 times a day, as evidenced by the last 4 days of constant raids on us. Mhaldor would be insane to let it be that way, our best chance in this war is to get a 5 tank consistently, or have you guys fuck up and we get a lot of disarms. You're leading by 1 point, calm yourself, this thing is far from over.
  • Farrah said:
    Melodie said:
    Honestly, every time we think "okay lets loosen up just a little bit and try", not only do y'all land a sanction, but more people from your side come, and you pick a room that is impossible to defend. Twice, now, with two more tanks in another popular (if more defendable) spot as we speak. We also lose people as times goes on because it's exhausting to defend for over an hour, only to have one little slip up fuck up everything and bam, now it's 2 more hours to try and get rid of tanks.

This is why we don't want to play nice. Every time we try, we're handed our asses overpowered to a huge degree. 

I asked Nyderrasethi (begged him, really) to agree to a rule against multitank raids for this reason. He declined. We have to fight fire with fire. You guys cannot possibly claim you were "playing nice" and we aren't when you did the exact same thing to get a lead in the first place, though.

I don't feel bad at all.

To be fair, you guys were just mad you didn't get the first 5 tank. Don't act like it didn't cross your mind either, playing up the victim isn't going to win any sympathy either. I also stated my case numerous times to why 1 tank per raid would benefit Targossas more than Mhaldor and I stand behind that, so far Targossas has landed about 5 sanctioned raids and Mhaldor has landed 2, one of which was a strategy where I conned most of Targossas into believing we had tanks again, which almost worked (I noticed you all checking every nook and corner after we got sanction for a tank). War points are 22-21 in Targossas' favor, but there's still plenty of time and lots of things to do, we may still win!
  • edited June 2017

We're playing the victim here? You're gonna have a hard time selling that one. I've been telling people to just deal with things the entire conflict.

Not sure why you would think you -can't- win. Targossas was the one way behind. Now we're back in the game!

(Why would us believing you had tanks cause us to let you get sanction...? You have the weirdest plans)

• We knew you didn't have tanks (tho Antidas/tesha wanted to be 10000% sure).  The date you raided and detonated was checked.  You have tanks now.
  • Frederich said:
    We knew you didn't have tanks (tho Antidas/tesha wanted to be 10000% sure).  The date you raided and detonated was checked.  You have tanks now.
    Nope, no we don't. Feel free to give us sanction and then abandon Targossas for 30 min. No harm will come of it, pinky promise.
  • edited June 2017
    For the record, I offered people I see often in my time of day duels, duels with artefacts off, and 2v2's. The only person who's taken me up is Xaden for a 2v2 at a later point. Definitely offered Frederich, definitely got turned down. I know Targ has teeth if certain people are about, but it's starting to feel like atalkez/farrah vs Mdor. It's downtime, yes. However, every time I've tried to raid, I spot at least 4-5 defenders around on qw/with sense. It's literally my experience that Targossas will not fight, in any capacity, without atalkez or farrah about. Not throwing, shade, btw. Just stating a fact. 
  • We literally left to give you a feeling of what it was like @Reyson .

We were gonna fight, but just decided "Nah.  Fuck them.  They get to taste what we've been having to deal with."

Like when you instantly msg'd Keorin and said I was avoiding a raid in Cyrene when you only had 4 people.
  • edited June 2017
    Personally if I don't wanna fight, then I'm not gonna fight. Don't matter who's around; if I'm playing/doing something else then I'm not gonna stop that just because someone wants to duel/raid/whatever.

@Reyson for you, you have to realise your playtimes are generally when most of Targ has already been around for ages and don't feel like fighting anymore. It's not so much that they don't wanna fight because Atalkez / Farrah aren't around, it's moreso that they've been fighting throughout the day already and don't feel like fighting any more for that day. Sucks, but that's how it is, not everyone logs in solely to PK.
  • edited June 2017
    Yeah. I'll avoid being restrained and just bring in five people every single time, just to be able to say you're being raided when I inform other cities you're hiding in them to get away from us.

Straight up doing my best to keep it level, and that's the response we get, lol. 

Tbh, whatever the reason, the result is the same: Targ won't fight without Farrah or Atalkez about.
  • Don't be silly, let's keep the war in-game. Forum politics isn't going to achieve anything.

i'm a rebel

• Frederich said:
    We literally left to give you a feeling of what it was like @Reyson .

We were gonna fight, but just decided "Nah.  Fuck them.  They get to taste what we've been having to deal with."

Like when you instantly msg'd Keorin and said I was avoiding a raid in Cyrene when you only had 4 people.
    You right now...spreading your salt across the world.  =)

• Frederich said:
    We literally left to give you a feeling of what it was like @Reyson .

You are literally the very first person to endorse that sort of tactic in the war, and made it a staple. You. Frederich. You are such an arrogant, pompous child... I can't even
  • I'm just glad @Tesha mentioned me in the log.
  • yall should argue and be insulting each other in the game for pk excuse. don't use the forum to insult that stems from the in the game. I'm sure you all heard the famous phrase before: 'what happens in Vegas, stay in Vegas'?

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.