This war

Comments

• Also shoutout to @Farrah / @Atalkez for making the terms of my first Achaean War.
  • I'm shittier is that what you're saying Fred?  :'(
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited June 2017
    @Frederich reyson offered you 2v2s too, and he's not exactly proficy arty tier.

Regardless, the suggestion of limiting how many duels you can have per day and/or how many duels individuals can have in total throughout the war would've been the ideal solution, imo.
  • Serin said:
    Tahquil said:
    You logged in at a bad time. It happens. Boo Hoo.

You've been given quite a few pieces of good advice that you've tossed off you high chair squalling that 'That's not how I want to play!'. Okay. I begrudgingly nod my head that it sucks when you can't play how you want to play. Let's find something you want to do which seems like it boils down to logging in in Mhaldor and help your city. Inside of kicking your chubby little feet how about you take this opportunity to interact with your city mates? Talk to them, ask them for help in finding your feet again, see what you can do to help the soldiers who are fighting. Hell, right now most of your citymates would probably love the chance to kick back and help someone, even if it meant dragging them into the arena and teaching them how to defend themselves against the nefarious Targossian underhanded strategies.

As a non-com, in Mhaldor, right now, there are assuredly loads of things you can do to help if you talk to people. Even if it is to become a little less non-commy. And if that fails, someone(@Nyderrasethi I believe) already posted in this thread about a way out of the army which would excuse you from all this 'I'm going to quit boo hoo you ruined my good shirt' angst.
    Ah there is always one on a forum that wants to attack.

I am taking the advice from inside this thread.  And pivoting this thread into a discussion about the war and the rules right now.  

In game I have been speaking to citymates and housemates and being inducted into clans to help with PvP.  My issue was with a specific situation about being killed, then hunted down again and killed and how I felt that is an unfair thing in the war.  

Nyderrasethi offered a solution towards my punishment IG but not to let me leave the army so that point is moot.
    I offered you to be discharged from the army dishonorably. Until you feel more comfortable and wish to return...so I did offer you an easy way out
  • edited June 2017
    @Kiet

I'm not sure if we're playing the same game, or not. When we've come into Mhaldor (as in, when I'm around and try to raid) since this war started, your main leaders are content to sit back, let font stack and do anything they can do to dodge the sanction. Run into sewers, or out of city, to ships. All sorts of stuff.

In comparison, you haven't raided us but once with our main leaders on, and when you did we gave up the sanction (you just didn't have a tank to try). We didn't run and hide from your raid.

I'm not opposed to lesser defenders dodging a sanction, at all. I AM very opposed to your main leaders playing that way, while also bemoaning our lesser leaders for doing the same thing.

We wanted to remove the 'chase outside' rule, in exchange for 1 tank per sanction, which is extremely fair. It was shot down because (in essence, you can't really deny it....) Mhaldor wants to continue raiding our non-leaders but hiding from our leaders when we're around. That's not exactly a great way to win a war, imo. Proficy basically said as much in our discussion.

When we started fighting last night, you had more than enough people to defend. I've been raiding a long, long time and I'm not one to go around killing people just for the sake of it. I'm not a fan of leading 10 people into a city against 3, and that is not at all true of what happened last night. Immediately after we stopped raiding, you had 8+ people at Stygian to induct Rom/Iakimen. You abandoned the city/fight, with your main leaders around, and then when the danger passed all of a sudden everyone was around again. That's not 'we only had 3 defenders', in the slightest.

@Alrena the 'chase after' rule was entirely added -because- of Mhaldor. That wasn't a request we made, it was after listening to Nyderr/Aegoth complain on Mhaldor behalf about the situation, that we agreed to clarify. The original intent was to stop it completely, but that was the compromise. Clarification. So yes, it IS Mhaldors fault that the rule is in place at all, and it also is true that we offered to remove the rule completely and outlaw it in exchange for something else.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • 24 RL days way too long, I agree. Especially for the non-PKers who are the ones actually punished by this loss (ie: the no preaching thing) and who are probably already bored of the war.
  • Ailea said:
    I am sorry but this war lacks a lot of creativity in terms of the points and the ways in which one may achieve "victory" or a success in battle. While I get that the restrictions were in place to assist. However, they also did not look at different sides on wars such as actually gaining soverentiy or other denizen villages through deception (or divine shrine sovereginty). We really could have had some fun with invading and trying to take over terrorities and allied areas that each city had. 

Furthermore, we also could have looked at other creative sides that actually gave those who are not as combatively focused to actually have fun and participate with. Such as public debates or other acts similar. 

This war is really geared just for those that honestly likes to PK, so really if you do not like PK or really are not into it as much, it becomes boring and tedious after so long. 
    @Torinn @Ailea

I tried to find a way to do this or with Crusades but at least from my perspective it would be hard for me to track. Also orders are exclusive a lot more so lately than before and I know at least in Mhaldor we have trouble even finding people to let us defile or raise shrines. However, there is nothing against doing any of this or RPing this as part of the war for you, we left this as part of the war but not a factor in victory points.
  • @Kiet

My response to Reyson / Alrena was

"My partner isn't around."

Which he wasn't.  They haven't asked since.  (Though Alrena did ask for a 1v1 and I just laughed at her).
  • edited June 2017
    @Frederich i only asked Mithrik because literally everyone who was around said no to me, or already did their duel. I was just going down the list! You'll be pleased to know that my two duels so far were against someone the whole game hates anyway, and Avianca (jk @Atalkez ilu)

And oh boy did I have to fucking push hard for that Avianca duel
  • edited June 2017
    Atalkez said:
    @Kiet

I'm not sure if we're playing the same game, or not. When we've come into Mhaldor (as in, when I'm around and try to raid) since this war started, your main leaders are content to sit back, let font stack and do anything they can do to dodge the sanction. Run into sewers, or out of city, to ships. All sorts of stuff.

In comparison, you haven't raided us but once with our main leaders on, and when you did we gave up the sanction (you just didn't have a tank to try). We didn't run and hide from your raid.

I'm not opposed to lesser defenders dodging a sanction, at all. I AM very opposed to your main leaders playing that way, while also bemoaning our lesser leaders for doing the same thing.

We wanted to remove the 'chase outside' rule, in exchange for 1 tank per sanction, which is extremely fair. It was shot down because (in essence, you can't really deny it....) Mhaldor wants to continue raiding our non-leaders but hiding from our leaders when we're around. That's not exactly a great way to win a war, imo. Proficy basically said as much in our discussion.

When we started fighting last night, you had more than enough people to defend. I've been raiding a long, long time and I'm not one to go around killing people just for the sake of it. I'm not a fan of leading 10 people into a city against 3, and that is not at all true of what happened last night. Immediately after we stopped raiding, you had 8+ people at Stygian to induct Rom/Iakimen. You abandoned the city/fight, with your main leaders around, and then when the danger passed all of a sudden everyone was around again. That's not 'we only had 3 defenders', in the slightest.

@Alrena the 'chase after' rule was entirely added -because- of Mhaldor. That wasn't a request we made, it was after listening to Nyderr/Aegoth complain on Mhaldor behalf about the situation, that we agreed to clarify. The original intent was to stop it completely, but that was the compromise. Clarification. So yes, it IS Mhaldors fault that the rule is in place at all, and it also is true that we offered to remove the rule completely and outlaw it in exchange for something else.
    Yeah we might've had 8 people... counting Rom/Iakimen who weren't there before, nor even citizened.  We also did in fact get a few people who logged in after the fight or towards the end (Ailea got on like 10 mins before you guys left, Herenicus got there after the fight was over--Herenicus was the one involved in the citizening of Rom/Iaki).

Like I said, there's also a difference between 'this is a person that can come to a ceremony' and 'this is a person in any kind of condition to be raiding.' People on their phones, at work, with a fever (rip hararu), or doing homework due in 2 hours aren't gonna defend, nor am I going to even remotely force them to.

Regardless, earlier yesterday we fought you like an hour or two, and idk if you weren't there or you forgot entirely or what. We wiped your group 3-4 times, and I'm literally looking at the city log of it. This probably contributed, tbh, since I'd not be surprised if people qq'd at being raided the second time within a few hours.

• Ailea was there when the fighting started.  She just left.
  • Not sure how her having a life/other things to do makes her phantasm count, tho.
  • Atalkez said:
    @Kiet

stuff

This is bullcrap, we threw you outside of Mhaldor without guards, without font, two-three times. You, personally. Then you came back with more people. As good as our main leaders are, if they don't have people, or if they're connected by phone (Aegoth), or at work, you still want them to lead raids? 
  • I don't think anyone is advocating stupid defense. The main issue is self-awareness and hypocrisy, so...

"Bro we can't defend against that, Aegoth's on his phone, there's only three of us...what do you expect?"

"Lol, Targ can't defend if Farrah or Atalkez isn't around? You just gonna abandon your city because there's more of us? Wow #badRP"

Not saying you say that but...you get the idea :)

• edited June 2017
    Be careful taking @Dochitha 's advice. I went to Cyrene after a raid was done in Targ and I got enemied to Cyrene because they don't allow people to seek shelter from raids apparently. Even though the raid was over. Yeah it was silly.  Still haven't heard anything back on that, still enemied  :#
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Yeah wait, let's talk about this "other matter" shenanigans! Rant rant rant what is it! The rumour vine needs watering.  :'(
     <3 
  • Alrena said:
    Atalkez said:
    @Kiet

stuff

This is bullcrap, we threw you outside of Mhaldor without guards, without font, two-three times. You, personally. Then you came back with more people. As good as our main leaders are, if they don't have people, or if they're connected by phone (Aegoth), or at work, you still want them to lead raids? 

No, I don't. That's also why I don't login while I'm at work if I can help it. I don't want to give the perception that Targossas has more strength around than it really does. So when we're looking around at who would defend, and see him online, we're going to assume. We can't know he's on his phone until after the fact.

You did oust us, but you didn't exactly engage us either. You had superior numbers in the morning when I tried to raid (I was off work for the day), and all we got was radiance/blackout/disrupt/displace spammed. We moved rooms after embarrassingly losing several younger ones, you waited nearly 30 minutes to do anything which by that time you had more people show up and our original plan was ruined by being outside because you had cata. Later in the evening, you ran 8-9 people (including Prof/Nyderr) to Moghedu for like 10 minutes. We jumped you in Moghedu, because you had left the city and stood there for a while. Then everyone scattered, with only a handful of people looping between city/defendable/sewers depending on what we were doing. That's all well and good to use, if you're at a disadvantage. You weren't, at all, but you chose to play it extremely defensively (to great effect, obviously, we didn't get the sanction ever all day) more often than not. I get it, though. Everything that's been said about not wanting to give up points, etc, etc. I'm not really faulting you for playing that way, but I am saying it's kind of annoying to fight against. We get complaints about Targ not defending when me/Farrah aren't here, but Mhaldor isn't really engaging even when your whole crew is here. There is a difference.

You have a massive advantage just in the city layouts alone, alongside all the LoS hinder that you can generate, that we simply can't match. Mhaldor has a distinct advantage in ability to generate a sanction against those unwilling to fight.

I'd like to see more engagements, at the end of the day, and that includes duels too. Has there even been a 2v2 or a 3v3 yet? I don't think there has.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Tahquil said:
    I'm just cranky because nearly every post you've placed in this thread include this sucks, that sucks, both options sucks, everything sucks, my experience is ruined off of one unlucky log in and what am I suppose to do? Not log in? It's all so dramatic you may make a frail lass swoon onto the sideboard.

Unfortunately due to the rapidness of this thread there was 7 whole extra posts while I was typing my previous one, But I feel I would post the same but maybe a fraction less snark. As Atalkez said, don't get hung up on shit. Take the shit that's hanging you up, flip it off and flip it over. Sometimes it's the shit that doesn't go to plans that produce the more interesting story arcs. Find new ways to deal with the unexpected downfalls and you'll be thinking in new directions. Or you can just throw up your hands and declare total suckage of all the things.

When life gives you lemons, are you going to be the guy that makes lemonade? Or are you the guy who's going to think outside the box and burn life's house down with combustible lemons that you had your engineers create?

Edit: I am interested in how all this war framework will turn out in the end. You never know, this might be the seed for a future functional war system (after a few generations of refining).

I went back and re-read my post and you're right, I was acting immature.  Last night was just the straw that broke the camels back for me I guess.  I just so wanted to enjoy a game and have some nostalgia from my youth again and I'm just having a rough time.  So I do apologize for my whininess.  

@Nyderrasethi Did not realize that was what you mean and I may approach you about that, thank you.

I'm seriously not trying to start a fight I just wanted to get my frustrations out and try and get some help on what to do.   
  • I understand it's annoying to fight against. But we are going to be cautious when we know there is ret adjacent. If you want us to move in and engage, adjacent ret and totems kinda aren't the way to go. You force us to go around that, force us to spend more time trying to think of a way to go around that. We had some good people around, but certainly not our best, and we were arguing amonst ourselves for half that on how to handle it. You don't see that, ofcourse, so you can't know. But it'd be nice if you didn't automatically assume we take forever cause we're lame.

There's more stuff I disagree with, but it's really not gonna get us anywhere by arguing over perceived advantages here and there. 
  • You can't both expect us to agree to you using less-direct tactics (force portal into city) and still expect us to rush into you without exploiting our advantage when we can, though.

If you want straight up brawls (which I don't, personally, I hate fights bigger than like 4/5 on each team, but I know I'm a minority), then next time we should have rules that encourage brawls. Maybe not even in the cities at all, just like fight at nont.
  • For clarification's sake, Targossas' stance towards duels is: "Do not feel pressured to accept an unevenly matched duel. If you are confident you and your opponents are able to have a decent chance at winning, then sure." Which is wayyy different than "Don't accept any duel ever unless you are Farrah/Atalkez/Tesha/Avianca."

Stop offering only Proficy/Aegoth as duel partners and you'll find that some of our other duelists will manifest themselves.

Us getting called out on a policy that doesn't exist is pretty hilarious.

• Reyson literally spent 8+ hours trying to get duels, though, so that doesn't match our experience.

Of course, this is entirely subjective. What one person considers a 'reasonable duel' will never match another person's view. My opinion is that Alrena's plan of limiting how many duels one person can do during the war is ideal.
  • Kiet said:
    Reyson literally spent 8+ hours trying to get duels, though, so that doesn't match our experience.

Of course, this is entirely subjective. What one person considers a 'reasonable duel' will never match another person's view. My opinion is that Alrena's plan of limiting how many duels one person can do during the war is ideal.
    Reyson is usually around when Targ is asleep.