Achaean Raves

Comments

• Are we gonna get another chance at them? I do so want to snipe a tsol'teth, that's bucket list material for sure.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I devoured one but didn’t get a call out in the news. Am sad. 
  • You don't want the admin to answer that question Jiraishin!

If they answer no you will be sad.

If they answer yes, part of the surprise is ruined.

If they say maybe, we'll all assume that means yes.

• Cooper said:
    You don't want the admin to answer that question Jiraishin!

If they answer no you will be sad.

If they answer yes, part of the surprise is ruined.

If they say maybe, we'll all assume that means yes.
    I do want them to answer the question. I don't like surprises.

And I can't be sadder than I already am to have missed another world event because of religious observance (RIP Bal'met honours line).  :'(

• Tasus said:
    Siduri said:
    Keep them on Mhaldor isle or whatever if you want.
    I’d be down. Bashing cap in less than an hour? Yes pls
    How are you killing over 50 of these things per hour?
  • Nicola said:
    Just for interest, from the past Tsol'teth crusade:

Kills/Deaths
    Hailqas'an    85/8
    Nahu'an      151/3
    Trusad'an    191/7
    Kaama'lier   218/3
    An'maal       67/6
    Gattan'bahar  23/0

Trusad'an <3

Duelling Tsol'teth at NONT!

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Tasus said:
    I devoured one but didn’t get a call out in the news. Am sad. 
    Aww i had 2 but not sad was fun. And devour was silly, i wonder how many of those deaths were not devour.
  • Rave @ Keorin for taking the time to help me reclass while the event was on-going. 

• Ozmatiah said:
    Tasus said:
    I devoured one but didn’t get a call out in the news. Am sad. 
    Aww i had 2 but not sad was fun. And devour was silly, i wonder how many of those deaths were not devour.
    Almost every Tsol'teth death has been to an instant kill like Devour, cleave, behead, etc.

That's why I think the Tsol'teth grabbing only the people who paused and devoured the whole time is kinda funny. You actually want the people who held the Tsol'teth down good enough for the kill to go through!

• edited April 2019
    Thaisen said:
    How are you killing over 50 of these things per hour?
    Pretty doable when you're artied, and a fast bashing class. Also if you don't constantly get uncrittable ones.
    An hour is about what me and Thiev managed softcap in. Can throw your time off pretty hard if you get 3-4 uncrittable shadows in a row...

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited April 2019
    I wish I was only getting 3 - 4 uncrittables in a row. I seem to get 90%+ uncrittable, of all variants.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I’ve never gotten an uncrittable, maybe it’s only a thing if you’re a dragon.
  • I'd say probably 80% of what I kill is not crit-able. Haven't tracked it though so that estimate could be far off.

• At least every other one has been uncritable and/or immune for the first 10-15 seconds for me.
  • edited April 2019
    Cooper said:
    I'd say probably 80% of what I kill is not crit-able. Haven't tracked it though so that estimate could be far off.
    After ~70-odd kills, I'd guess I'm somewhere around 50-50. Curious if the scaling continues past 100.
    At least 75% or so have been invulnerable on spawn, though.

Think I've had 4 or 5 people now get pissy at me for either a) lasthitting their mob while they were hidden (aka, had no idea they were even there, and I WSC'd their mob)... or b) unknowingly taking their mob when they were healing in another room that I didn't pass through (or flying, in the case of 1 person). I love people.
    2 people have asked if I wanted the area to myself when they saw me in it, or if they could join in clearing tide, though. So there's that.

• edited April 2019
    Raves @Achimenius for still waiting after all these years.

• Events News #640 might be my most favorite thing I've ever read in Achaea. :)
  • Deziny said:
    Events News #640 might be my most favorite thing I've ever read in Achaea. :)
    I was cackling as I read it :D
  • Farrah said:
    Buscador said:
    Farrah said:
    That is an odd comment, for this particular series of events. I "started shit," and I live in the US, so naturally the fighting occurred in US time. Don't think that's anyone catering to anything unless you're suggesting I need to move irl.
    Wow, that's extremely defensive for an off the cuff comment which simply meant "I seem to miss a lot as it happens at 4am"

Hmm. I wasn't intending to be aggressive or defensive. There's just a mentality that's fairly common that things just "happen" and if they don't "happen" when you're around, you're "unlucky." This same mentality often leads people to sit around afk for long periods of time waiting for things to "happen."

I get it, but sometimes I just feel obligated to point out that things like this presumably aren't scheduled for a particular time or anything. If you do things IG, shit happens. If someone who played in a different timezone than me had the token instead of me, I'm sure it would've happened then. It's not really a favoring of US time. I actually miss a lot of stuff in my own city because of timezone. 

I just know for a fact plenty of gods are around at times I am not, so I know there's plenty of potential for things to happen then too. You just have to be proactive.
    I've never liked being passive per se, though I still often am since I'm logged in on a phone and/or while doing other things 95% of the time.

However, I've responded to this 2 week post to say I've decided to take your advice to heart, and where Lenn would normally comment from the sidelines, I think I'll have her act a bit more directly and proactively!

It can't possibly go wrong with me playing someone who doesn't like most cities or gods (and the feeling seems mutual in many cases where they actually know what a Lenn is), and obviously I'll blame you if it does!
  • edited April 2019
    Farrah said:

I always like those little interactions with enemies that don't involve bickering over who is stronger/smarter/braver/more ideologically pure (whichever area the person happens to feel they are beating you in at the moment is, of course, the most crucial one). So here's a rave for @Cooper for often lightening the mood in a way that makes things more enjoyable.

You can just not participate in those shouting matches :D.

Rave to Mhaldor, undertaking immense odds and holding out like a baws, 10/10!
  • Gonna miss these things after they are gone:

Cooper Ikari (male Human Rogue)
    You are level 122 (2nd Degree of Supramortal Existence) and 0.7% of the way to the next level.
    You are 919.11% of the way to dragon!
    Health:      18909/18909     Mana:        12443 /12477
    Endurance:   55908 /55910     Willpower:   34911 /50420
    Strength: 27  Dexterity: 29  Constitution: 29  Intelligence: 26
    You are a full member in the Serpent class.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    To whichever admin was shouting as refugee citizens from Cyrene, asking for help and direction.

Thank you!

I genuinely felt a gut punch when that mother asked if her children will be safe.

Here's to hoping some of those refugees actually make it to Eleusis.
  • Athelas said:
    To whichever admin was shouting as refugee citizens from Cyrene, asking for help and direction.

Thank you!

I genuinely felt a gut punch when that mother asked if her children will be safe.

She never did accept my offer :(
  • edited April 2019
    Minifie said:
    Surely you're used to that by now.

• Minifie said:
    Athelas said:

Thank you!

Can't imagine why